PDA

View Full Version : Help please?!

Drew
16th October 2007, 16:31
As some of you might know (or guessed) I'm a language student and luckily this means I get to stay abroad to study the language (women and alcohol :p :) .

Considering that certain people on this board seem to be extremely well travelled and of course we have many different people from many different nations, I'd like your help.

I have to choose where to study in Italy for Italian and Germany / Austria for German. Here are my options:

Italian:

-Milan "La Catollica University",
-Milan "IULM",
-Turin:
-Gorizia (and Udine)
-Bologna:
-Florence:
-Rome "Tor vergata"
-Cagliari

German:

Austria:

-Innsbruck
-Klagenfurt
-Vienna

Germany:

-Leipzig
-Heidelberg
-Tübingen
-Passau
-Mainz
-Jena
-Chemnitz

Can anybody give me advice and help? Cheers!

GridGirl
16th October 2007, 17:47
I can't really help you much as I've only been to two of the cities you've mentioned. Heidelburg is a nice small city, had a river and a stunning castle. I didn't see much of it as I was only there for the GP but the people were nice and friendly and the beer wasn't bad either. Milan, again I was there for the GP. I loved the shopping, football, and the food. :)

Camelopard
16th October 2007, 18:49
My pick of the German towns would be Leipzig or if possible Dresden.
Chemnitz is very industrial. Jena is small but with a large student population.
I didn't like Heidelberg for reasons I won't go into here!

Italy, I don't think you can loose whatever you choose, although I would think that Florence would be a lot more expensive than the others given it is such a major tourist attraction.
I personaly would choose Cagliari on Sardinia because it is very different to mainland Italy.
Can't really comment on the Austrian towns. Have fun deciding!

Daniel
16th October 2007, 23:10
I would be surprised if BDunnell hadn't perhaps visited a lot of those cities in Germany :)

airshifter
17th October 2007, 00:41
I would go to any of the places in Austria. I already know for sure that the women in either Italy or Germany will lead to nothing learned that will help your degree. :laugh:

J4MIE
17th October 2007, 01:22
I'd recommend Bologna in Italy, the most beautiful place I've visited there! :up:

pino
17th October 2007, 07:39
Nothing in the World beat Tuscany and Florence, so if you can afford, go to Florence ;)

Drew
23rd October 2007, 02:32
Unfortunetly I'm not so rich, so I have decided in my head: Mainz and Turin.

Anybody have any good reason why I should stay away? :p :

The most annoying thing about Turin is that I can't find the term times on the internet site anywhere!

pino
23rd October 2007, 07:11
Unfortunetly I'm not so rich, so I have decided in my head: Mainz and Turin.

Anybody have any good reason why I should stay away? :p :

The most annoying thing about Turin is that I can't find the term times on the internet site anywhere!

Don't be sad, Turin is a very beautifull and cultural city, with a lot of young people leaving there. Plus is home city for Juventus Footbal Club, that's only is worth to live there...you will love it ;)

Daniel
23rd October 2007, 09:21
Don't be sad, Turin is a very beautifull and cultural city, with a lot of young people leaving there. Plus is home city for Juventus Footbal Club, that's only is worth to live there...you will love it ;)
Plus I think some cars might be made there too ;)