PDA

View Full Version : Cover Versions...

slinkster
18th October 2007, 12:23
Soooo many crappy ones about, and yet I have ideas that seem like a match made in heaven.

Every time I hear I Need You Tonight by INXS, it's screaming out for NIN to do a cover of it. It would be perfection. :love:

Anyone else got any perfect cover version ideas??

Daniel
18th October 2007, 12:52
I've always thought that Arnold Schwarzenegger should do a cover album like William Shatner :D

Brown, Jon Brow
18th October 2007, 13:19
Cover versions?

All Saints version of 'Under the Bridge' gives me nightmares, however I think that MUSE's version of 'Felling Good' is one of the more successful covers and their version is probably heard more often now than any other. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cIRkP2hkT1A

Oh..I want the Chili Peppers to do JIMI Hendrix's 'Voodoo Child'

SOD
18th October 2007, 13:30
I've always thought that Arnold Schwarzenegger should do a cover album like William Shatner :D

that is funny :laugh:

Daniel
18th October 2007, 13:32
that is funny :laugh:
Exactly.

I'd love to hear him sing this http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/katiemelua/ninemillionbicycles.html

It would be so much better than the original (not hard though)

SOD
18th October 2007, 13:34
Hurt by johnny Cash is a great cover version.

I'd like Trent Reznor to cover "Angry White Snail" by Cathal Coughlan :laugh:

Daniel
18th October 2007, 13:37
Hurt by johnny Cash is a great cover version.

I'd like Trent Reznor to cover "Angry White Snail" by Cathal Coughlan :laugh:
Speaking of Johnny Cash. Rusty Cage was a great cover :)

BDunnell
18th October 2007, 13:43

Fantastic idea.

Without that Shatner album, thousands of '100 Worst Ever...' clips shows would have had five minutes to fill.

Daniel
18th October 2007, 13:52
Fantastic idea.

Without that Shatner album, thousands of '100 Worst Ever...' clips shows would have had five minutes to fill.
But still. Common people is still worth a laugh :p

I"m glad people agree with my Schwarzenegger idea :p

Kneeslider
18th October 2007, 14:50
I love the ersatz roccoco reworking by The Divine Comedy of 'No One Knows' originally done by Queens of the Stone Age.

Not quite a cover version but it should be, is that new one by the Hoosiers, which sounds EXACTLY like Mr Blue Sky by ELO!

slinkster
18th October 2007, 15:12

That'd be pretty cool. Good one.

Rollo
18th October 2007, 15:20
Hit Me Baby One More Time by Travis is pretty good.
David Bowies Heroes by Oasis finally did the song some justice
Live and Let Die well, we only need to mention Mr McCartney himself to realise that other people did that one better.

Sleeper
18th October 2007, 15:56
Cover versions?

All Saints version of 'Under the Bridge' gives me nightmares, however I think that MUSE's version of 'Felling Good' is one of the more successful covers and their version is probably heard more often now than any other. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cIRkP2hkT1A

I'd second that, their versions of Fire and Crosstown traffic are excellent.

I'm generally not one for covers myself, so I cant think of anything.

LotusElise
18th October 2007, 16:49
The Pipettes would make a good go of Hey Mickey, I think, although it wouldn't be too different to the original.
I'd like to hear someone make a new version of Duchess by the Stranglers - I think that Carl Barat has the voice for it. There are also a few folky-type female singers around who should really have a go at some of the Wicker Man soundtrack.