PDA

View Full Version : Cats are brilliant!

Hazell B
2nd January 2007, 17:55
Yesterday I noticed our cat's leg was swollen, so grabbed him to check it out. He's an ex-feral who left teeth marks in a Land Rover's tyre when I got him, but is reasonably safe to handle now.

Anyway, when I held the knee and sqeezed it a little about a tablespoon full of septic goo shot out of a small puncture wound and blood flowed freely. After a rather vigourous clean, I slapped some salty water on the wound and left him to finish his breakfast.

The cat purred thoughout the whole ordeal.

This morning he was fine.

Something like, scaled up, that would see the average human take a week off work! Cats are officially harder than we are! :p :

Drew
2nd January 2007, 18:28
Hazell, you're the hardest of us all :eek:

I would have run a million miles at just the though :p :

Eki
2nd January 2007, 18:37
I knew they were. Way to go, Nobby!

Daniel
2nd January 2007, 18:55
Yesterday I noticed our cat's leg was swollen, so grabbed him to check it out. He's an ex-feral who left teeth marks in a Land Rover's tyre when I got him, but is reasonably safe to handle now.

Anyway, when I held the knee and sqeezed it a little about a tablespoon full of septic goo shot out of a small puncture wound and blood flowed freely. After a rather vigourous clean, I slapped some salty water on the wound and left him to finish his breakfast.

The cat purred thoughout the whole ordeal.

This morning he was fine.

Something like, scaled up, that would see the average human take a week off work! Cats are officially harder than we are! :p :
You forgot to mention that most dogs would limp around for a few days too :p

reidy_fan
2nd January 2007, 19:52
normal cats are great yeah but siamese cats must be the most stuck up creatures this planet has ever seen, mate has one and the way she struts about the place, best laugh is that hsi partner has a 12' boa constrictor and the car is for ever pawing at his tank and the snake strikes out only to bash its head on the glass. I am sure that little bitch laughs (or a cat's version of a laugh). Feel sorry for the snake, sure he is thinking one day when I am getting handled you will come in here and see how fast you are then :-)

jim mcglinchey
2nd January 2007, 19:56
..that little tabby, surely....

Hazell B
2nd January 2007, 20:57
You forgot to mention that most dogs would limp around for a few days too :p

Most would indeed. Having said that, one of mine doesn't seem to feel pain unless it's a serious injury, but the other (Naburn) is a total girly about even minor bumps :mark:

Just gone downstairs to find my partner rubbing a teeny little shin scratch and moaning it hurts. I rest my case :laugh:

mako
2nd January 2007, 21:07
normal cats are great yeah but siamese cats must be the most stuck up creatures this planet has ever seen, mate has one and the way she struts about the place, best laugh is that hsi partner has a 12' boa constrictor and the car is for ever pawing at his tank and the snake strikes out only to bash its head on the glass. I am sure that little bitch laughs (or a cat's version of a laugh). Feel sorry for the snake, sure he is thinking one day when I am getting handled you will come in here and see how fast you are then :-)

hah! my kind of cat!! :)

A.F.F.
2nd January 2007, 21:14
Our cat has jedi powers. And no empathy none what so ever. Our Nelly could take Nobby ;)

LotusElise
2nd January 2007, 23:01
I nearly got bitten by a cat at the weekend. It went for me!
Unfortunately, this wasn't a hard-as-nails ex-feral, it was a great fat mongrel housecat that normally prefers waddling around the living room.

veeten
2nd January 2007, 23:15
Anyway, when I held the knee and sqeezed it a little about a tablespoon full of septic goo shot out of a small puncture wound and blood flowed freely.

ick!!... pus. :s :p :

CarlMetro
2nd January 2007, 23:45
Cats are evil, even more so than chickens ;)

Bulldog#1
3rd January 2007, 02:24
i eat cats for lunch

Mark
3rd January 2007, 09:02
My cat can see into the future.

She had been sleeping all day. Then she woke up and started meowing, 3 minutes later she ran to the front door. 30 seconds later my Mum walked in. She must have known :crazy:

Dazz9908
3rd January 2007, 09:20
Cool for Cats! :p :

Eki
3rd January 2007, 10:45
My cat can see into the future.

She had been sleeping all day. Then she woke up and started meowing, 3 minutes later she ran to the front door. 30 seconds later my Mum walked in. She must have known :crazy:
Or smelled food. Did your Mum come with the groceries? I have heard that polar bears can smell a dead seal 20 km away and alive seal through 1 meter of solid ice. Who knows what cats can smell or hear.

sxis
3rd January 2007, 11:57
Cats are evil, even more so than chickens ;) i reckon ferrets are more evil than cats (just!)

Hazell B
3rd January 2007, 15:33
Our Nelly could take Nobby ;)

Fight!
Bring her over. Nobby likes a challenge since the pheasants gave up and moved out :p :

Dave B
3rd January 2007, 15:39
My old cat lost half her tongue on a barbed wire fence. We only found out when she started bleeding into her milk. Double 'ard, she was!

Hazell B
3rd January 2007, 15:58
My old cat lost half her tongue on a barbed wire fence. We only found out when she started bleeding into her milk. Double 'ard, she was!

And yet when we lot burn our tongues on a hot drink, we moan like it's terminal :p :

sal
3rd January 2007, 16:46
My tom cat got a bite at the base of his tail resulting in an abscess. Poor bugger had to half his tail shaved making him look like a poodle. Then if that wasnt bad enough the vet told us we had to break open the wound every day for a week to wash it with salted water to help the healing process. He never growled once, infact just like your cat H, he purred on every occassion! Triple hard moggy!

A.F.F.
3rd January 2007, 19:15
Fight!
Bring her over. Nobby likes a challenge since the pheasants gave up and moved out :p :

Well, our Nelly just got out of prison and she's bored. I'll bring her over :devil:

Hazell B
3rd January 2007, 19:29
Prison, eh?

She obviously couldn't commit the purrrfect crime :p :

A.F.F.
3rd January 2007, 19:33
Prison, eh?

She obviously couldn't commit the purrrfect crime :p :

:laugh:

No. She ignored people to death too visibly. Or maybe she didn't care for get caught. :p :

Eki
5th January 2007, 16:02
Yep, cats are brilliant...banks aren't:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21007941-2862,00.html

Cat swipes own credit card

Kate Jones

January 04, 2007 12:00am

MESSIAH Campbell didn't have to become a cat burglar to grab a share of the credit.

The Melbourne moggy now has his very own Visa card thanks to his curious mistress, Katherine Campbell.

Ms Campbell wanted to test the limits of her bank's identity screening process and applied for a Visa credit card on her cat's behalf.
Are credit cards too easy to get? Vote below right

She was amazed when the two-year-old cat received a card with a $4200 limit.

"I just couldn't believe it," she said. "People need to be aware of this and banks need to have better security."

Ms Campbell applied for Messiah's card through the Bank of Queensland two weeks ago. The South Morang woman already has a card with the bank and wanted to see whether a second credit card for the same account would be approved for Messiah.

She filled out a form in Messiah's name, including his address and age, and sent it to the bank.

She said the bank requested identification from Messiah, but just days later sent him a card without receiving any proof of identification.

Ms Campbell said the envelope containing her cat's card, the letter inside and the credit card itself were all addressed to Messiah Campbell.

Ms Campbell, as the primary credit card holder, said she was not notified that a secondary card attached to her account had been issued.

Ms Campbell said she was shocked by how simple it was to bluff the bank's security system.

"It was very easy to do and I'm not even a professional crook," she said.

Though he hasn't bought anything on his fantastic plastic, Messiah has more than enough credit to splurge on gourmet cat chow.

With $4200, Messiah could afford three years' worth of expensive cat mince, a year's supply of smoked salmon and five servings of caviar.

A spokeswoman for the Bank of Queensland said the cat's card had been issued in error.

"We apologise, as this should not have happened," she said.

Hazell B
5th January 2007, 19:24
With $4200, Messiah could afford three years' worth of expensive cat mince, a year's supply of smoked salmon and five servings of caviar.

Our cat would buy a half acre of land and start his own mouse farm.

I hope he never learns to fill in bank forms :mark:

:p :

jso1985
5th January 2007, 19:45
Cat's are evil, they're really inteligent and can take a lot of pain and still purr.
But I can always bribe my cats with some ham so they're as intelligent as humans, not more :p :

Hawkmoon
5th January 2007, 21:42
Cats are one of the most useless pets a person can own.

They have none of the decorative beauty of fish or birds and a single dog has more personality in it's arse than every cat in world combined.

We just lost our cat to the jaws of the neighbours bull terrier and although I can't stand to see the pain this has caused my wife, I can't say I care about losing the animal.

The only reason the thing stayed with us was because we fed it. The thing would have buggered off in a heart beat if someone gave it a better offer, mercenary ******* that it was.

Do yourself a favour people. Lose the vermin and get a dog. Then you'll know what having a real pet is like.

I think I'll now go find a place to hide before all you strange cat people lynch me! :D

A.F.F.
5th January 2007, 21:48

They have none of the decorative beauty of fish or birds and a single dog has more personality in it's arse than every cat in world combined.

We just lost our cat to the jaws of the neighbours bull terrier and although I can't stand to see the pain this has caused my wife, I can't say I care about losing the animal.

The only reason the thing stayed with us was because we fed it. The thing would have buggered off in a heart beat if someone gave it a better offer, mercenary ******* that it was.

Do yourself a favour people. Lose the vermin and get a dog. Then you'll know what having a real pet is like.

I think I'll now go find a place to hide before all you strange cat people lynch me! :D

I'm on your ass *******o.

jso1985
5th January 2007, 21:55
want a pet you shows you some love just because you feed them, get a dog
wnat a pet you shows you some love because it actually likes you, get a cat, if he/she doesn't love you he/she will just stay around for some food.

A case of "true" love ;)

Daniel
5th January 2007, 21:58
I'm on your ass *******o.
Real men own dogs Mr J ;)

RaikkonenRules
5th January 2007, 22:24

If you think that then a single cat has more personality in it's arse than everyone that's remoteley like you you :p :

As the saying goes, cats rule, dogs drool. :D

A.F.F.
5th January 2007, 23:22

And how would you know that? Someone told you that? ;)

Daniel
6th January 2007, 01:43
DonJippo told me :)

sxis
6th January 2007, 01:49
If you think that then a single cat has more personality in it's arse than everyone that's remoteley like you you :p :

As the saying goes, cats rule, dogs drool. :D get a border collie more intelligence than any cat yet to be born!

Hawkmoon
6th January 2007, 09:35
want a pet you shows you some love just because you feed them, get a dog
wnat a pet you shows you some love because it actually likes you, get a cat, if he/she doesn't love you he/she will just stay around for some food.

A case of "true" love ;)

The only thing cats love are themselves. A dog will literally give it's life to save a family or "pack" member. Can't say that of a cat, can you?

The only way to keep a cat around is to feed it. You could starve a dog and it would stick by you. Dogs give you unconditional love and loyalty. Cats tolerate your prescence.

You're right though. The cat and I had a mutual dislike of one another. That's not overly surprising from a cat, since they dislike everything. Other cats, dogs, people, they don't discriminate. Cats hate everything equally.

Down here in Australia you are alowed to shoot feral cats on sight. It's quite a good policy actually.

(Don't let my wife see that, otherwise I will be sleeping on the couch for a month! :D )

jim mcglinchey
6th January 2007, 10:06
The Aussies are responsible for the extinction of quite a few indigenous species too, coming to think of it...

Eki
6th January 2007, 10:08
The only way to keep a cat around is to feed it.
That could be seen as a sign of intelligence. If you starved it, it would be pretty stupid for it to stick around. And that can actually be also a good quality. You shouldn't leave a dog alone, at least not for more than a normal 8 hour work day. A cat doesn't mind being alone, as long as you leave it enough food and a clean toilet.

Daniel
6th January 2007, 11:52
The Aussies are responsible for the extinction of quite a few indigenous species too, coming to think of it...
Feral cats kill a lot of native wildlife so it's actually a good thing to shoot them in Australia. Lots of the small marsupials have no chance against feral cats :(

jim mcglinchey
6th January 2007, 14:52
..thats just a dirty smear campaign being bandied aboot by the Bandicoots...

Hazell B
6th January 2007, 18:58

And women with a mean streak ;)

Feral cats are as well shot, especially if they're near sensitive wildlife. Our ex-feral's forever eating birds and even empties a pheasant nest each summer. Few animals not designed to run damned fast would stand a chance against him if he was hungry. Ferals also spread some rather nasty diseases and breed at an alarming rate. The only thing they don't attack is a rat, which is the one thing they should be going for really :mark:

Not that I'm saying we should all go out cat shooting, mind!

Eki
6th January 2007, 20:32
Not that I'm saying we should all go out cat shooting, mind!
I'm glad you said that, Hazell. I think people who let their pets become strays should be neutered (not shot, since I'm against death penalty).

Hazell B
7th January 2007, 18:42
I'd rather the pets were neutered, just in case they move out of the owners home by choice.

Shooting should be reserved for those (humans) who wear fur :D