PDA

View Full Version : Where should the French Grand Prix be?

FIA
17th October 2007, 19:07
Where should the French Grand Prix be?

I personally think that Magny-Cours is a fantastic circuit, but where it is located is the problem. I don't think it should be in Paris, I don't like all these new street circuits. I think with a big facility and safety upgrade it should be Ledenon.

What do you think?

tinchote
17th October 2007, 19:19
I like Magny Cours but it is true that it doesn't seem to generate a lot of racing. I don't know enough about other circuits to really have an opinion.

Tazio
17th October 2007, 19:34

I personally think that Magny-Cours is a fantastic circuit, but where it is located is the problem. I don't think it should be in Paris, I don't like all these new street circuits. I think with a big facility and safety upgrade it should be Ledenon.

What do you think?Dude, I'm glad you brought that up. I like Magny-Cours. I know it out in the sticks. Hey I live in the San Diego. A trip that distance from major Airports, and populous is like me going to Santa Barbara. Big Freaking deal. That's a Pu$$ified excuse. France deserves a Grand Prix I consider them to be grandfathered in. And next year a French pilot! It's all about bucks, dinero, coin, francs, whoop’s EURO'S. Now I'm Pi$$ing myself off. I'm...out…….. I just wish I could t”Tke Bernie Out”.....Over

Tazio
17th October 2007, 19:35

What do you think?Dude, I'm glad you brought that up. I like Magny-Cours. I know it out in the sticks. Hey I live in the San Diego. A trip that distance from major Airports, and populous is like me going to Santa Barbara. Big Freaking deal. That's a Pu$$ified excuse. France deserves a Grand Prix I consider them to be grandfathered in. And next year a French pilot! It's all about bucks, dinero, coin, francs, whoop’s EURO'S. Now I'm Pi$$ing myself off. I'm...out…….. I just wish I could ”Take Bernie Out”.....Over

inimitablestoo
17th October 2007, 19:52
If they could bring it up to standard without ruining its character, I'd say take it back to Dijon. Not just because I've seen the highlights of that cracking '79 race, I've seen other races from there and it always seems to entertain.

I'm saying this assuming a run around the full Le Mans circuit is out of the question... ;)

markabilly
17th October 2007, 19:57

?

Any track that bernie owns a major slice, will be just fine, thank you very much :rolleyes:

jens
17th October 2007, 20:31
They should try Paul Ricard for a change.

Corny
17th October 2007, 21:32
They should try Paul Ricard for a change.

Nah, that would get too fast for this cars I think.. And next to that, it's even difficult to overtake on Paul Ricard with my playstation MotoGP game!: p

ioan
17th October 2007, 21:39

Somewhere in France! :p :

Seriously? At Dijon, so that I can hear them while I watch the race on TV!

When I lived in Nevers I went to the GP once. Now that I live in Dijon I won't make the same mistake again! :D

Ari
18th October 2007, 04:33
France.

Valve Bounce
18th October 2007, 04:57

?

In France preferably - failing that, how about another race at Spa? I'm sure there will be support for Plan B in this forum.

Tazio
18th October 2007, 05:59
The French protectorate of Monaco plays "La Marseillaise"
before it's race. That's all that really matters!
Problem solved.

Cozzie
18th October 2007, 06:06
If only Reims was still in operation...

wmcot
18th October 2007, 06:35
I give up...where?

Tazio
18th October 2007, 06:49
I give up...where?
If Guiana was still a French Colony,
They could build a track on Devils Island.
Reverand Markabilly could have a Kool-Aid
Consession Stand there.
He would never have a repeat customer.
Yet there would alway be plenty of patrons!
Well,that's what I heard.

wmcot
18th October 2007, 07:03
I give up...where?

Sorry, that was a veiled joke about the French. Not really my POV, but I couldn't resist. My apologies.

raikk
18th October 2007, 07:04

What do you think?

why did you have to ban Mclaren from the constructors :mad:

ShiftingGears
18th October 2007, 07:08
Dijon! Fast and flowing circuit.

ioan
18th October 2007, 09:29
why did you have to ban Mclaren from the constructors :mad:

Don't start that again. :p :

BDunnell
18th October 2007, 09:32
I'd go for Paul Ricard.

pino
18th October 2007, 09:33
Where ? Imola circuit offcourse :p :

BDunnell
18th October 2007, 09:38
Where ? Imola circuit offcourse :p :

And called the Luxembourg GP? ;)

pino
18th October 2007, 09:41
And called the Luxembourg GP? ;)

That or the Andorra GP :p :

Valve Bounce
18th October 2007, 10:24
pino, if you're going down that route, we may as well have it at Monza!!

markabilly
18th October 2007, 13:18
If Guiana was still a French Colony,
They could build a track on Devils Island.
Reverand Markabilly could have a Kool-Aid
Consession Stand there.
He would never have a repeat customer.
Yet there would alway be plenty of patrons!
Well,that's what I heard.

brilliant idea~~~

It really will not be a problem, all I got to do is follow what happen to Turkey compared to the us grand prix---offer bernei some upfront incentive such as a couple of nude pictures of maxi, get the local govt to build it at their taxpayer expense, then sell it to benie....no doubt for the good of the sport, beneie would see that F1 would be there

The real dream come true would be the honored master of ceremoney, Maxie, along with the new owner of the track, being my first two customers....
:beer:

I am so excited, geeass I can barely breathe!!!!! :D

SGWilko
18th October 2007, 14:09
brilliant idea~~~

It really will not be a problem, all I got to do is follow what happen to Turkey compared to the us grand prix---offer bernei some upfront incentive such as a couple of nude pictures of maxi, get the local govt to build it at their taxpayer expense, then sell it to benie....no doubt for the good of the sport, beneie would see that F1 would be there

The real dream come true would be the honored master of ceremoney, Maxie, along with the new owner of the track, being my first two customers....
:beer:

I am so excited, geeass I can barely breathe!!!!! :D

Is there an antidote for Kool AId, cos this :beer: little guy keeps drinking the stuff, but he hasn't keeled over yet........

If the Kool Aid really takes off, I am sure Schweppes would be interested.....

Now, back on topic, I am sure Herman Munster, sorry Tilke, could come up with a suitably bland circuit with little overtaking opportunity, he's done enough of em to do it with his eyes shut. :rolleyes:

edv
18th October 2007, 17:12
I'd go for Paul Ricard.

Paul Ricard is a nice technical challenge, and is able to be configured to simulate any different tracks....But...

...there is no seating for spectators.

FIA
18th October 2007, 18:48
"...there is no seating for spectators."

Huh, Really!

jso1985
19th October 2007, 00:32
...there is no seating for spectators.

that can be solved.

don't ask me how

Placid
19th October 2007, 03:14
And what about the Le Mans Moto GP circuit?

ShiftingGears
19th October 2007, 06:53
And what about the Le Mans Moto GP circuit?

It was Mickey Mouse when f1 last visited and its Mickey Mouse now :p :