PDA

View Full Version : Will crowd favor Alonzo over Hamilton

Tazio
16th October 2007, 18:56
Not that it makes any real difference as to the outcome of the race.
Fred being of the Latin persuasion, (racing at a Latin American venue) and LH an Englishman. Outside of Massa's race, I suspect Fred will have more substantially more support from the fans in attendance. If so do you think it could be a factor?

fandango
16th October 2007, 21:07
Interesting idea (at least to pass the time til Sunday). I think the Brazilian crowd would be more interested in Massa and Barrichello, obviously, but at a push they'd probably go for Alonso, also taking into consideration the way Ron Dennis sacked Montoya. But it won't make any difference to the drivers.

BTW what's this Fred business? His name's not Federico, and it's not funny, so why Fred?

rohanweb
16th October 2007, 21:38
Well as fandango said , brazilian crowd will cheer Massa & Rubens!
then Alonso , because they dont really know Hamilton before, to get sort of popularity there LH's visit to the Senna grave would be a help ..lol

Tazio
17th October 2007, 01:44
Fandango I'm sorry you disapprove. I played hardball until I was 45. Baseball players love nick-names.
It's just some thing I do. Please don't trip-out on it
Thanks for the insight from rohawweb, and yourself. I never even thought about the JPM connection. He is another driver that didn't cotton to Ron. The Senna grave deal (and I know I'm going to p!$$ a few people off) is at the bottom, just a photo op. to market Lew to "Baja America" If he really wanted to have a spiritual connection, or the opportunity to show respect, he wouldn't have let his plans out of the bag. JMHO

wmcot
17th October 2007, 06:43
BTW what's this Fred business? His name's not Federico, and it's not funny, so why Fred?

Blame David Hobbs for that!

Donney
17th October 2007, 11:02
Interesting idea (at least to pass the time til Sunday). I think the Brazilian crowd would be more interested in Massa and Barrichello, obviously, but at a push they'd probably go for Alonso, also taking into consideration the way Ron Dennis sacked Montoya. But it won't make any difference to the drivers.

His lack of neck and his eyebrows make some people think of Fred Flinstone.

janneppi
17th October 2007, 11:20
His lack of neck and his eyebrows make some people think of Fred Flinstone.
Never even thought of that, great stuff. :D

Dave B
17th October 2007, 11:36
Alonso reminds me more of this guy...

http://www.dolmio.co.uk/DolmioNew/en-GB/find_a_recipe/numberofpeople/one/just_for_one.htm?Section=&GUID={A104F7C9-6B41-4FD3-A02D-91182ED032EB}&HideHeader=true

Lalo
17th October 2007, 17:14
Alonso reminds me more of this guy...

http://www.dolmio.co.uk/DolmioNew/en-GB/find_a_recipe/numberofpeople/one/just_for_one.htm?Section=&GUID={A104F7C9-6B41-4FD3-A02D-91182ED032EB}&HideHeader=true

LOL! He's prety like him, specially with the big eyebrows and that huge jawl.

I believe they'll cheer Fernando. They were very happy for his championships in 2005 and 2006, specially with last year's battle with Michael.

Go Alonso!!

Valve Bounce
19th October 2007, 00:36
With Massa a big chance to win and/or help Kimi and Ferrari to win, I think the Brazilians will have very little time for anyone else at all. And if Massa won, they would go absolutely wild.

Fernando is Spanish - the Brazilians speak Portuguese!! that should be a clue.

Hawkmoon
19th October 2007, 01:27
I think a better question is how will the crowd react if Massa has to give the win to Raikkonen so the Finn can win the WDC? That scenario could get ugly.

Tazio
19th October 2007, 01:57
With Massa a big chance to win and/or help Kimi and Ferrari to win, I think the Brazilians will have very little time for anyone else at all. And if Massa won, they would go absolutely wild.

Fernando is - the Brazilians speak Portuguese!! that should be a clue. Portuguese and Spanish are both Latin derivatives. Yes I did know. I am quite familiar with their respective colonization’s. San Diego Ca. was claimed by Carrillo a Portuguese explorer. There is a large Portuguese population here, and as you have probably heard Hispanics as well. The Spanish were only slightly less brutal than the Portuguese in their colonization of the America's.
Thanks for the clue.

Valve Bounce
19th October 2007, 03:38
Portuguese and Spanish are both Latin derivatives. Yes I did know. I am quite familiar with their respective colonization’s. San Diego Ca. was claimed by Carrillo a Portuguese explorer. There is a large Portuguese population here, and as you have probably heard Hispanics as well. The Spanish were only slightly less brutal than the Portuguese in their colonization of the America's.
Thanks for the clue.

No worries, although I wasn't trying to inform you at all. I am sure that some of the English language, some French and Italian also has Latin derivatives, so what this has to do with the price of cheese is very important.
But I am not aware of the Brutality of the Portuguese in their colonizartion, as there is no sign of this in Macau, but I am sure the Brazilians won't hold it against Massa or Rubens for that matter.

Tazio
19th October 2007, 04:13
No worries, although I wasn't trying to inform you at all. I am sure that some of the English language, some French and Italian also has Latin derivatives, so what this has to do with the price of cheese is very important.
But I am not aware of the Brutality of the Portuguese in their colonizartion, as there is no sign of this in Macau, but I am sure the Brazilians won't hold it against Massa or Rubens for that matter. I was actually referencing Central America and the western South America.
The Spaniards drew a line as to how far they would pursue remote indigenous' geographically.
Specifically, how high up into remote mountainous jungles they would travel to bludgeon Catholicism into them.
The Portuguese labored under no such restrictions.
They meted out salvation all the way to the top, and every where in between.
"The Mission"(Robert De Niro) deals with this subject matter, with a substancial dose of theatrical license!

Peace Bro

Valve Bounce
19th October 2007, 04:34
I was actually referencing Central America and the western South America.
The Spaniards drew a line as to how far they would pursue remote indigenous' geographically.
Specifically, how high up into remote mountainous jungles they would travel to bludgeon Catholicism into them.
The Portuguese labored under no such restrictions.
They meted out salvation all the way to the top, and every where in between.
"The Mission"(Robert De Niro) deals with this subject matter, with a substancial dose of theatrical license!

Peace Bro

Sorry!! but I went to a Christian Brothers boarding school in Queensland, and these subjects were never discussed. All I got was the gat when I didn't know my Latin or Chemistry. :(
We were told, at the time, that the Spanish inquisition was a science project.

We did get taught that only Catholics went to heaven and everybody else didn't.

Rollo
19th October 2007, 04:46
If Redo Globo (the host boradcaster is anything to go by) they seem to have been pressing Lewis Hamilton all over their lead ins.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/ESP/Noticia/Motor/0,,MUL152772-1311,00-HAMILTON+APROVA+FEIJOADA+BRASILEIRA.html

Tazio
19th October 2007, 05:18
Sorry!! but I went to a Christian Brothers boarding school in Queensland, and these subjects were never discussed. All I got was the gat when I didn't know my Latin or Chemistry. :(
We were told, at the time, that the Spanish inquisition was a science project.

We did get taught that only Catholics went to heaven and everybody else didn't.
And I am product of Catholic education "Jesuiet"
Man I got some stories that would turn you white

pino
19th October 2007, 06:22
Please let's go back to F1 and keep history off here...thanks :)

Tazio
19th October 2007, 06:28
If Redo Globo (the host boradcaster is anything to go by) they seem to have been pressing Lewis Hamilton all over their lead ins.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/ESP/Noticia/Motor/0,,MUL152772-1311,00-HAMILTON+APROVA+FEIJOADA+BRASILEIRA.htmlFrom what I could translate the article was pedestrian, and generic. You know there isn't any big dinero dude's(like the F1 pilots) that don't have a blast in Sao Paoulo The guy is big news every where he goes. If he isn't careful he may become as popular as M. Schumacher. Then he would only be able to escape the media by hanging in "Rurral America" Better make that Urban America.

As for your signature
I will sugest you apply the logic of mine to it.
Obviously you haven't spent much time in rural America.
If you did you would realize that rural Americans live the same as rural Brits.
They work hard for low pay. There is however one distinct difference.
These Americans are all packing heat, a Hog leg, Mr. Saterday night persuation. Even a "Chicago Typewriter"

rohanweb
19th October 2007, 06:42

lol

leopard
19th October 2007, 07:25
He only said like Alonso is a "juiciest" driver :)

Valve Bounce
19th October 2007, 10:17
And I am product of Catholic education "Jesuit"
Man I got some stories that would turn you white

And I have some personal expreiences that would make you weep!!

Valve Bounce
19th October 2007, 10:23

Common pino, let's have some fun. There are enough threads about Hamilton and Alonso that would drive us to sleep. Let's have some levitude, please!! Common, you are Italian, let's have some stories!!

You know, when I was in Rome, the fashion of the teenagers was to wear a pair of jeans with the belt so low that it came around their bums.

Then there were these "gladiators around the Colliseum" old enough to be grandfathers and the tourists have to pay them to have their pics taken with them.

pino
19th October 2007, 10:49
Common pino, let's have some fun. There are enough threads about Hamilton and Alonso that would drive us to sleep. Let's have some levitude, please!! Common, you are Italian, let's have some stories!!

You know, when I was in Rome, the fashion of the teenagers was to wear a pair of jeans with the belt so low that it came around their bums.

Then there were these "gladiators around the Colliseum" old enough to be grandfathers and the tourists have to pay them to have their pics taken with them.

Valve, I love history more than you can ever imagine, however this is a F1 forum, and we are here to talk F1 racing only. Go to Chit-Chat and start an history thread there, if you want ;)

Back to F1 now

Tazio
20th October 2007, 04:36
Valve, I love history more than you can ever imagine, however this is a F1 forum, and we are here to talk F1 racing only. Go to Chit-Chat and start an history thread there, if you want ;)

Back to F1 now
Correct me if I'm wrong. Wasn’t the first running of the "Mille Miglia
won by Caligula in a 16hp turbo Chariot?