PDA

View Full Version : Motorsports phases

Sports Wine
17th October 2007, 18:30
Dear Motor Sports Enthusiasts

I am developing a line of wines for the motor sports enthusiast and I am looking for some key phases that are commonly used in the sport, such as, Tradin Paint, Rubbin is Racin’, and Peddle to the metal. I am asking for help from all of you tell me some other cool phases that I could use for my wine names.

I truly appreciate any help you can give me!!!

Thank you in advance!

Cordially,

Evans Arnold

jim mcglinchey
17th October 2007, 18:34
...you mean phrases?..

jim mcglinchey
17th October 2007, 18:36
Oh yeah, theres an anti freeze joke in here somewhere..

Donney
17th October 2007, 19:19
"Three gears is enough" :D

fandango
17th October 2007, 21:02
There's an Alonso one, too (wine,whine).

Rollo
17th October 2007, 23:35
I am developing a line of wines for the motor sports enthusiast

Dear Evans Arnold,

Speaking as a member of the motorsports enthusiasts community, I would like to point out that changing the name of a bottle of red to something with a trite name is more likely to see said bottle not being bought in the first place.
However, I do point out at this juncture that the technical aspects of the wine should be taken into consideration:

A wine for Silverstone should be priced roughly 9 quid higher than normal so as to catch the tosspots who turn up for the British Grand Prix claiming that they follow sport only to be proved totally ignorant and in actual fact are only there because their company happened to pay for an advert measuring 1" by 3" on the side of a Super Aguri Best Friends.

A wine for a BTCC race at Knockhill should be roughly 65% alcohol so as to induce an "alcohol overcoat" because at 2am when the temperature has fallen even lower than Britney Spears knickers on a Saturday night, then a bout of alcohol poisoning might be more fun than hypothermia in a tent at a campsite for the night.

To produce a wine for Croft should reflect the local area. Since tak'n the dog foor wak, is a popular passtime, the wine should be almost entirely made from anti-freeze and have bits of gravel in. You could pawn them off as mystery "prizes".

Whilst in the car at Snetterton, one can hear the delightful strains of Radio Norwich (actually yes, it does exist. It's not just the fictional home of Alan Partridge http://www.999radionorwich.com/ ).
Because Crab Sticks do not actually contain any crab at all, and since 1993 have had to be labelled Crab Flavoured Sticks, Snetterton wine also should not actually contain any wine at all because in Norfold they feed beefburgers to swans; have big sheds, but nobody's allowed in. And in these sheds you have 20 ft high chickens, and these chickens are scared because the don't know why they're so big, and they're going 'Oh why am I so massive?' and they're looking down at all the little chickens and they think they're in an aeroplane because all the other chickens are so small.
Do you deny that? No, I think your silence speaks volumes.

Yours neglectfully,

Rollo von Stroganoff
World Trouser Champion and 3rd Earl of Chutney

Mark
18th October 2007, 10:13
I would think most motorsport fans would be interested in the alcoholic properties not marketing slogans! :p the ones you have mentioned are associated with nascar but not much else. Indeed phrases in general tend to be only nascar but if you are selling to nascar fans that is fine!

jso1985
19th October 2007, 00:38
"Right into Timo's butt" :D

that would't sell much anyway :p :