PDA

View Full Version : Best rallies

Magnus
17th October 2007, 07:44
At the beginning of this season a made a lame attempt to arrange for a ranking system regadring the different rallies. Due to overwhelmingly much work in my form (aargh...these **** boats...) I did not have time to follow rallying during the spring. My idea of a little guide for rally-vistiors than turned out into nothing...

Three years ago i simply asked the forumers which rallies they think is the best to visit. Since this thread is long gone, I now present the question again.

Which rallies gives most value compared to the effort, financially an physically...?

Any comments are welcome!

You may not recommend your home-rally... ;)

Corny
17th October 2007, 08:34
only been to Germany, that's quit ok.. I've seen 4 stages and a servicepark (could've been 2 if I wanted) on this year's friday..
and next to that, you can stand real close to the cars on some stages

turves
17th October 2007, 08:51
Outside of the UK I've only been to Corsica (2003) and Cyprus (2004,2005). Both were enjoyable, but I think Cyprus had the upper hand. I was staying in Paphos, which was great for leg 2, but it was quite a trek for the other legs. I can't recall the name of the stage on leg 2 but it was the last of the loop of 3, and theres a great valley the rally runs through where you can see the cars for quite a while, plus theres a good atmosphere down there.

Corsica was good too, especially the second leg, where I got 4 stages in, which is quite rare for a WRC event these days. Plus there arent many hotels in Ajaccio, so I was staying in the same hotel as Danny Sola and Patrick Richard (who is very approachable). In the evenings a lot of crews are out dining at restaurants (I saw Miggins most nights).

Brother John
17th October 2007, 12:04
For me the best rally will always be Finland.
Sinds i live in Sweden i love my home rally and i´l be there.
Germany, my favorit before it were WRCF rally, the name "The Hunsruck Rally" wit a lot well-known and big names.
If Poland comes at the wrc in 2008, I will certainly will take a look.

Koppomsbo
17th October 2007, 12:49
Have been to Sweden(as my home rally), norway, finland, germany, cyprus, turkey. If i leave sweden out i rank them like this

1.Finland
2. Germany
3. Norway
4. Cyprus

578. Turkey

Magnus
17th October 2007, 13:06
Ooops, whats with Turkey?

J4MIE
17th October 2007, 13:40
So is this just from the rallies that you have been to? :)

pino
17th October 2007, 13:46
1) Sweden : love those stages covered with snow, and watching cars sideways on snow... is the coolest thing in the world :s mokin:

2) Finland : amazing fast stages on gravel, here you have the chance to see who has talent, and who hasn't. Missing this event is a crime against Rallying...

3) Wales : This event has a mix of everything : gravel, rain, fog, tricky and demanding stages plus always a quality entry list. No to mention that, to win in here you need everything: car, tyres, skills, luck etc...etc...

J4MIE
17th October 2007, 15:11
Sweden
Finland

Sanremo
Monte Carlo
Acropolis
Sardinia
Wales
Australia

Germany

AndyRAC
17th October 2007, 15:14
1) Sweden : love those stages covered with snow, and watching cars sideways on snow... is the coolest thing in the world :s mokin:

2) Finland : amazing fast stages on gravel, here you have the chance to see who has talent, and who hasn't. Missing this event is a crime against Rallying...

3) Wales : This event has a mix of everything : gravel, rain, fog, tricky and demanding stages plus always a quality entry list. No to mention that, to win in here you need everything: car, tyres, skills, luck etc...etc...

Sweden and Finland yes, but not Wales(GB), well not anymore. It used to be, especially 'Killer Kielder', now that sorted the men from the boys, especially in the dark. Personally it's just another gravel rally nowadays.

N
17th October 2007, 18:09
I've been to Rally NZ 2002 to 2005 and Rally Cyprus 2006 and 2007.

Personally, I loved NZ, but there is a cost to see the stage, they charge you for parking this and that, it all adds up. Cyprus was completley free. Secondly, in Cyprus I saw a number of attractions, watersplash, jumps, hairpin corners, basically, everything you would expect from a rally. Also, the atmosphere in Cyprus is good. To me, each is special in its own unique way and I like them both.

Koppomsbo
18th October 2007, 06:51
Ooops, whats with Turkey?

I was there last year, so first of all it was rain and thunderstom, then they took PGs gold away.. So maybe it only was so bad when i was there :)

Micke_VOC
18th October 2007, 14:52
If i dont count Sweden, my home rally...

1. Finland , was there this year, awesome speed and jumps.
2. Wales, was there last year, the mud, gravel, rain and all other things do this a really tricky event. Going there this year to.
3. Norway , much snow , but litte to bad roads for my taste.

Magnus
18th October 2007, 22:42
Long time no see Micke_VOC! Hur går det med sladdandet?

Micke_VOC
19th October 2007, 11:05
Long time no see Micke_VOC! Hur går det med sladdandet?

ÄR högerstolen som gäller nu mer. Studier och köra går inget bra ihop.

Nu åter till ämnet....

OT. Now back to the thread again---

anncath
20th October 2007, 17:46
For me is Sweden the best rallye. :) Why?

It´s the coolest rallye of the year, some snow, nice drifts, fire to grill korv on, hot coffee and frozen milk (never hapens again...), sprinten in Hagfors (but not next year...), service in Rada (next year also gone...) and many folks in Värmlands skogen.

Everything is great, but may be it changes next year with the rallyevillige in Karlstad.