PDA

View Full Version : OT: FAO NASN/Setanta Sports Subscribers

AscarJam
17th October 2007, 14:20
A friend of mine requested a link to subscribe to Setanta and I noticed they've dropped their prices. I've been paying £15 for a long time, but now it looks like it costs £9.99 a month. I'm not sure when this changed, but I was not informed! If I hadn't just called them, I'd STILL be paying £15 a month (also the cost of a 2nd subscription has reduced from £7.50 to £5.50).

So if you all haven't already done so, call up Setanta and make sure they reduce your payment as they WILL NOT REDUCE IT AUTOMATICALLY!

They also said that they will not be refunding me for all the months I've been overcharged. We'll see about that! Presumably anyone who does this will get the same response as me, so the address to complain to is:

Setanta Sports
PO Box 800
Kirkcaldy
Fife
KY2 6WD

JovialJooles
17th October 2007, 15:23
I've heard they are rebranding to Bonanza Sports.

Tony Hurdle
17th October 2007, 18:47
A friend of mine requested a link to subscribe to Setanta and I noticed they've dropped their prices. I've been paying £15 for a long time, but now it looks like it costs £9.99 a month. I'm not sure when this changed, but I was not informed! If I hadn't just called them, I'd STILL be paying £15 a month (also the cost of a 2nd subscription has reduced from £7.50 to £5.50).

So if you all haven't already done so, call up Setanta and make sure they reduce your payment as they WILL NOT REDUCE IT AUTOMATICALLY!

They also said that they will not be refunding me for all the months I've been overcharged. We'll see about that! Presumably anyone who does this will get the same response as me, so the address to complain to is:

Setanta Sports
PO Box 800
Kirkcaldy
Fife
KY2 6WD

I hadn't realised they had dropped their prices either. Are you sure it's not a promo exercise to get people on board? If not then I'll be on the phone as well. Mind you, I'm not sure if it's worth carrying on with them. I'm sure I read on their website the Cup races are shown live. However haven't there been a few cases lately where the races have been shown at some God unearthly hour as a tape delayed " as live?" I know there will be time differences with East/West Coast etc. The other thing is why they never show any repeats of the Cup races at a sensible time and yet they do the Busch races? It's always live b****y baseball, college football and hundreds of them. Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not bitter :-)

Any thoughts/information would be appreciated.

jeffmr2
17th October 2007, 19:31
I phoned tuesday 16th as i'm having problems with reception of my setanta channels (problem is with my dish). Anyway when i was on phone i mentioned i'm still paying £15 per month and not £10 as advertised so the operator ammended my details there and then.From november i will be paying £10.
Annoying as it has been with the nextel cup races not being shown live since start of rugby world cup i certainly will continue my subscription as long as it remains the only way to see nextel cup on t.v. regardless of what time of day or night its shown.
Being welsh i'm used to everything being re-arranged just for that bloody awfull boring game.

Gasman
17th October 2007, 20:29
I only discovered about this at the end of September in a chance conversation with a football fan who had recently taken out a new subscription with Setanta and when I rang them I got the same reply that it it was up to me to request that my subscription rate be reduced to the new level! So it seems that they have no intention of telling you that its been reduced by a THIRD and just hope that you don't find out elsewhere...truely incredible!

They gave me the address to complain to, but due to the postal strike I've. had no reply yet, or is it just that they won't bother to reply at all?

Anyway, if they don't give me my money back I suppose that I could always make a complaint to OFCOM.

earnhardt8
18th October 2007, 09:50
I've just rung them up to ask about reducing my subscription and apparantly they cant (or rather i suspect wont) do reductions over the phone, and i have to put my "request" in writing.

But then i should have realised that nothing is ever easy where Setanta is concerned!

AscarJam
18th October 2007, 12:23
I bet you wouldn't have to go through this process if they were INCREASING their prices!

The reason they told me that they won't refund for the months they've been overcharging me is because 'You subscribed to Setanta at that price so you should be paying that price'.

Can I use that excuse to get out of any future price increases?

LessThanSte
18th October 2007, 13:14
Funny really. ALL of the adverts on tv at the moment for the premiership coverage mention a '£9.99 a month' price. Quite obvious, no?

Well anyway, i got a letter a while back and with it was a leaflet that also mentioned the £9.99. It didnt explicably say that it was changing, and didnt tell me to ring them to get it changed, but i wasnt having it and got it all sorted out.

So um, there you go then!

jeffmr2
20th October 2007, 22:40
I received a letter off setanta today confirming my monthly direct debit will be £9.99.Also enclosed was a brochure about setanta sports,in the motor rracing section they mention british touring cars,indycar,dtm and gp2.No mention whatsover about nascar so is our nascar coverage going to be dropped at the end of the season?

gary_580
28th October 2007, 08:46
I received a letter off setanta today confirming my monthly direct debit will be £9.99.Also enclosed was a brochure about setanta sports,in the motor rracing section they mention british touring cars,indycar,dtm and gp2.No mention whatsover about nascar so is our nascar coverage going to be dropped at the end of the season?

I hope so, its been a farce for a year now. Let someone else have it where we can watch it.

EarWig
28th October 2007, 10:54
I hope so, its been a farce for a year now. Let someone else have it where we can watch it.

And their website doesnt comply with current UK Law

acorn
28th October 2007, 11:52
No mention whatsover about nascar so is our nascar coverage going to be dropped at the end of the season?

i would imagine they have to obtain the rights annually. so, unless they've already signed the contracts, they can't say they'll have it when they don't know if they will for sure.

cgs
28th October 2007, 12:34
i hope channel 5 get the rights to the daytona 500 again this year. i liked having it on terrestrial tv, even if i had to stay up till 4am to watch it!

Tony Hurdle
28th October 2007, 16:16
I've just rung them up to ask about reducing my subscription and apparantly they cant (or rather i suspect wont) do reductions over the phone, and i have to put my "request" in writing.

But then i should have realised that nothing is ever easy where Setanta is concerned!

Just spoke to a nice young lady called Lindsay at NASN/Setanta ,whoever they are this week, and she changed evreything for me straight away. New price as of November. All she wanted to know was whether I had subscribed for over a year. Have to give them a thumbs up on this one for a change.

gary_580
28th October 2007, 17:30
Just spoke to a nice young lady called Lindsay at NASN/Setanta ,whoever they are this week, and she changed evreything for me straight away. New price as of November. All she wanted to know was whether I had subscribed for over a year. Have to give them a thumbs up on this one for a change.

If your still in the first year then they wont reduce the price until the year is up

gary_580
28th October 2007, 17:30
i hope channel 5 get the rights to the daytona 500 again this year. i liked having it on terrestrial tv, even if i had to stay up till 4am to watch it!

I want to see it on live

gary_580
28th October 2007, 17:31
And their website doesnt comply with current UK Law

in what respect?

earnhardt8
28th October 2007, 20:20
If your still in the first year then they wont reduce the price until the year is up

Well i rang them back this week after my email went unanswered and the lady on the phone cancelled my year long contract (that i took out in feb) and changed the price down to to £9.95 per month.

jeffmr2
1st November 2007, 19:44
Looks like Five US arent that dependable either,i just tuned i for atlanta highlights to see theres golf on instead!!