PDA

View Full Version : Martinsville Cup Race Thread

Jonesi
16th October 2007, 00:40
Only 48 cars entered, a CoT race, last short track of year .

Top 35 - Aric Almirola #01.

Need for speed - Bill Elliott in #21 (has champion provisionals left), and no other changes for full time teams.

Part time - Sam Hornish Jr in #06.

electron
16th October 2007, 06:32
Martinsville has been a very good place for Hendrick lately. Gordon should also be very strong there.... can he do three in a row?
or is Jimmie to bounce back immidiately?
I stay tuned for this battle of buddies that puts F1s team-terror title decider to shame!

woody2goody
18th October 2007, 17:33
look for Juan Montoya to muscle his way through at Martinsville,
also Ryan Newman who will try to make amends for last week,
and Tony Stewart who seems to do well at Martinsville.
Shame JV and Franchitti aren't entered in the Cup race. They would have had a top 10 shot IMO.

Jonesi
19th October 2007, 23:25
Cup Grid
24 JEFF GORDON
1 MARTIN TRUEX JR
29 KEVIN HARVICK
48 JIMMIE JOHNSON
9 KASEY KAHNE
5 KYLE BUSCH
8 DALE EARNHARDT JR
18 J.J. YELEY
26 JAMIE McMURRAY
96 TONY RAINES
--
2 KURT BUSCH
12 RYAN NEWMAN
70 JOHNNY SAUTER
19 ELLIOTT SADLER
49 JOHN ANDRETTI
43 BOBBY LABONTE
22 DAVE BLANEY
31 JEFF BURTON
00 DAVID REUTIMANN
99 CARL EDWARDS
--
07 CLINT BOWYER
88 RICKY RUDD
25 CASEY MEARS
17 MATT KENSETH
84 AJ ALLMENDINGER
42 JUAN MONTOYA
01 ARIC ALMIROLA
41 REED SORENSON
55 MICHAEL WALTRIP
11 DENNY HAMLIN
--
66 JEFF GREEN
10 SCOTT RIGGS
44 DALE JARRETT
20 TONY STEWART
15 PAUL MENARD
4 WARD BURTON
16 GREG BIFFLE
40 DAVID STREMME
7 ROBBY GORDON
38 DAVID GILLILAND
--
6 DAVID RAGAN
45 KYLE PETTY
21 BILL ELLIOTT (uses Champ Prov)

DNQ
06 SAM HORNISH JR
78 JOE NEMECHEK
83 BRIAN VICKERS
36 JEREMY MAYFIELD
37 KEVIN LEPAGE

MD24
22nd October 2007, 05:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CBm_VugNYk

harvick#1
22nd October 2007, 14:43
hmmmmmm, thats sort of odd

muggle not
22nd October 2007, 14:47
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CBm_VugNYk
sorry md24, I didn't see your post when I started the topic on same.

Sparky1329
22nd October 2007, 16:04
Oh to be a fly on the wall at the Roush team meeting this morning. Eddie Haskell will be giving a command performance I'm sure. :D

muggle not
22nd October 2007, 16:24
Quote from Ed Hardin of the greensboro newspaper:

The further we get from those old days the harder it is to remember that Martinsville was once the best place to see a race and not a parade of cautions and laps.

Quote from Bill Elliott:

I've never raced so hard to get nowhere in all my life.

LOL, quote from me:

I loved it when Jr knocked Montoya out of the way to move into the lead at one point. I understand that JPM's crew was furious and they wanted JPM to run down JR and wreck him. Only problem was JPM couldn't catch Jr. http://www.racing-forums.com/vb/images/smilies/smile.gif

Only 3 times all day did a lead change actually occur "on the track". Thanks COT.

harvick#1
22nd October 2007, 17:23
Only 3 times all day did a lead change actually occur "on the track". Thanks COT.

I think its Goodyear, they bring a hard compound every wek because they don't know how to make a good racing tire

MD24
22nd October 2007, 17:23
sorry md24, I didn't see your post when I started the topic on same.

You did the right thing, I was too lazy to start a new thread

Hoss Ghoul
23rd October 2007, 07:30
Quote from Ed Hardin of the greensboro newspaper:

The further we get from those old days the harder it is to remember that Martinsville was once the best place to see a race and not a parade of cautions and laps.

Quote from Bill Elliott:

I've never raced so hard to get nowhere in all my life.

LOL, quote from me:

I loved it when Jr knocked Montoya out of the way to move into the lead at one point. I understand that JPM's crew was furious and they wanted JPM to run down JR and wreck him. Only problem was JPM couldn't catch Jr. http://www.racing-forums.com/vb/images/smilies/smile.gif

Earnhardt ran hard as hell all day, similar to Richmond, then engine puked again, that's 7 or 8 now this year. I think all the Earnhardt doubters are going to be blown away with what he does in a Hendrick car next year. Here's a great quote from Jr. I lifted from CBSsportsline's power rankings:

Earnhardt Ended up 23rd after his engine blew up right before the final restart of the race. Earnhardt's last three weeks: 23rd, 19th and 40th. "I am not upset at all," Earnhardt said. "We had a great day. I had a lot of fun. We ran really good, even on seven cylinders. We had a popping and spitting motor down the straightaway. I put those tail pipes in those other boys' ears so they could hear we were on seven cylinders and still driving by them."