PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Rally Japan - official thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rally Hokkaido
16th October 2007, 01:54
I'd like to start the thread on this season's third winter rally !(any cars drive on snow at Monte Carlo, this year?)
Yes, hopefully there won't be any stages blocked by snow, but there are already signs that there could be some affected by it.
On Friday night we had the first snowfall in the region when about 3cms fell on the higher parts of the leg 3 stages. Sipirikakim SS because of its altitude may also have received some snow.
Generally, temperatures are lower than normal at present, with Rikubetsu already down to -5 and Obihiro suburbs recording -1 last night.
Longrange forecast for next week is for generally fine and warmer temps than this week.
Weather forecasts for the area in English are available here: http://www.njwa.jp/eweather/

The route is largely unchanged from previous years with only half of one stage new and one more being run in reverse.

I expect (hope) Petter will surprise with some good times and a podium.
Tyre compounds are the key to Rally Japan's mix of long and short mostly soft stages. Though he won't have Pirelli's this year, he should benefit from being on the only team that sent a tyre engineer here last month to examine the stages before nominating their tyres for the event.

GigiGalliNo1
16th October 2007, 03:36
Are you telling me I will see snow again?!?!? :D

What should I bring to wear?! Eeek! Its sooo close I'll be there in less then 6days now! and less then 8 days in Hokkaido!

WRCfan
16th October 2007, 04:35
If only this rally had suitable amounts of hotels available for everyone would be great! Any hints on rally traffic around the stages? Does everyone do what they did at Moto GP, one person in each car making stupid traffic jams? haha
Matt get ready for it!!!!!

GigiGalliNo1
16th October 2007, 04:36
i'm "ready" :|

LoL!

Rally Hokkaido
16th October 2007, 05:11
Just replied to your PM, GigiGalli.
WRCFan, be extra careful if using the narrow, dusty liaison between SS2 & SS3 -
rally cars travelling in both directions and we've had some crashes involving rally cars in past years, there.
Everywhere else it's easy to get around, though there may be some traffic jams
in the town of Ashoro when coming back from Legs 1 & 2.

Tom206wrc
16th October 2007, 09:56
That would have been so interesting to see any S2000 cars among GrN on that gravel event... :mark:

Interesting, let's see what Emma Gilmour can do among the GrN male drivers :up:

GigiGalliNo1
16th October 2007, 14:16
don't forget photos from Rally Japan 2007 will be here:

http://MattJelonek.com

White Sauron
16th October 2007, 14:55
don't forget photos from Rally Japan 2007 will be here:

http://MattJelonek.com

Could you also take some photos of 2007 russian rally champion Evgeny Vertunov? Thanks in advance!)))

GigiGalliNo1
16th October 2007, 15:12
Ahh yes, what car number is he?

ZequeArgentina
16th October 2007, 16:04
Rally Japan will be very important for the Championship race, a win by Marcus will make very dificult for Seb to gain some 6 points in 2 rallies (marcs have an excellent consistency this year). Hirvenen pace will be very important for the same matter.

Another interesting thing to watch is PWRC. Arai will most probably win the championship.
Only possible contender is Pozzo, who still have more rallies to do.
Anyway, Pozzo has lost some speed in the least 2 years, lack of competition, or most probable motivation, could be the reasons. He is still good,but does not have the dessire someone like Haninen has now. Araiis someone I do respect a lot.

So lets see.

Hey Rally Hokkaido, What can you tell me of Ikemachi? Can we expect him to fight for the lead?
I know Taguchi and Katsuta will probably lead or be right there, but they do not take points from PWRC drivers, and Ikemachi does.

White Sauron
16th October 2007, 16:22
Ahh yes, what car number is he?

№53 (Evgeniy Vertunov/Georgy Troshkin), Subaru Impreza WRX STi.

Thanks! Will be greatly appreciated!

Another interesting thing to watch is PWRC. .

Don't forget about the new russian champion Vertunov! Without any experience he was running as high as 3rd in New Zealand. This time in Japan he wants to stay on podium ;)

ZequeArgentina
16th October 2007, 22:51
№53 (Evgeniy Vertunov/Georgy Troshkin),
Don't forget about the new russian champion Vertunov! Without any experience he was running as high as 3rd in New Zealand. This time in Japan he wants to stay on podium ;)

Yeah, I am well aware of him. If you followed NZ thread, you will see my coments on him.
I think Japan will be more difficult for running on the first time than NZ.

Tom206wrc
16th October 2007, 23:32
Am I dreaming or have I well read it could snow in Hokkaido ???? :confused:

A third snow rally in the 2007 WRC ??? :p :

Rally Hokkaido
17th October 2007, 00:11
OK, I'll try to answer everyone's questions:
Re PCWRC:
Aside from Toshi , this will be a very hard one to pick. As Zeque says, experience on the fast, narrow stages here is essential. Therefoe I would think Nuta and Kamada will be up there, with Pozzo also a good chance for a podium. I think the young guns like Vertunov and Hanninen will have take care that the Hokkaido bears don't get them.
Re GpN: I'm looking forward to seeing how Richard Mason goes up here. He comes with a big reputation (why is he seeded behind Emma?). Add him, Katsuta and Katsu to the above PWRC guys and it should be a real battle.

What are your predictions, ProRally?

AFAIK, Ikemachi is a gentleman driver who has taken over the Syms entry for RJ and is using an Arai Motorsport car.

It's raining here today, which probably means sleet or snow in the mountains.
Current forecast for next week is mostly fine and warmer than this week. Maybe too early to predict if Matt will be able to take some snow rally photos for you, Tom!

ZequeArgentina
17th October 2007, 01:49
Thanks RallyHokk.

So Ikemachi is not a threath.

I still thinks Haninen will do well, he will surprise you.

Haninen suprprise dme, when I watch him live, in one of the most difficults stages in Argentina, first pass in the fog, he was very fast, found sudden mud, spin, but not lost tiem. Second pass he was again very fast, while Arai and Villagra were fighting the lead of PWR, and he was right there, really very fast!!

WRCfan
17th October 2007, 10:06
Just replied to your PM, GigiGalli.
WRCFan, be extra careful if using the narrow, dusty liaison between SS2 & SS3 -
rally cars travelling in both directions and we've had some crashes involving rally cars in past years, there.
Everywhere else it's easy to get around, though there may be some traffic jams
in the town of Ashoro when coming back from Legs 1 & 2.

Cheers for the heads up buddy!!

I was planning on using the piece of road, will either rethink, or find a sneaky way to go about it! haha.

Either way somehow we will work something out. Going to be an interesting event, our virgin experience of Hokkaido although lived in Tokyo for 1.5 years now. Got to give Matt a real experience too, by the way can I pre-order 3 bears please...haha. One way to control the marshall's!

GigiGalliNo1
17th October 2007, 10:07
waaaaaat?!?!?!?!?!?!? :p

ProRally
17th October 2007, 13:18
....What are your predictions, ProRally?

Hi Rally Hokkaido...
Yes me too I think Toshi will be hard to beat, although he has like always LOT of pressure on him during Rally Japan with all the 'satshos' of Subaru there and with wrc car not able to follow at least they expect Toshi to win PWRC and take the title. It is easy said but lot of pressure for Arai san.
Then Nutara san will be at his home rally and with lot of bad luck in both the Japanese series and PWRC he will fight for the win.
Taguchi san will be upthere too.
Then the rest, in PWRC interesting to see how the regulars will do specially those who have been to Rally Japan before, Hanninen is fast but he had some mistakes recently (if he does not have mistake he gets excluded, so bad luck for him there), but he is used to do narrow stages.
Also good to see Richard Mason and Emma Gilmore in group N but here it will depend which tyres they will use, to be at the front end you will need the 'good' BFGoodridges or the 'good' Yokohama's

Would be strange to see snow on the stages, but I expect there will be, specially on the higher stages.

pantealex
17th October 2007, 15:22
Only possible contender is Pozzo, who still have more rallies to do.

Higgins has also 3 events left and He is 3 points ahead of Pozzo (15-12)

Lalo
17th October 2007, 15:44
It's gonna be very interesting this year with the title fight so tight..

If Marcus can win here, it's gonna make him almost the champion this year, as Zeque said before. 6 points in two rallyes between two very consistant drivers.. What a fight!

Is Munchi's gonna be in Hokkaido this year? In 2006 Perez Companc was doing very good (just outside of the top 8 until he crashed). Villagra has already been here for the PWRC.

This is getting better and better with every rally :D

GigiGalliNo1
17th October 2007, 16:54
I can;t wait........ my ticket in my hand!!! :D

ProRally
17th October 2007, 18:38
I can;t wait........ my ticket in my hand!!! :D

For your information, there is a good Italian restaurant in front of Paco hotel near the trainstation (but on other side of the HQ)

In 2004 was funny as the first year of WRC and Peugeot and some others went there and cleaned the restaurant out (no more food left), in 2005 and 2006 they where prepared

ZequeArgentina
17th October 2007, 21:52
Is Munchi's gonna be in Hokkaido this year? In 2006 Perez Companc was doing very good (just outside of the top 8 until he crashed). Villagra has already been here for the PWRC.

Lalo, both Munchi´s crew are travelling to Japan today. It is true Japan was the rally where Perez Companc was most close to other works drivers.

Regarding Villagra I do not knowwhen will he decide to change his aproach (just finish and gain performance, not considering an increase in the speed).
He only showed something in Catalunya in the stage where the shakedown was made (I guess it was SS14), where he was much closer to reasonable times.

duff
18th October 2007, 03:16
Hopefully it will be an interesting event, and like every other event at the moment it will be very important for the WRC drivers championship.

Marcus HAS to win it or the title will be very difficult. It would be nice to see Petter, Atko and Mikko up there for this one too.

Marcus definitely had the speed over Loeb last year... but yes he made two mistakes and lost the rally.

Heres hoping for a New Zealand type battle again.

GigiGalliNo1
18th October 2007, 03:48
For your information, there is a good Italian restaurant in front of Paco hotel near the trainstation (but on other side of the HQ)

In 2004 was funny as the first year of WRC and Peugeot and some others went there and cleaned the restaurant out (no more food left), in 2005 and 2006 they where prepared

Haha making me hungry! Might have to check it out! Thanks! :D

GigiGalliNo1
18th October 2007, 03:52
oh!! if only gigi was in japan! well he's leaving tokyo two hours before i fly in! but he's not doing recce as the stages next year are moving to a new location :(

Maui J.
18th October 2007, 04:23
oh!! if only gigi was in japan! well he's leaving tokyo two hours before i fly in! but he's not doing recce as the stages next year are moving to a new location :(

What was Gigi doing in Japan? Taking to Suzuki?

Any pics of Mason and Emma if you can would be great.
Have fun at the Rally.

GigiGalliNo1
18th October 2007, 04:26
He's there this weekend, someone invited him for a party or some such, and leaving on the 22nd, two hours before I fly in :( I asked about Suzuki but cannot confirm anything. Also he invited me to Monte Carlo in January... perhaps that was a hint that he has a drive for next year? :s (not saying its Suzuki either)

WRCfan
18th October 2007, 05:06
Give him a call would be awesome to get in touch with him in Tokyo if possible. Im in Tokyo all weekend around and about.

Give him a call for me Matt!!! and i will cook you raw horse with plum leaf rice for dinner Monday night!!! :D

GigiGalliNo1
18th October 2007, 05:08
rofls

GigiGalliNo1
18th October 2007, 05:09
jump on skype i'm at work

Micke_VOC
18th October 2007, 15:10
Its gonne be the first apperance for the new Group-N Mitsu. EVO X in Japan.

0-Cars its Mitsu X.

Langdale Forest
18th October 2007, 20:31
I think Gronholm will win the rally but with Loeb winning it last year it will be very intresting.

MikeD
18th October 2007, 21:14
Marcus HAS to win it or the title will be very difficult. It would be nice to see Petter, Atko and Mikko up there for this one too.

It's Loeb who has to win it, otherwise he will be 6 points behind with two rallies left. Loeb will have a very hard time in rally GB, so to win the championship he has to win in Japan plus in Ireland as I see it.

Zes
19th October 2007, 06:48
It's Loeb who has to win it, otherwise he will be 6 points behind with two rallies left. Loeb will have a very hard time in rally GB, so to win the championship he has to win in Japan plus in Ireland as I see it.

In my opinion Loeb has better chances to win GB than Japan. In 2005 and 2006 Marcus was clearly faster in Japan. Without his two spins, he would have won the event last year. Loeb has done good job in GB, although he hasn't won there yet. Two years ago he would have won there, unless Markko's accident. Of course Seb didn't drive in GB last year, so maybe this reduces his chances a bit, but anyway I think GB roads suits him better than Japanese roads.

However I am afraid that Ireland will be the place where the battle for championship ends. It's a new and difficult rally. Anything can happen there...

Magnus
19th October 2007, 07:14
This is a pseudo discussion, but isn´t Japan a slower rally than GB? Hence Loeb should have the advantage in Japan, or at least be in a better position to win.

Then on the other hand we have the psychological pressure...even though they are both very experienced, it ought to show in some way. I hope for a flat out battle to the end without mishaps and mech. errors!

MikeD
19th October 2007, 08:44
In my opinion Loeb has better chances to win GB than Japan. In 2005 and 2006 Marcus was clearly faster in Japan. Without his two spins, he would have won the event last year. Loeb has done good job in GB, although he hasn't won there yet. Two years ago he would have won there, unless Markko's accident. Of course Seb didn't drive in GB last year, so maybe this reduces his chances a bit, but anyway I think GB roads suits him better than Japanese roads.

Those are good points. Maybe you're right.

However I am afraid that Ireland will be the place where the battle for championship ends. It's a new and difficult rally. Anything can happen there...

I agree. I also have the feeling that Ireland will be crucial. I am looking very much forward to that rally. A new type of rally with loads of WRC cars....

Glee
19th October 2007, 09:31
Rally Japan is maybe the only rally where Petter did have a fair chance of winning in the last years. He was leading Japan 2005 by a fair margin before the penultimate stage (where he did hit “The Stone&#8221 ;) .

Maybe Petter could shine once more in Japan?

Micke_VOC
19th October 2007, 11:06
Grönholm First and Solberg second, had been great...

JaysonM
19th October 2007, 11:07
Should I put on somethign for the North Pole?

GigiGalliNo1
19th October 2007, 11:08
huh?

hey i want it to snow during the rally! :D

GigiGalliNo1
19th October 2007, 12:54
weather update?

Rally Hokkaido
19th October 2007, 16:06
No snow for recce!
It's looking warmer for early next week compared to what we've had this week.
Raining tomorrow :-(

GigiGalliNo1
20th October 2007, 03:47
ok so dont really have to pack a lot of warm clothes? might buy some bear repellant! :p

WRCfan
20th October 2007, 04:02
Bring some warm clothes anyway. And dont forget your pink tutu which you are gonna be wearing out on the stages. It's part of the foreigners tour package.

I have images of this.....
http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/1967/aceventura04wn7.th.jpg (http://img484.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aceventura04wn7.jpg)

GigiGalliNo1
20th October 2007, 04:05
bahahahahahahahahahahaha

duff
20th October 2007, 08:31

Maybe its just my bias coming through...

GigiGalliNo1
21st October 2007, 13:20
few hours untill i fly out to japan!

Magnus
21st October 2007, 14:43
I am yeallous... Hope you´ll have a great time!

White Sauron
21st October 2007, 22:08
few hours untill i fly out to japan!

Have a nice flight!)))

To all on Japan stages: please, post there Vertunov (# 53) photos if you take them)) Thanks in advance!

GigiGalliNo1
22nd October 2007, 00:30
haha i'm just half way to japan now, in singapore

and board, found some internet and thought to say hello! japan here i come! well have to wait to hours till my flight :| :p

Magnus
22nd October 2007, 10:08
The Airbus 380 will make it´s first commercial flight from Singapore in a few days... But I guess that is not related to rallying at all...

GigiGalliNo1
22nd October 2007, 13:58
in japan now! heading to hokkaido in a few days.. :)

A.F.F.
22nd October 2007, 22:01
Is this an official rally Japan thread or Matt's on private travel log? ;)

WRCfan
22nd October 2007, 23:43
Both haha, im heading for work although sleeping beauty (Matt) is still in the land of fairies and gnomes.

Rally Japan is coming sooooooon.

Gonna be a good trip!

GigiGalliNo1
23rd October 2007, 05:08
Its a nice day today, cannot wait to fly out to Hokkaido! These are my plans for the day....

hahahahaha :p

Roy
23rd October 2007, 09:25
What can we expect here from Bosse and Loeb? A battle like in New Zealand is good possible. Like last year where they very close and drive to another dimension. Drivers and teambosses are very suprising by their speed.

Overview last year.
http://www.wrc.com/page/Overview/0,,10111~200611,00.html

This years rally Japan promised be even dramatic, fast and special.
In this rally hirvonen can be special role. maybe he can do what Sordo did in Spain. Finising in frontof Loeb, and behind Gronholm ofcourse ;)

We saw (some saw) a dramatic end of F1 season 2007 and I h've heard this year is not over yet. Well Rally is no 'green table contest' We can watch another 3 thrilling rallies. Wow what a year. What say some of us in the begin of this year? Boring? No action? Less competition?

I can't wait until the rally start. :bounce:

Tom206wrc
23rd October 2007, 09:34
I can't wait until the rally start. :bounce:

Neither I :bounce:

bennizw
23rd October 2007, 10:51
What is the time difference to Japan in GMT?

anncath
23rd October 2007, 11:13
What is the time difference to Japan in GMT?

GMT +9

Rally Hokkaido
23rd October 2007, 15:12
Have a nice flight!)))

To all on Japan stages: please, post there Vertunov (# 53) photos if you take them)) Thanks in advance!

Hi White Sauron,
This is the onluy photo of #53 I could manage in the service park yesterday - Most PCWRC teams were out testing.
Tonight at the Welcome Party I spoke to the Deputy Clerk of Course who is Russian. He said he will introduce me to Vertunov.

Weather update:
Mainly fine & warm days, but cold nights for rally week.
There is a chance of some rain (snow in the higher places) on Leg 1.

Mauri A
23rd October 2007, 15:20
[quote="Rally Hokkaido"]Hi White Sauron,
This is the onluy photo of #53 I could manage in the service park yesterday - Most PCWRC teams were out testing.
Tonight at the Welcome Party I spoke to the Deputy Clerk of Course who is Russian.

Really?
Do you know his name.

xavier
23rd October 2007, 16:01
.... Suite à la demi-finale de Coupe du monde de rugby gagnée par l'Angleterre face à la France, BFGoodrich proposera des pneus ovales aux équipes britanniques Ford et Subaru et les voitures françaises disposeront de pneus ronds !

Communiqué de Presse
BFGoodrich

Apprently BFGoodrich will help Loeb this weekend:-)... in English:

... After the semi final of the Rugby world cup won by England against France, BFGoodrich will give Oval tires to british teams Ford and Subaru, while the french car will have round tires.

Brother John
23rd October 2007, 16:08

... After the semi final of the Rugby world cup won by England against France, BFGoodrich will give Oval tires to british teams Ford and Subaru, while the french car will have round tires.

Here is the proof that Loeb had always special tires from Michelin. :rolleyes:
Next year Loeb has to proof that he is the best driver. :D

White Sauron
23rd October 2007, 16:36
Hi White Sauron,
Tonight at the Welcome Party I spoke to the Deputy Clerk of Course who is Russian. He said he will introduce me to Vertunov.

Weather update:
Mainly fine & warm days, but cold nights for rally week.
There is a chance of some rain (snow in the higher places) on Leg 1.

Great! Thanks! But could you send me this picture in bigger resolution? [email:1pa1pf4s]prorokk@mail.ru[/email:1pa1pf4s]. Thanks)
And yeah, what's the name of this Clerk? Russian in Japan? Wow...

jonkka
23rd October 2007, 20:21
Deputy Clerk of Course Mr Dmitry KRIVTSOV (speaks Russian, English and Japanese). Also interesting face amongst rally officials is senior advisor Connelly. Mr. Garry Connelly.

Rally Hokkaido
23rd October 2007, 23:13
[quote="Rally Hokkaido":2te2bufj]Hi White Sauron,
Tonight at the Welcome Party I spoke to the Deputy Clerk of Course who is Russian.

Really?
Do you know his name.[/quote:2te2bufj]

Dmitry Krivstov

Brother John
24th October 2007, 09:50
Even in a special horses race in Japan, Stohl were last.... :p
http://www.wrc.com/page/News/BreakingNewsDetail/0,,10111~1150510,00.html

c4
24th October 2007, 13:19
Any sign of Mark Higgins as has broken collar bone and may not start thus outside chance of winning PWRC title gone.

ZequeArgentina
24th October 2007, 14:07

Luckily Pozzo is using Pirelli tyres, if not imagin what the French would give to an Argentinean (giving the 2 defeats th "pumas" provided the "bleus"...........)

xavier
24th October 2007, 16:12
Luckily Pozzo is using Pirelli tyres, if not imagin what the French would give to an Argentinean (giving the 2 defeats th "pumas" provided the "bleus"...........)

Square Tires!

euskalteam
24th October 2007, 21:31
When starts the shakedown?

Roy
24th October 2007, 22:06
When starts the shakedown?

Thursday 25 October
0800 - 1000hrs Shakedown for P1 and P2 drivers
1000 - 1200hrs Shakedown for P3 drivers; optional for P1 and P2

Japan time +9 GMT, so... 01.00 CET stert of Shakdown

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=248

bf1_IRL
24th October 2007, 22:17
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=622
/EDIT/ Focus Champion got to it before me :)

euskalteam
24th October 2007, 22:20
Thank Focus and bf1_IRL.

Seems that the weekend will be raining...

Rally Hokkaido
25th October 2007, 00:00
Latest weather report is fine & sunny for Legs 1&2, cloudy for leg 3 and rain staying away until Monday!

WRCfan
25th October 2007, 01:55
Awesome news about the rain staying away until Monday!

I went to Moto GP this year = it rained
I went to Formula One this year = it rained (dont know why I bothered with that crap anyway)
Im going to WRC this weekend and if it is damn well raining there is gonna be one angry Kiwi!!!

Minke
25th October 2007, 03:57
Any shakedown times available yet?

GigiGalliNo1
25th October 2007, 05:38
just at the media conferance toshi and pozzo are being asked questions

GigiGalliNo1
25th October 2007, 05:51
photo of loeb just 5 mins ago... sorry for the delay haha

Koppomsbo
25th October 2007, 08:06
Still no times from SD?

According to Patrik Flodins homepage top three of PWRC is

1. Nutahara
2. Flodin
3. Hanninen

Zes
25th October 2007, 08:10
Latest weather report is fine & sunny for Legs 1&2, cloudy for leg 3 and rain staying away until Monday!

Oh no... Marcus said he is hoping for a rain, because Ford has chosen tyres for rain. He is afraid if it is dry, he won't have enough tyres.

Obviously Citroen has only tyres for a dry weather...

Magnus
25th October 2007, 08:16
Oh no... will this be another loss due to rain/not rain... Don´t they have a meterologist at Ford?

Sturla
25th October 2007, 08:17
1 Solberg.P Norge Subaru Impreza 2.24.4
2 Atkinson Australia Subaru Impreza 2.25.5
3 Sordo Spania Citroën C4 2.25.6
4 Loeb Frankrike Citroën C4 2.27.2
5 Grönholm Finland Ford Focus 07 2.27.4
6 Stohl Østerrike Citroën Xsara 2.27.9
6 Villagra Argentina Ford Focus 06 2.27.9
8 Solberg.H Norge Ford Focus 06 2.28.0
9 Hirvonen Finland Ford Focus 07 2.28.6
10 Latvala Finland Ford Focus 06 2.28.8
11 Pons Spania Subaru Impreza 2.29.3
12 Wilson Storbritania Ford Focus06 2.29.5
13 Companc Argentina Ford Focus 06 2.30.3

Koppomsbo
25th October 2007, 08:44
wow, way to go Subaru :up:

White Sauron
25th October 2007, 08:52
Oh no... Marcus said he is hoping for a rain, because Ford has chosen tyres for rain. He is afraid if it is dry, he won't have enough tyres.

Obviously Citroen has only tyres for a dry weather...

The same was told about Citroen in Corsica. I don't believe such rumours.

Magnus
25th October 2007, 08:56
Is it that Subaru, on the marks homesoil, finally gets the setup right?

White Sauron
25th October 2007, 09:04

Just a shakedown. means nothing. Yeah, they will probably lead after the first section in favourable road conditions, but on the 2nd pass they'll fall behind as usual.

DonJippo
25th October 2007, 09:10
Oh no... will this be another loss due to rain/not rain... Don´t they have a meterologist at Ford?

Tyres had to be designated 13.09. which meteorologist gives such a long accurate predictions?

Roy
25th October 2007, 09:31
Ford 's tyre choise:

BP-Ford will use BFGoodrich's g-Force gravel tyre for the low-wear loose surface roads. The pattern is relatively compact to ensure a maximum amount of rubber is in contact with the ground for the best possible grip and traction. The grooves can be hand cut to open them if there is a lot of loose gravel on the road surface or if the tracks become muddy. The tyres will be available in soft and medium compounds.

Source: Ford/MGR.fi

Xeroid
25th October 2007, 09:35
Any cameras around the service park or special stages ?
Even a bit of 'remote' action is good.

White Sauron
25th October 2007, 09:38
Ford 's tyre choise:

BP-Ford will use BFGoodrich's g-Force gravel tyre for the low-wear loose surface roads. The pattern is relatively compact to ensure a maximum amount of rubber is in contact with the ground for the best possible grip and traction. The grooves can be hand cut to open them if there is a lot of loose gravel on the road surface or if the tracks become muddy. The tyres will be available in soft and medium compounds.

Source: Ford/MGR.fi

quite an appropriate choice I suppose, no worries.

GigiGalliNo1
25th October 2007, 09:43
ahh hello all! rally show and podium show is on soon.. :) service park is great ad think it will be packed tomorrow!! SS2-3-4 maybe 5 6-7 & 8 i'm heading out to and the two SSS's :)

Roy
25th October 2007, 09:54
Startlist Leg 1:

http://planning-for.sakura.ne.jp/2007_startlist/Leg1StartList.pdf

euskalteam
25th October 2007, 10:38

Of course, they were testing 60 Kms. of my house ;) , some pictures

http://www.freewebtown.com/jonyloi/arga ... index.html (http://www.freewebtown.com/jonyloi/argazkiak'07/TestSubaru/index.html)

AGA
25th October 2007, 11:21
Top-5 shakedown times (According to official site)

1. Atkinson
2. Sordo
3. P.Solberg
4. Loeb
5. Gronholm

pentti
25th October 2007, 11:23
Next year Loeb has to proof that he is the best driver. :D Actually this is serious issue. It is very difficult to make all tyre sidewalls identical. That's the reason(and tyre pressure) you hear so often drivers in racing complaining havin bad set of tyres. The golden rule in Nascar is, newer complain Goodyear tires(drivers do not even say,they had a puncture.Better world is we had a cut tyre!)because next race they get wrong side wall tires.
Is there some super specials, because Eurosport is showing every day some live one hour programes?

Subarulover
25th October 2007, 11:37
the live wrc video coverage for Japan is cancelled since today and the live coverage in eurosport too why?

Simmi
25th October 2007, 12:37
The official site is making out Petter was fastest from Sordo and then Loeb. So I wonder who was actually fastest?

Fischer
25th October 2007, 12:46
Shakedown is nothing more than a slight indication, Loeb will win again be sure.

Brother John
25th October 2007, 12:50
Originally Posted by Brother John http://paradise.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/aria/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://paradise.motorsportforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=374090#post374090)

Actually this is serious issue. It is very difficult to make all tyre sidewalls identical. That's the reason(and tyre pressure) you hear so often drivers in racing complaining havin bad set of tyres. The golden rule in Nascar is, newer complain Goodyear tires(drivers do not even say,they had a puncture.Better world is we had a cut tyre!)because next race they get wrong side wall tires.
Is there some super specials, because Eurosport is showing every day some live one hour programes?

Thanks Pentti, at last someone who is informed nevertheless of surreptitious matter....Nobody reacted here if I say something like that because they do not realise how it is in big business. For this reason large company´s become always larger and richer, people believe nothing and want be deceived. :s mokin:

Magnus
25th October 2007, 13:08
To those who keeps reminding, as I do myself from time to time, that the results only was from the SD and means nothing: I know, but I will keep commenting upon it, since it is always something to chit chat abt, and i will also, from time to time, add a remark like "ah...it´s just the shakedown, som it doesn´t matter", but most of the time I will disregard it. I know, everybody knows, but since it is one of our biggest interests; why not comment upon it?

DJ: Didn´t remember it was decided that long time in advance. But on the other hand one always feel a little stupid when you present the facts; i keep wondering how you know it all. You also tend to have that icy Räikkönen-style tone that sends chills down my spine and makes me feel even more stupid and ignorant. bah... But I´ll guess I´ll keep on posting stupid remarks abt ralling anyways now and then; ignorance will stand tall! Nice weekend to ya all! :)

AGA
25th October 2007, 13:19
The official site
Don'y you mean wrc.com?

Please, take a look on this document http://www.rallyjapan.jp/e/2007flash/RJ07_E_DayReport25Oct.pdf

But anyway shakedown - is only practice run, not competiotion

White Sauron
25th October 2007, 13:24
Don'y you mean wrc.com?

Please, take a look on this document http://www.rallyjapan.jp/e/2007flash/RJ07_E_DayReport25Oct.pdf

You don't understand anything, stupid moskovan!

AGA
25th October 2007, 13:30
You don't understand anything, stupid moskovan!
Could you read official report?

White Sauron
25th October 2007, 13:35
Could you read official report?

I can't read anything you're writing in your crazy moscow-english style.

c4
25th October 2007, 13:38
I see Mark Higgins will make the start but may retire shortly after if in pain.

A.F.F.
25th October 2007, 14:11
Shakedown is nothing more than a slight indication, Loeb will win again be sure.

Funny that some can be so sure. :rolleys:

Roy
25th October 2007, 14:34
Originally Posted by Brother John http://paradise.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/aria/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://paradise.motorsportforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=374090#post374090)

Thanks Pentti, at last someone who is informed nevertheless of surreptitious matter....Nobody reacted here if I say something like that because they do not realise how it is in big business. For this reason large company´s become always larger and richer, people believe nothing and want be deceived. :s mokin:

Tyres are never the same. The right front tyre of Loebs car is not the same of the left back tyre for example. All tyres made by BF-Goodrich is given to FIA and they selected the tyres for the teams. Everybody has a chance of good and bad tyres. It is the team's work to choose the rigth sort of tyre in rally and stage.

Roy
25th October 2007, 14:36
I can't read anything you're writing in your crazy moscow-english style.

That sound not nice. Go back to him and give a hand :D

DonJippo
25th October 2007, 14:37
All tyres made by BF-Goodrich is given to FIA and they selected the tyres for the teams.

Would like to see something solid that proofs this to be the case.

Rally Hokkaido
25th October 2007, 14:49
Good evening from Rally Japan,
As usual there was a huge crowd at the ceremonial start and they gave crews a very warm send off, even though the temperature was about 5 degrees!

Here are some pix from today's shakedown.
1/ I think, Seb and Villagra
2/ Seb (it seemed that both C4's had a lot of runs)
3/ Henning (kissing the fence) v's Villagra

As you can see it was held at the SSS so today's times certainly have no relevance, unless you want to know who is the fastest kart driver in WRC!

White Sauron
25th October 2007, 14:49
That sound not nice. Go back to him and give a hand :D

Ok, sorry, mate)) Just don't like russians.. Oh, damn, I'm russian..((

Rally Hokkaido
25th October 2007, 14:50
next photo

Roy
25th October 2007, 14:50

During the rally the tyre makers don't give the tyres direct to the teams. They are not sealed from factory with cards on it with Loeb, Sordo, Gronholm, etc. So it is nonsese to think BF-Goodrich can make better tyres for one team than other teams.

pentti
25th October 2007, 14:51
I also am interested to know that FIA select tyres. Not seen that in service areas. But I might be wrong.

Rally Hokkaido
25th October 2007, 14:51
another one

pentti
25th October 2007, 14:59
During the rally the tyre makers don't give the tyres direct to the teams. They are not sealed from factory with cards on it with Loeb, Sordo, Gronholm, etc. So it is nonsese to think BF-Goodrich can make better tyres for one team than other teams.I am so sorry. Who would even think that french tyre company would favour french driver and french car. But the fact is that not all tyre's sidewalls are the same. Thanks for this info that it's FIA is choosing tyres. And ofcourse we can trust FIA!

Rally Hokkaido
25th October 2007, 15:03
Regarding tyre choice for Leg 1, quite a few crews (incl. the team I am assisting) will use mud tyres on their first pass. There's little chance of rain but, with temperature in Rikubetsu at 6am tomorrow expected to be -4, there will be frost on the ground, which will melt and add more moisture to the already soft surface on SS2 & SS3. SS1 has a harder base, but also has a thick gravel layer. The last stage of the loop is the short spectator stage at the Rikubetsu buggy course. Part of it has a clay base which will be slippery early in the morning.

Brother John
25th October 2007, 15:18
Tyres are never the same. The right front tyre of Loebs car is not the same of the left back tyre for example. All tyres made by BF-Goodrich is given to FIA and they selected the tyres for the teams. Everybody has a chance of good and bad tyres. It is the team's work to choose the rigth sort of tyre in rally and stage.

And you believe and trust the F.I.A. :rolleyes:

Roy
25th October 2007, 15:28
And you believe and trust the F.I.A. :rolleyes:

You not, but thats your problem.

Roy
25th October 2007, 15:47
Fight between P. Solberg and Sordo is allready started.
http://www.planning-for.sakura.ne.jp/wrc/photo/2007/2007_060.jpg

Brother John
25th October 2007, 15:48
You not, but thats your problem.

I have now problem at all but have some inside information that i can not tell here! :D

GigiGalliNo1
25th October 2007, 15:52
hey!! early start tomorrow 5am to the SS2 and 3 :D

Also listen out on WRR as I'll be interviewing some drivers and be on the radio haha hope i do well LoL!! :p

anyways, have to wake up in 5 hours!!! speak soon! photos will be up tomorrow!

Rally Hokkaido nice to meet you and see you again some time this wkend!

dyfi1
25th October 2007, 16:32
Ok, sorry, mate)) Just don't like russians.. Oh, damn, I'm russian..((

Minun myös vastenmielisyys Venäjälainen..... mutta, for you I make an exception.... you speak the mother tongue of rallying, Finnish! :D :up:

Mauri A
25th October 2007, 16:45
Deputy Clerk of Course Mr Dmitry KRIVTSOV (speaks Russian, English and Japanese). Also interesting face amongst rally officials is senior advisor Connelly. Mr. Garry Connelly.
Does anybody know this Russian fellow. Deputy Clerk of the Course? His credentials in WRC organizing?

White Sauron
25th October 2007, 17:18
Does anybody know this Russian fellow. Deputy Clerk of the Course? His credentials in WRC organizing?

I know his LiveJournal blog's adress)) Ask XsaraFan, he talked to him some time.

White Sauron
25th October 2007, 17:20
Minun myös vastenmielisyys Venäjälainen..... mutta, for you I make an exception.... you speak the mother tongue of rallying, Finnish! :D :up:

:up: Kippis! :beer:

DonJippo
25th October 2007, 17:38
During the rally the tyre makers don't give the tyres direct to the teams. They are not sealed from factory with cards on it with Loeb, Sordo, Gronholm, etc. So it is nonsese to think BF-Goodrich can make better tyres for one team than other teams.

This is what rules say:

3.11.6 Priority 1 and Priority 2 drivers when entered by a Manufacturer or Manufacturer Team

All Priority 1 drivers and Priority 2 drivers when entered by a Manufacturer or Manufacturer Team must provide the FIA with the list of bar codes,
dimensions and tread patterns of the tyres that may be used for each driver in accordance with the deadlines given in Appendix V.

a) A driver may not use a tyre that has been marked for another driver.
b) The FIA reserves the right to check at any time during the running of the rally that the tyres available are correctly marked and allocated to each driver.
c) Each tyre must have a specific bar code number.

Now the way I read this rule is that tyres have been marked and chosen before the event and that is done by tyre manufacturer together with Team. Otherwise I can't see how a Team could provide a list of tyres with needed information to FIA prior the event.

SubaruNorway
25th October 2007, 17:44
SS1 starts 00:33 Norway time right? GMT+2 summer time

Woodeye
25th October 2007, 18:01
Minun myös vastenmielisyys Venäjälainen.....

:laugh: Not quite, but almost right. :)

Interesting rally coming, too bad that I'll miss most of the friday, gotta sleep also you know... :(

Brother John
25th October 2007, 18:06
So....... it was special tyres for Loeb. ;)

This is what rules say:
3.11.6 Priority 1 and Priority 2 drivers when entered by a Manufacturer or Manufacturer Team

All Priority 1 drivers and Priority 2 drivers when entered by a Manufacturer or Manufacturer Team must provide the FIA with the list of bar codes,
dimensions and tread patterns of the tyres that may be used for each driver in accordance with the deadlines given in Appendix V.

a) A driver may not use a tyre that has been marked for another driver.
b) The FIA reserves the right to check at any time during the running of the rally that the tyres available are correctly marked and allocated to each driver.
c) Each tyre must have a specific bar code number.

Now the way I read this rule is that tyres have been marked and chosen before the event and that is done by tyre manufacturer together with Team. Otherwise I can't see how a Team could provide a list of tyres with needed information to FIA prior the event.

Roy
25th October 2007, 18:14
This is what rules say:

This doesn't say that a tyre manufacturer can choose tyres for a driver/team.
1) The team choose a sort of Tyre
2) The Tyre manufacturer take it to a rally.
3) Teams andtire brand sorted tyres out and label it. (what I have heard) under eyes of FIA or other rally official
4) The team can use the tyre with the right barcodes.

My point:
Some forummembers belief real in an option that a team can have advantage because the tyre manufacturer made better tyres. That is nonsense.
You must belief what you want, but I see now possibility how a tyre manufacturer can give a better tyre to one of the teams.

Brother John
25th October 2007, 18:32
This doesn't say that a tyre manufacturer can choose tyres for a driver/team.
1) The team choose a sort of Tyre
2) The Tyre manufacturer take it to a rally.
3) Teams andtire brand sorted tyres out and label it. (what I have heard) under eyes of FIA or other rally official
4) The team can use the tyre with the right barcodes.

My point:
Some forummembers belief real in an option that a team can have advantage because the tyre manufacturer made better tyres. That is nonsense.
You must belief what you want, but I see now possibility how a tyre manufacturer can give a better tyre to one of the teams.

Each tyre must have a specific bar code number.
Not a better tyre for the team but:
That barcode means LOEB. :rotflmao:
You don´t have to believe it but some people now better! :s mokin:

Mauri A
25th October 2007, 18:35
What about next year, who will get the better Pirellis, Italians, French or Finns?

A.F.F.
25th October 2007, 19:42
What about next year, who will get the better Pirellis, Italians, French or Finns?

Can't say but I heard there's a Pirelli tyre truck with big font on the side which says; ALEN exclusive :p :

SubaruNorway
25th October 2007, 20:37
Three hours to go http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=622

PatRedmond
25th October 2007, 20:40
Fight between P. Solberg and Sordo is allready started.
http://www.planning-for.sakura.ne.jp/wrc/photo/2007/2007_060.jpg

:D :D :D

nightracer
25th October 2007, 22:24
Anyone know if Mark Higgins will compete on the event?

The suggestion was that he may take the start and immediately retire.

bf1_IRL
25th October 2007, 22:31
hey!! early start tomorrow 5am to the SS2 and 3 :D

Also listen out on WRR as I'll be interviewing some drivers and be on the radio haha hope i do well LoL!! :p

Lucky B****** :D
Best of luck with it :)

Tomi
25th October 2007, 22:44

Do you mean "Lauttasaari Italians" ;)

Roy
25th October 2007, 22:45
Anyone know if Mark Higgins will compete on the event?
The suggestion was that he may take the start and immediately retire.
@ Night racer You can watch the PDF about Higgins.

...Please, take a look on this document http://www.rallyjapan.jp/e/2007flash/RJ07_E_DayReport25Oct.pdf

nightracer
25th October 2007, 22:50
@ Night racer You can watch the PDF about Higgins.

Thanks Focus, I read that. I was wondering was there any update - did he start this morning?

Thanks

J4MIE
25th October 2007, 23:00
30 minutes to go! :bounce:

White Sauron
25th October 2007, 23:04
In worst case this rally can define the champion... Not mathematically, but logically.

Roy
25th October 2007, 23:20
30 minutes to go! :bounce:

I am never been so exited about a rally! Lets start and lets hope it will be soon sunday. What a Champion triller these last rallies!

ZequeArgentina
25th October 2007, 23:28
calm down, first special is short, you will have to wait for SS2 and 3 where Rally Hok. told us about the improtance of tyres to see something worth.

J4MIE
25th October 2007, 23:32
Anyone have the link to splits? :p : I hate asking but I usually use the wrc masters site which has ben offline last few events :s

White Sauron
25th October 2007, 23:33
It's very loose on stages now(( Marcus might be in gib disadvantage

jonkka
25th October 2007, 23:34
I wonder where the picture on wrc.com article was taken?
http://www.wrc.com/page/News/BreakingNewsDetail/0,,10111~1152176,00.html

It's clearly Abu Dhabi cars so it must be current but so far only shakedown has been run and that wasn't two cars at a time, was it?

White Sauron
25th October 2007, 23:34
Anyone have the link to splits? :p : I hate asking but I usually use the wrc masters site which has ben offline last few events :s

http://www.nuclear.pri.ee/rally/index.php

harriswrc
25th October 2007, 23:35
Anyone have the link to splits? :p : I hate asking but I usually use the wrc masters site which has ben offline last few events :s http://www.zone.ee/wrcmasters/analyzer.php?rally=14&results=1

White Sauron
25th October 2007, 23:35
I wonder where the picture on wrc.com article was taken?
http://www.wrc.com/page/News/BreakingNewsDetail/0,,10111~1152176,00.html

It's clearly Abu Dhabi cars so it must be current but so far only shakedown has been run and that wasn't two cars at a time, was it?

It was. Look some photos above from our japanese friend.

N.O.T
25th October 2007, 23:39
Loeb faster by 0.9 on 1st split

jonkka
25th October 2007, 23:39
It was. Look some photos above from our japanese friend.

Really? That's something new then! Thanks WS...

N.O.T
25th October 2007, 23:42
Loeb 1.5 faster aster ss1.

Roy
25th October 2007, 23:43
Really? That's something new then! Thanks WS...

Last year they do the same. The shakedown in Japan is a farce. Only some rounds on the SSS. No logical terrain to setup the car.

jonkka
25th October 2007, 23:44
Explains why Gronholm was so slow on SD then :eek:

jonkka
25th October 2007, 23:45
Sordo very slooow?!

J4MIE
25th October 2007, 23:48
Atkinson quick in first split :up:

mdesign
25th October 2007, 23:51
Loeb gets a good start... yet, I hope gronholm wins this weekend

Roy
25th October 2007, 23:53
This is great! latvala fastest!

scooby girl
25th October 2007, 23:53
Latvala fastest

N.O.T
25th October 2007, 23:57
ébastien Loeb
Citroen "Very tricky conditions, alot of fog in the stage."

Daniel Sordo
Citroen "Very difficult in a lot of fog and I don't have confidence in the first kilometres."

Marcus Gronholm
Ford Commented that it is very difficult through the stage due to the fog

Mikko Hirvonen
Ford "Yes it is okay, but so difficult, so much fog and loose gravel. Marcus (Gronholm) is really clearing for me!"

Petter Solberg
Subaru "Not bad at all, but very difficult. I'm sure it is going to be tricky, it is going to be very fast."

Chris Atkinson
Subaru "Not perfect but okay, I changed the set-up through the stage a little. We'll just see, first time driving with this set-up"

Jari-Matti Latvala
Ford "It was a good start, we have a good advantage in our position on the road."

pentti
26th October 2007, 00:02
This is great! latvala fastest!I am not surprised. I bought those special fog classes for him!

jonkka
26th October 2007, 00:03
Also his road position is advantageous

Roy
26th October 2007, 00:04
I am not surprised. I bought those special fog classes for him!

I hope stay on the road now when he is driving well. It is sometimes difficult. Do you help him with that?

Roy
26th October 2007, 00:06
Higgins drive... slow

nightracer
26th October 2007, 00:10
Higgins drive... slow

It looks a really sad way for him to lose the PWRC championship.

jonkka
26th October 2007, 00:17
Marcus' first split on SS2... now we'll see a proper stage...

jonkka
26th October 2007, 00:19
Oooh, +3.5s for Loeb? :eek:

harriswrc
26th October 2007, 00:20
Marcus' first split on SS2... now we'll see a proper stage...
Seb +3,5

Finni
26th October 2007, 00:21
no splits after first one at least to Marcus.

mdesign
26th October 2007, 00:21
nice fist split from gronholm, lets see if he keeps it

harriswrc
26th October 2007, 00:22
Seems that Loeb has problems...

jonkka
+10,2s on second for Loeb... this demands an explanation!

N.O.T
Marcus 10 seconds faster than Loeb on second split....a spin or something worse for Loeb??

Roy
ohoh Loeb has a problem...

Finni
Loeb in big problems!

mdesign
26th October 2007, 00:23
10.3sec?!

euskalteam
26th October 2007, 00:23
Go Marcus Go!!!

N.O.T
26th October 2007, 00:24
+12 for Marcus...probably a small mistake by loeb

ZequeArgentina
26th October 2007, 00:25
Loeb with wrong tyres?!?!?!?1

jonkka
26th October 2007, 00:26
+12 for Marcus...probably a small mistake by loeb

Probably not as he lost consistently throughout the whole stage. Had it been a mistake (stall, spin etc), the time loss would have occurred on single spot and gap would have remained relatively stable.

The question is, what it is if not mistake, longest stage still to come so will he lose twice as much there?

Roy
26th October 2007, 00:27
Loeb with wrong tyres?!?!?!?1

No, BF Goodrich give him the best, ask Brother John.

jonkka
26th October 2007, 00:27
Atkinson very fast also (again)

mdesign
26th October 2007, 00:29
waiting to see what latvala can do in this one :)

DonJippo
26th October 2007, 00:30

Not anymore.

jonkka
26th October 2007, 00:30
Petter is so off the pace that it makes me want to cry...

Roy
26th October 2007, 00:31
In the midsector is a little bit dangerous see atko's time +32

ZequeArgentina

Not now.................32 secs down on split 2

mdesign
Atko lost so much... must have done one "atko usual things"

N.O.T
latvala equals marcus 1st split

jonkka
Not anymore.

Dang... that's a pity

euskalteam
26th October 2007, 00:32
Latvala same time as Marcus at first split

jacko
there must be a special corner between split 1 and 2.. Loeb, Solberg, Atkinson.. Interesting rally so far :)

Buzz Lightyear

opps!

nightracer
26th October 2007, 00:33
Go Jari go

jonkka
26th October 2007, 00:34
JML is set to keep the lead?! Wow...

euskalteam
26th October 2007, 00:34
Latvala is flying!!!!

mdesign
26th October 2007, 00:35
latvala faster than Gronholm, nice effort :) It's to early, and almost impossible, but I would love to see latvala taking points from loeb (we would know then who would be ford number two driver for 2008 lol)

jonkka
26th October 2007, 00:36
He must be really want the Ford 2nd driver slot for 2008?

Huufke
26th October 2007, 00:36
Again a very impressive time by Latvala! Still in the lead

euskalteam
26th October 2007, 00:38
Maybe he wants to be the first drive at Ford!!! hehe

nightracer
26th October 2007, 00:39
Marcus already on ss3

Halvis
Hi guys, nice start for Marcus/Ford fans, great from Bosse an JML - also a good time from Henning, bet he is very happy to be back on gravel!

Not so encouraging for Petter, though.

ZequeArgentina
PWRC is very interesting, differences in small SS1 are extremely narrow:
1. Flodin
2. Nutahara +0.7
3. Arai +1.4
4. Kamada +1.9
5. Rauam +2.3
6. Pozzo +2.7
7. Araujo +3.6
8. Vertunov +4.1
9. Kuzaj + 6.7
10. Hanninen +8.3

mdesign
26th October 2007, 00:40
now it's the big stage, will loeb pull something out of the sleeve? or lose another 10-20seconds :D

Addicted
26th October 2007, 00:41
Yep. Latvala is clearly better than Loeb. And there is only 25 stages left. Lets wait and see whos nerves are steel.

N.O.T
26th October 2007, 00:43
Loeb on the pace again....

nightracer
Loeb's turn to charge!

Roy
Loeb had a problem in SS2. Not the car. loeb now faster

Finni
26th October 2007, 00:44
no split to Marcus..

nightracer
Loeb first to split 3 - where's Marcus?

euskalteam
I hope an splits fail...... where's bosse!!!!

Halvis
No more splits for Marcus? Hopefully gps error..

DonJippo
26th October 2007, 00:45
Marcus on split 4

euskalteam
26th October 2007, 00:45
Bosse again at split #4

ZequeArgentina
26th October 2007, 00:46
may be he save tyres for the longest stage (but 12 seconds was a bit much, it seems, lets wait till end of SS3

J4MIE
26th October 2007, 00:48
Marcus on split 4

and Seb faster.... game on!! :up:

jonkka
26th October 2007, 00:52
A lot of splits missing

MartijnS
26th October 2007, 00:53
Loeb 4.4 seconds faster.

N.O.T
Loeb 4.4 faster than gronholm...

Halvis
JML and Henning shared fastest on split 1! Way to go!!

J4MIE
26th October 2007, 00:54
Seb took it easy due to ice :eek:

Radio read my email too :p :

jparker
26th October 2007, 00:55
WRR: SS2 ice, SS3 no ice

WRCfan
26th October 2007, 00:56
Ice !?!?!? wow it is cold in Hokkaido!
I will be needing my warm clothes for the trip then! On a plane in 4 hours to rally action!!!!
gutted I miss day one!

Addicted
26th October 2007, 00:57
Sordo lost lot of time after split 6

J4MIE
26th October 2007, 00:59
Yes WRCfan take plenty of warm clothes... although meant to be ok during the day, but it is still pretty early in Japan - 07:33 for SS1...

Next stage - SS4 RIKUBETSU 1 2.73km 9:29

jonkka
26th October 2007, 01:00
Henning will move up to 5th, ahead Petter & Sordo

jparker
26th October 2007, 01:00
Ice !?!?!? wow it is cold in Hokkaido!
I will be needing my warm clothes for the trip then! On a plane in 4 hours to rally action!!!!
gutted I miss day one!

Don't forget bottle of brandy ;)

jonkka
26th October 2007, 01:02
And Latvala keeps the lead?

jparker
26th October 2007, 01:02
Hirvonen lost almost 5 sec at the end?!!?!?

jonkka
26th October 2007, 01:05
Hirvonen lost almost 5 sec at the end?!!?!?

No, note that second to last split is between Mikko and Marcus (+2,8s) and final between them is +3,0s. Loeb doesn't have split 7 at all...

jonkka
26th October 2007, 01:06
Gronholm-Latvala-Hirvonen

jparker
26th October 2007, 01:07
No, note that second to last split is between Mikko and Marcus (+2,8s) and final between them is +3,0s. Loeb doesn't have split 7 at all...
Ops, my bad. Sorry

Addicted
26th October 2007, 01:08
And Latvala keeps the lead?

Good for him and for the rally.

Lets hope that this will be interesting rally all the way to the end.

jparker
26th October 2007, 01:13
Good for him and for the rally.

Lets hope that this will be interesting rally all the way to the end.

JML lost the lead at the end of SS3, but not by much. Marcus is the new leader.

WRCfan
26th October 2007, 01:17
Yes WRCfan take plenty of warm clothes... although meant to be ok during the day, but it is still pretty early in Japan - 07:33 for SS1...

Next stage - SS4 RIKUBETSU 1 2.73km 9:29

Yeah buddy living in Tokyo it's nice and warm here now. little overcast and drizzling although Hokkaido is feared 'cold wise' by even the hardest of Japanese people haha!

ZequeArgentina
26th October 2007, 01:25
Everything is looking good to Arai, Higins is strugling with his injury Pozzo lost a lot on long stage (over 24 seconds), and now Arai speeding and getting over Nutahara.
Lets wait for Flodin and Kamada

J4MIE
26th October 2007, 01:29
One question about spectating in Japan... why are there no spectators in some stages? Is it not allowed or just that they don't know that you can get in there?

White Sauron
26th October 2007, 01:34
Rollcage damaged for Marcus... Bad morning for him...

duff
26th October 2007, 01:34
AAAAAAAHHHHHH Marcus!!!!!!!

jonkka
26th October 2007, 01:35

That might be bad... I don't dare to vision the possibilities...

J4MIE
26th October 2007, 01:35

Can he continue???????? :eek:

White Sauron
26th October 2007, 01:38
Can he continue???????? :eek:

according to rules, if roll-cage is damaged - NO

jonkka
26th October 2007, 01:38
A minute? :eek:

MartijnS
26th October 2007, 01:39
He lost a minute at the stage :(

pantealex