PDA

View Full Version : O/T The "Big Boys" are back in town

Chigley
15th October 2007, 23:13
It's rewarding to see that The Rock has retained its place on the calendars of BTCC and F3/GT for 2008. This has got to help bring more people back to The Rock on a regular basis when they see the racing and facilities on offer. I know the ardent "turn left only" fans will be less than entralled but its still good news. :)

BTCC: Sat.12/Sun.13 April 2008
F3/GT: 26-May 2008 (Bank Holiday)* To be confirmed

Does anyone (Duane / Rob) have some snippets of next years Oval calendar.

racing59
16th October 2007, 00:07
My missus has done a Team Air Ambulance Calendar - is that any help?

Rob.

Filray
16th October 2007, 00:10
My missus has done a Team Air Ambulance Calendar - is that any help?

Rob.

Priceless!!

Ray

racing59
16th October 2007, 00:13
£8.99 actually
It's on http://www.lulu.com
Put "air ambulance" in the search box, it'll find it!

Rob.

Chigley
16th October 2007, 10:24
Oiiii this is a hijacking!!! get back on your own thread. :p

cgs
16th October 2007, 13:35
i might come to one or both of them. the BTCC meeting this year was great and it would be great to watch it again

Nick Brad
17th October 2007, 02:02
I'll only be there if we have some promotional event on offer, otherwise not really my cup of tea. May become a marshall for the BTCC event, but the may bank holiday is Kings Lynn territory, I won't miss some great short track oval racing unless it's on official Team Air Ambulance duties. :D

pickup
17th October 2007, 13:40
I read in Motorsport News today that some GT teams are not to pleased with a return to Rockingham next year although they seem to like the circuit layout they say that "it felt pretty dead" (Jonothan Cocker, driver) and "it was a shame about spectators.I dont know how much promotion they did but there were no local signs.The scene needs to be promoted better if we're to get bigger crowds" (Robin Ward, Damax team boss)
This seems to reflect a general concensus of opinion about most of the racing at Rockingham in particular the lack of awareness amongst the general public (especially local) about the great facility and superb racing that happens at the "ROCK".

Reynard
17th October 2007, 14:30
Mmmm, I've been going to GT meets on and off for years, and even with advertising the crowds have never been that thrilling - can look pretty thin even at some of the smaller circuits, never mind places like Rockingham and Silverstone.

Guess GT racing is more of an acquired taste and that it doesn't tick some of the required boxes for your average race fan.