PDA

View Full Version : from laughable to there-you-go...

electron
15th October 2007, 09:11
Helio is probably doing more of a PR show than the other league overall did all year long to put OWR on mainstream radar. This driver will be known to people who don't even know what an open wheel racecar is now...

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071012/SPORTS03/710120381/1047

At first I laughed and didn't think this was a good idea but I was wrong. as a longtinme Helio fan I am happy that this has turned out quite positive.

Old3Fan
21st November 2007, 15:49
Helio can't lose from being on Dancing with the Stars. Even if he loses he is a winner and has gathered fans from all over the world. The past couple of winners have been athletes, Emmit Smith of the Dallas Cowboys and Apollo Anton Ono an Olympic Gold Medal winner. I didn't think either of them had a chance either but I guess top athletes are dedicated and listen to their instructors and if I was Helio, I sure would be listening to that beautiful teacher he managed to snag. Also you can tell he is having fun.

Sandfly
22nd November 2007, 16:21
Helio is a nice guy. He will be more famous for his dancing ability than for his racing accomplishments.

Wraith
24th November 2007, 15:31
Helio is a nice guy. He will be more famous for his dancing ability than for his racing accomplishments.

You realize you might have just counter-jinxed him into winning his third 500?

ACTF_ZETT
27th November 2007, 01:57
I thought Helio did great, was very entertaining, hopefully will put some fans into the seats.

My only complaint, his final dance should have been to "Back Home Again in Indiana!"

Scheckterfan54
27th November 2007, 07:01

Just last week, Helio and his HOT partner were on the Ellen show and when she introduced him, she said "Here is the 2 time Indy 500 champion Helio CastroNeves".

Old3Fan
28th November 2007, 06:49
Helio has gotten more PR for the IRL in the past 10 weeks than Danica or Sarah or Mika has combined in their entire careers. This is who TG should be pushing as the star of his series and the other CHAMPIONS AND INDY 500 WINNERS. I for one am awfully tired of all the slobbering by the media and in particular the IRL PR and announcing teams that Danika gets. When and IF she ever wins then maybe I will change my mind. Like Sarah before her the hype was hyperbolic but the performance was not there. And Mika, she was laughable at best and a rolling safety concern to all other drivers racing with (that would be around) her.

namarow
28th November 2007, 21:08
i would not be caught dead watching that pap. However, Helio is now a bonafide star, even up here in Canada. He is all over the news. You put that with the IRL having Danica, the Doctor playing dude and a few others and the Irl is doing an awesome job at getting the message out.

having said that, I can not stand TG or anything to do with it all. But I will sadly admit , my cc guys have about as much a clue as a retarded single cell creature in marketing. Helio may have just won you guys the war!?

Thank God for F1 and Gp2.