PDA

View Full Version : Who will win@Interlagos.. who has the correct mindset?

rohanweb
14th October 2007, 22:22
Who will win at interlagos?
who do you think got the edge? ie: arrive with strong mindset / wont wobble under pressure / will produce a stunning lap for pole / who will beat the rest through the first corner / who will set the fastest lap of the race / will go on to win the race

I think, Kimi Raikkonen will arrive with strong mindset, Lewis Hamilton wont wobble under pressure / Lewis Hamilton will go for pole / Lewis hamilton will beat his team mate to the first corner at start / Kimi Raikkonen will set the fastest lap of the race.

The result will more likely to be :
1)KR
2)LH
3)FM
4)FA

LH will win the WDC.

what you guys think?

jonny hurlock
14th October 2007, 23:04
who do you think got the edge? ie: arrive with strong mindset / wont wobble under pressure / will produce a stunning lap for pole / who will beat the rest through the first corner / who will set the fastest lap of the race / will go on to win the race

I think, Kimi Raikkonen will arrive with strong mindset, Lewis Hamilton wont wobble under pressure / Lewis Hamilton will go for pole / Lewis hamilton will beat his team mate to the first corner at start / Kimi Raikkonen will set the fastest lap of the race.

1)KR
2)LH
3)FM
4)FA

LH will win the WDC.

what you guys think?

I think your right on Kimi, he will have a strong mindset going into Sau Paulo, his 7 pionts behind, his had that serario before in japan 03 (9 pionts behind schumi) his got nothing to lose, i think who's got the wrost mindset is Alonso, he snap last year, I think he do it again.

Valve Bounce
14th October 2007, 23:34
It will be Kimi, Alonso, Hamilton and then Massa. Don't forget - you heard it from me first!! :p :
You can put your house on it.

airshifter
15th October 2007, 00:04
It will be Kimi, Alonso, Hamilton and then Massa. Don't forget - you heard it from me first!! :p :
You can put your house on it.

How about instead we put your house on it? :laugh:

I think Kimi will win, but think Lewis will top Alonso. Massa might end up out of the points.

Valve Bounce
15th October 2007, 00:06
How about instead we put your house on it? :laugh:

Well, I'm going to put my bicycle on it!! :p :

DazzlaF1
15th October 2007, 00:15

1)KR
2)LH
3)FM
4)FA

LH will win the WDC.

what you guys think?

I agree with you on Kimi, he's a bit like the forgotten man when you consider the "civil war" between the 2 McLaren drivers, im sure he'll go there go hell for leather and win comfortably. But he needs more than that to snatch the title which i think will end up being Hamilton's

Tazio
15th October 2007, 00:39
The pilot that qualifies p1

Ari
15th October 2007, 02:52
Well, I'm going to put my bicycle on it!! :p :

Pfftt your bike! What about the dog!! ;)

Ari
15th October 2007, 02:53
It's going to be interesting to see how Lewis goes with this pressure. Up until now he's been very much the underdog doing the incredible and unexpected... this weekend he will be the one with the pressure on him, the one with everything to lose. A very different position to the one coming from behind.

Being realistic Lewis doesn't need to win the WDC, he just needs to not lose it. It's going to be huge. I'm still holding on to some last gasping hope that Kimi can do the impossible!!

Valve Bounce
15th October 2007, 03:09
It's going to be interesting to see how Lewis goes with this pressure. Up until now he's been very much the underdog doing the incredible and unexpected... this weekend he will be the one with the pressure on him, the one with everything to lose. A very different position to the one coming from behind.

Being realistic Lewis doesn't need to win the WDC, he just needs to not lose it. It's going to be huge. I'm still holding on to some last gasping hope that Kimi can do the impossible!!

Actually, if Kimi wins the race, all Lewis has to do is come third. That means if Alonso is running second, all he has to do is follow Alonso home. Not a bad position to be in as all the pressure will be on Kimi and Alonso. The driver who can be the cat among the pidgeons is Massa because if he is nationalistic and wants to win, it could actually make Lewis's position even easier - he only has to come fourth to win the championship if Kimi is second.

I am hoping that somehow, Kimi can win the championship, but the maths is difficult.

Valve Bounce
15th October 2007, 03:10
Pfftt your bike! What about the dog!! ;)

Life would not be worth living if I lost the dog. :(

Cozzie
15th October 2007, 06:47
Given that this race is the most important of the year and the title contenders will be playing it safe at least in the early stages it will be a walk over for Felipe Massa unless Raikkonen is in second near the end and has a chance of securing the title...that would make things interesting.

yodasarmpit
15th October 2007, 07:52
I would love it to be Hamilton, but I think the pressure will be to much and the Ice Man Kimi will win.

ArrowsFA1
15th October 2007, 08:41
I think Kimi has the right mindset, but whether he can with the WDC or not is another matter. He gives the impression of someone who doesn't give two hoots about everything that's been going on this season. Whoooosh, it's all gone straight over his head, and he just gets on with racing. That will help him in Brazil, particularly as McLaren & their drivers have been dumped in the eye of another storm by the FIA.

Valve Bounce
15th October 2007, 08:44
I think Kimi has the right mindset, but whether he can with the WDC or not is another matter. He gives the impression of someone who doesn't give two hoots about everything that's been going on this season. Whoooosh, it's all gone straight over his head, and he just gets on with racing. That will help him in Brazil, particularly as McLaren & their drivers have been dumped in the eye of another storm by the FIA.

He was probably having a shyte while all this was going on. :p :

Viktory
15th October 2007, 09:23
I think it will be:
1. Kimi
2. Massa
3. Alonso
4. Heidfeld
5. Kovalainen
6. Hamilton

:p

wmcot
15th October 2007, 09:58
As far as mindset goes, I have to go with Kimi since he is not bothered much by things that happen off the track or on it. The question is whether his car will be fast enough and reliable enough.

I seriously expect to see some sort of incident with FA and LH or RD sometime during the race weekend!

This will certainly be a year to remember, but the championship will pale in the light of everything else that has gone on...

osg
15th October 2007, 10:25
Kimi.... he has absolutely nothing to lose, as does Massa, who should run interference along with the Toro Rosso's and the Spykers who will have full spec engine packages shipped straight from Maranello :D

jens
15th October 2007, 10:36
A prediction? Ferrari is slightly superior.

1. Räikkönen - does his best and waits whether that would be enough or not. It would be enough for another 2nd place in the WDC though.
2. Massa - takes pole, but allowes Kimi to pass him during pit stops, follows the Finn closely to the finish line, feeling that he is the moral winner in front of his home crowd. But crowd doesn't like team orders and goes mad.
3. Alonso - tries as hard as hell, but 3rd is maximum. After the race announces officially that he is leaving McLaren.
4. Hamilton - plays it safe and trails Alonso for the whole race. Just enough for the WDC. He'll appear at the press conference after the Top3 just like M. Schumacher did after Suzuka '03.

Mintexmemory
15th October 2007, 11:44
Kimi to win, LH to be WDC

1. KR
2. FA
3.LH
4 FM
5 RK
6 HK
7 DC
8 MW

Sleeper
15th October 2007, 12:28
Hamilton, the McLaren will be the better car at Interlagos (even Ferrari think so) and I cant see Alonso beatting him in a streight fight.

Tazio
15th October 2007, 17:05
Hamilton, the McLaren will be the better car at Interlagos (even Ferrari think so) and I cant see Alonso beatting him in a streight fight.
Do you think it's not possible for Fred to qualify ahead of LW?
I think it’s possible!
Do you think it's possible if Fred and LH are on the same (within a lap or two) fuel load, and Fred Qualified ahead of LH (it's not like he hasn't done several times this season)that Fred will be able to keep LH behind him?
Lewis doesn’t have to beat Fred In a straight fight unless they are fighting for 5th or 6th. (I don’t remember the math) with KIMI in p1.
It is not likely that this scenario presents itself. But it could happen.
Now if the fuel strategy is the same, and one passes the other in the pit's. I hope they have comparable pit stop times, because if they don't, and it affects the outcome of the WDC, all hell will break loose!

DimitraF1
15th October 2007, 17:09
Because there are so many drivers out there for much much more years in f1 that deserves it. Kimi for example..
Are they going to let a rookie win it with same equipment as Alonso?
In my point of view is that, someone, somehow...in the last race... Hamilton will not finish the race...

Your comments>? am i dreaming?
i dont have anything against Lewis, but if you think how easily he can take the championship this year,imagine the quality of championships of Michael , Hakkinen, Senna e.t.c...
Discuss please...

15th October 2007, 17:16
Because there are so many drivers out there for much much more years in f1 that deserves it.

I wasn't aware that having been in F1 for longer was a better qualification for a driver to be a champion than actually outscoring all the other drivers.

Tazio
15th October 2007, 17:25
Because there are so many drivers out there for much much more years in f1 that deserves it. Kimi for example..
Are they going to let a rookie win it with same equipment as Alonso?
In my point of view is that, someone, somehow...in the last race... Hamilton will not finish the race...

Your comments>? am i dreaming?
i dont have anything against Lewis, but if you think how easily he can take the championship this year,imagine the quality of championships of Michael , Hakkinen, Senna e.t.c...
Discuss please...

I don't agree with your reasoning.
But I hope you are right.
As for the dreaming part. Dreams are a wonderful thing
Go with them, and you will always be a happy women!

Sleeper
15th October 2007, 19:41
Do you think it's not possible for Fred to qualify ahead of LW?
I think it’s possible!
Do you think it's possible if Fred and LH are on the same (within a lap or two) fuel load, and Fred Qualified ahead of LH (it's not like he hasn't done several times this season)that Fred will be able to keep LH behind him?
Lewis doesn’t have to beat Fred In a straight fight unless they are fighting for 5th or 6th. (I don’t remember the math) with KIMI in p1.
It is not likely that this scenario presents itself. But it could happen.
Now if the fuel strategy is the same, and one passes the other in the pit's. I hope they have comparable pit stop times, because if they don't, and it affects the outcome of the WDC, all hell will break loose!
Judging on recent qualy form Hamilton will come out on top, plus he seems to do very well at tracks he's never seen before (Melbourne, Sepang, Montreale, Indy, Fuji, Shanghai). Also, Interlagos is a two long streights with a tight-ish infield and very bumpy and they'll be using the supersoft tyres, the kind of thing that has suited McLaren more than Ferrari all year.

fandango
15th October 2007, 22:17
As far as mindset goes, I don't think Kimi will do it. In my opinion that's his big weakness. If he hadn't lost focus twice in qualifying this year he'd have a much stronger chance, and two years ago Alonso really beat him once the WDC was decided and it was time to go for the constructors, after being defensive for most of the season.

I think the McLaren will be much better round the twistier parts and so overall will be superior. Both Alonso and Hamilton will be well focused, and both feel they've nothing to lose. I think the whole thing will depend on how well Hamilton can set his car up to manage tyre wear, and I expect he'll do enough to get the championship.

Crypt
15th October 2007, 22:46
Lewis won't finish. Nor will Alonso.

Crypt
15th October 2007, 23:29
Did I also mention I will be appearing on that new reality show about Psychics?

Tazio
15th October 2007, 23:54
Did I also mention I will be appearing on that new reality show about Psychics?No You didn't have to
uuuuuuuuuuuuwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuu!!!!

Valve Bounce
16th October 2007, 02:04
Lewis won't finish. Nor will Alonso.

Is that Finish for finished? :p :

TMorel
16th October 2007, 11:49
Oooh, I'd love to have the situation with Massa first, in front of Kimi with two laps to go and FA & LH far enough back.
Would Ferrari dare to get Massa to pull over to give them the championship?

ShiftingGears
16th October 2007, 13:29
Oooh, I'd love to have the situation with Massa first, in front of Kimi with two laps to go and FA & LH far enough back.
Would Ferrari dare to get Massa to pull over to give them the championship?

They would get him behind Kimi somehow...unscheduled pitstop, anyone? :D Either that or Massa bins it. I'd imagine there'd be outrage if team orders interfered in the ultimate round, deciding a championship. Although it wouldn't be the first time that's happened, either. Whatever happens I hope it's an exciting race.

I think Kimi has the right mindset, primarily because he has nothing to lose by going all out or nothing. And even if he wasn't 7 points behind, I think that would still be his mindset.

pino
16th October 2007, 13:43
According to a spanish fan here's how it will ends :

http://mediacenter.gazzetta.it/MediaCenter/action/player?uuid=2f1a54e8-7bca-11dc-9cf6-0003ba99c667

:p :

ioan
16th October 2007, 13:59

http://mediacenter.gazzetta.it/MediaCenter/action/player?uuid=2f1a54e8-7bca-11dc-9cf6-0003ba99c667

:rotflmao:

Bradley
16th October 2007, 18:59

:D

Crypt
16th October 2007, 19:02
Is that Finish for finished? :p :

The Finn will Finish while the Finished Alonzo won't finish and won't allow Lewis to finish to beat the Finn.

Oy...

rohanweb
16th October 2007, 21:46
anyone knows what was the friday testing times (who was faster in all practice times) at interlagos last year? ..followed up with who went on to get pole?

just curious.. ;-)

wmcot
17th October 2007, 06:59
The Finn will Finish while the Finished Alonzo won't finish and won't allow Lewis to finish to beat the Finn.

Oy...

That's what I have been thinking (without the tongue-twister!)

Madmonk
17th October 2007, 08:45
Alonso and Hamilton take each other out at Turn 1. Ron Dennis' head explodes. Norbert Haug has a mild heart attack. Massa wins the race. Kimi wins the WDC. Alonso announces he is leaving McLaren. Keke Rosberg is seen begging Ron Dennis, who's head is still exploded, to hire Nico. Instead, Ron hires Robert Doornbos to drive for McLaren. Sebastien Bourdais craps himself.

raikk
17th October 2007, 08:57
Hamilton pulls out a win and the championship... knowing Hamilton he won't sit back.. just like Gilles,Kimi and Senna..

Mickers
17th October 2007, 15:11
I think Alonso is going to kick a*s and take names...however much I don't want to see that one...he's going to do whatever it takes as his ego will not be able to stand having his teammate get the WDC from him. He's going to give everything he's got. Kimi?? Kimi is going to be calm and cool as usual and hopefully win the race.....LH....I want to see him win the WDC just to see Alonso's face and comments at the post interviews as he will get a podium....

kalasend
17th October 2007, 19:12
My predict:
- Massa took pole and let Kimi by at 1st pit.
- Alonso qualified ahead of Hamilton and kept the rookie behind him since race start
- With half of the race past and 20 seconds behind the red cars, Alonso realizing that 3rd is max for him. He's not going to get WDC. Feels mad about the rookie behind him and proceed to slow him down so much that there are at least 5 monkeys lined up behind them.
- At 1 corner Alonso performs his infamous brake-check trick and the 6+ cars (including Hamilton's) behind him crumbled into a mess
- Kimi wins WDC. Both Todt's won't stop kissing Massa.
- Alonso gets penalized heavily by FIA for brake checking and destroying 6+ cars. Alonso announced his leaving McLaren and F1 altogether and heads to do WRC.

markabilly
17th October 2007, 19:19
My predict:
- Massa took pole and let Kimi by at 1st pit.
- Alonso qualified ahead of Hamilton and kept the rookie behind him since race start
- With half of the race past and 20 seconds behind the red cars, Alonso realizing that 3rd is max for him. He's not going to get WDC. Feels mad about the rookie behind him and proceed to slow him down so much that there are at least 5 monkeys lined up behind them.
- At 1 corner Alonso performs his infamous brake-check trick and the 6+ cars (including Hamilton's) behind him crumbled into a mess
- Kimi wins WDC. Both Todt's won't stop kissing Massa.
- Alonso gets penalized heavily by FIA for brake checking and destroying 6+ cars. Alonso announced his leaving McLaren and F1 altogether and heads to do WRC.

Wrong
wrong
wrong

FA heads straight to Nascar (aka nastybumpcar), where that type of skill is fundamental to success..20 car pile-ups!!!!!...
he and tony stewart can throw helmets at each other while still on the track and do donuts, car flips, real he-man stuff

they would absolutely LOVE freddi in nastycar......but the real question, is he man enough for real racing :D :D

Crypt
17th October 2007, 22:19
Alonso and Hamilton take each other out at Turn 1. Ron Dennis' head explodes. Norbert Haug has a mild heart attack. Massa wins the race. Kimi wins the WDC. Alonso announces he is leaving McLaren. Keke Rosberg is seen begging Ron Dennis, who's head is still exploded, to hire Nico. Instead, Ron hires Robert Doornbos to drive for McLaren. Sebastien Bourdais craps himself.

+26

Tazio
17th October 2007, 23:29
I think Alonso is going to kick a*s and take names...however much I don't want to see that one...he's going to do whatever it takes as his ego will not be able to stand having his teammate get the WDC from him. He's going to give everything he's got. Kimi?? Kimi is going to be calm and cool as usual and hopefully win the race.....LH....I want to see him win the WDC just to see Alonso's face and comments at the post interviews as he will get a podium....
Mick here is the problem Fred has.
He is the only one of the top four who is running a second race engine. Now if my memory serves me correctly, which often times does not
1: the race at shanghai was in relatively low ambient temps.
2: Fred wasn't really pushing the whole race, not that he took it easy.
3: I haven’t heard Fred b!+ch about his engineers not reminding him that him and him alone will be the only one on a number two of the guys that really matter after LH retired.( of course the race wasn't over, and if Kimi made a mitake he would be in a position to attack). 3: I don't read the Spanish press, but even those provocateurs haven’t mentioned this conspiracy theory, at least not yet.(engineers knowingly let FA push when it is ill-advised.
4: Both Ferraris, and reports pertaining to Mclaren suggest that with only one race to do on these engines, by allowing them to run hotter, and at consistently higher revs these represent a 10 hp advantage!
Also with an uphill straight away they can run a slightly taller gear ratio. Here is the question.
Will Fred throw caution to the wind and try to run the same type of setup. He really doesn’t have allot to lose other than they run these thing at the very edge as it is,
and barring a miracle Fred and his engineers, will blow that engine unless A: Lew drops (or is drop kicked out of the race relatively early on), or
B: It's a cool ambient mixed conditions race, and Fred likes his qualy, and strategy.
OK I've confused myself now. I think their is a message somewhere in this mess.

Mickers
18th October 2007, 01:29
Tazio....well put....errrrrrrrr....I think....sorry I think I'm just as confused as you are....LOL....I think what you are sayin is will Fred risk it just to try to save the WDC?? Is that it?? And if so, I say, what has he got to lose...he's going to give whatever he can now, it's the last race...he's say feck it and just go for it...if he takes 10 or so cars out with him, he'll do it. But then again, what do I know, I'm a chick....and proud of it...Formula 1 Canadian woman that I am...!!!
I hope and hope and hope that LH wins...if not LH, then GO KIMI GO!!! Funny I used to be a huge Fred supporter..until he started whining and crying about his team and car etc....god just take responsibility or don't say a d*mn word. It's the Canadian way...

Kimiwins
18th October 2007, 10:40
Who will win the Formula 1 Championship 2007? Will it be this guy here the Iceman Kimi? http://www.tvnewsradio.com/en/ondemand/Formula1/F1-Interview-with-Massa-and-Raikkonen-of-Ferrari.htm
or Lewis Hamilton? http://www.tvnewsradio.com/en/ondemand/Formula1/F1-Interview-with-Lewis-Hamilton-of-McLaren-Mercedes.htm
or why not Alonso? I think Kimi wins. :)

leopard
18th October 2007, 10:50
It's because Alonsowon already :)

People tend to expect new champ hence they wrote them two much over Alonso instead.

ArrowsFA1
18th October 2007, 11:19
Hamilton will be champion if:

He wins or finishes second[/*:m:3nqe6a30]
He finishes ahead of both his rivals[/*:m:3nqe6a30]
He finishes no lower than second if Alonso wins[/*:m:3nqe6a30]
He finishes no lower than fifth if Alonso is second[/*:m:3nqe6a30]
He finishes no lower than fifth if Raikkonen wins[/*:m:3nqe6a30]
He finishes no lower than seventh if Alonso is third and/or Raikkonen is second[/*:m:3nqe6a30]
He finishes no lower than eighth if Alonso is fourth If Alonso if fifth or lower and Raikkonen finishes third or lower.[/*:m:3nqe6a30]For Alonso to win, the Spaniard must:

Win with Hamilton third or lower[/*:m:3nqe6a30]
Finish second with Hamilton sixth or lower[/*:m:3nqe6a30]
Finish third with Hamilton eighth or lower, and Raikkonen failing to win[/*:m:3nqe6a30]
Finish fourth with Hamilton lower than eighth, and Raikkonen lower than second[/*:m:3nqe6a30]For Raikkonen to be champion, the Finn must:

Win with Hamilton sixth or lower and Alonso lower than second[/*:m:3nqe6a30]
Finish second with Hamilton below seventh and Alonso lower than third.[/*:m:3nqe6a30]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7045144.stm

markabilly
18th October 2007, 13:35
I think ...he's going to do whatever it takes as his ego will not be able to stand having his teammate get the WDC from him. He's going to give everything he's got.

...LH....I want to see him win the WDC just to see Alonso's face and comments at the post interviews as he will get a podium....

Actually, I do as well, cause then, while pompous one asks questions, FA might just say in front of everyone, "I warned you,Ham, what would happen," and out comes the laptop, and off go those old 7 month old emails between him and LH about about Mac car set-up compared to...... :D

nikc
18th October 2007, 14:34
not the common mind:

in case alonso is in position to grab it in brazil, say him 1st and hamilton 3rd, there is a detail for him to check:
(comment before the detail)
if he is on a one-stopper, his advantage will be made clear before his only stop, at about the middle of the race
if he is on more, it will most possibly get clear shortly before his last one.
(end of comment)

The real question is, if he really doubts Mclaren, where would he pit?

(If i were alonso, I would rent some space at red bull's 4-way garage if i wanted to go unnoticed, or at renault or my next employee if i was really furious - darnell's out of the question but prefferable to mclaren)

extreme, isn't it?
no

rohanweb
18th October 2007, 14:46

You have forgotten Martin Whitmarsh..
he probably runaway from the camera's & quit his job, because FIA will force him & RD for his drivers fighting on track and bringing sport in to disrepute.

rohanweb
18th October 2007, 14:52
not the common mind:

in case alonso is in position to grab it in brazil, say him 1st and hamilton 3rd, there is a detail for him to check:
(comment before the detail)
if he is on a one-stopper, his advantage will be made clear before his only stop, at about the middle of the race
if he is on more, it will most possibly get clear shortly before his last one.
(end of comment)

The real question is, if he really doubts Mclaren, where would he pit?

(If i were alonso, I would rent some space at red bull's 4-way garage if i wanted to go unnoticed, or at renault or my next employee if i was really furious - darnell's out of the question but prefferable to mclaren)

extreme, isn't it?
no

I dont think FA will be on pole and red cars will get in between LW..
that would be worse starting scenario for Lewis..
if FA on pole, we will definitely see LH starting alongside...
cant wait for the race... Lewis to be careful of Massa that he got a good deal until 2010 & payrise top of that..& Massa may have been 'asked' by Motzemello to block Lewis or freddie to Kimi... i see there are 'stuffs' going on.

if Lewis pull it out of the bag.. he will be a great champion.. let alone those moaners & whingers.. he took the fight againt the best on the grid and shown what he can do. hope he will do it.

rohanweb
18th October 2007, 14:54
Actually, I do as well, cause then, while pompous one asks questions, FA might just say in front of everyone, "I warned you,Ham, what would happen," and out comes the laptop, and off go those old 7 month old emails between him and LH about about Mac car set-up compared to...... :D

lol..

does Alonso still receives ferrari weight distribution info through Pedro-de-la-rosa ---> from Ferrari Mechanics.??

this will help him to pull off a victory @ interlagos.mmm
well.. He doesnt have to share the 'info' with Lewis. poor guy ;-)

ioan
18th October 2007, 15:16
if FA on pole, we will definitely see LH starting alongside...

:rolleyes:

if Lewis pull it out of the bag.. he will be a great champion..

:rolleyes:

F1boat
18th October 2007, 18:30
I agree with you on Kimi, he's a bit like the forgotten man when you consider the "civil war" between the 2 McLaren drivers, im sure he'll go there go hell for leather and win comfortably. But he needs more than that to snatch the title which i think will end up being Hamilton's

I agree.

Hawkmoon
19th October 2007, 01:24
I have a related question to ask.

Let's assume that it's late in the race. Raikkonen's leading with Massa in second and Alonso in third. Hamilton's already out after his Mercedes ate itself on lap 5.

All Alonso has to do is pass Massa to win the WDC. Can Massa hold him off will the Spaniard fight his way past?

As a Ferrari fan, I wouldn't be very confident that Massa could keep him behind.

Crypt
19th October 2007, 01:27

Let's assume that it's late in the race. Raikkonen's leading with Massa in second and Alonso in third. Hamilton's already out after his Mercedes ate itself on lap 5.

All Alonso has to do is pass Massa to win the WDC. Can Massa hold him off will the Spaniard fight his way past?

As a Ferrari fan, I wouldn't be very confident that Massa could keep him behind.

You betcha. And with the brand new engine pumped up on RPMs and able to run hotter, 'Lonzo will have to be driving like Jesus with his hair on fire to pass if Massa can keep it on the track.

Tazio
19th October 2007, 04:34

Nor me. Depending on how many laps Fred has to attack, I think Massa could have a problem negotiating back-markers. He may cook it, and lose a little traction, or lock up. In both cases looking to out break Fred. FA is the king of the absurdly late brake. With what's at stake, the smart money would be on Fred.

janneppi
19th October 2007, 06:23
The biggest issue for me is how much Massa really would be willing to work for Kimi to win the WDC, Let kimi pass him, sure, but to fight for a second place finish, not so sure about that.

Altough it's Brazil so he could want to impress hins home crowd.

pino
19th October 2007, 06:28
I wouldn't be very confident that Massa could keep him behind.

Same here, only if Massa has a better car he will keep Alonso behind him...

pino
19th October 2007, 06:32
The biggest issue for me is how much Massa really would be willing to work for Kimi to win the WDC, Let kimi pass him, sure, but to fight for a second place finish, not so sure about that.

He will work for Kimi and Ferrari, first because we are in Brazil, 2nd because Ferrari have just renewed his contract...they expect a reward from him now ;)

rohanweb
19th October 2007, 06:38
Same here, only if Massa has a better car he will keep Alonso behind him...

you are right Pino.. massa's ferrari has to have real advantage of speed , otherwise alonso going to sprint on him, and I dont think in a matching cars massa has the ability to fend of alonso..( well ..kimi can fight alonso off if thats the case ;-) )

Tazio
19th October 2007, 06:38

Your joking! No! If it meant the wdc for a Ferrari driver????
You better check the fine print on that contract he just inked!

jas123f1
19th October 2007, 10:47
I think it will be:
1. Kimi
2. Massa
3. Alonso
4. Heidfeld
5. Kovalainen
6. Hamilton

:p

Sure :D

markabilly
19th October 2007, 10:53
you are right Pino.. massa's ferrari has to have real advantage of speed , otherwise alonso going to sprint on him, and I dont think in a matching cars massa has the ability to fend of alonso..( well ..kimi can fight alonso off if thats the case ;-) )

Your joking! No! If it meant the wdc for a Ferrari driver????
You better check the fine print on that contract he just inked!

Exactly and probably why the new contract---the old probably still said he was number 2 to MS....ooops....need a slight modification :eek:

besdies with todt jr as your manager, do you really think he would be dumb enough......to do otherwise...

ioan
19th October 2007, 11:25

Felipe isn't idiot nor such a bad driver.
If he lets FA through than he loses his teams confidence, contract or no contract.
He is in no way Fa's best friend and he showed that he can keep him behind or even pass FA this season.

And he won't let Alonso humiliate him in Brazil.

I would say that if Alonso tries to go by he should think twice before doing it, cause if he doesn't have a clear advantage for that move they will end up in the gravel, both.

555-04Q2
19th October 2007, 11:50
The first corner after the start will be interesting if the 4 leading drivers are next to each other. Lewis will have it all to lose and the others everything to gain. Cant wait !!!!!

Hawkmoon
19th October 2007, 12:15
If he lets FA through than he loses his teams confidence, contract or no contract.
He is in no way Fa's best friend and he showed that he can keep him behind or even pass FA this season.

I would say that if Alonso tries to go by he should think twice before doing it, cause if he doesn't have a clear advantage for that move they will end up in the gravel, both.

Don't get me wrong, ioan, I'm not trying to suggest that Massa's a bad driver or that we would just let Alonso pass without a fight. My worry would be that we have already seen Alonso muscle past Massa once already this year and for Alonso it's pretty much a "no lose" situation. He couldn't afford to just sit back and hope one of the Ferraris has a problem, so as the laps dwindle he would probably just chuck it down the inside and hope Massa doesn't turn in on him.

It's Alonso's aggression coupled with desperation that would have me worried.

Garry Walker
19th October 2007, 13:09
Don't get me wrong, ioan, I'm not trying to suggest that Massa's a bad driver or that we would just let Alonso pass without a fight. My worry would be that we have already seen Alonso muscle past Massa once already this year and for Alonso it's pretty much a "no lose" situation. He couldn't afford to just sit back and hope one of the Ferraris has a problem, so as the laps dwindle he would probably just chuck it down the inside and hope Massa doesn't turn in on him.

Massa has to do a better of defending his position than he did at the Ring, but I am sure he can manage it. If Alonso tries a desperate move, Felipe should close the door and take them both off. Lesson taught for next season, FM has nothing to lose.

ioan
19th October 2007, 16:00
Massa has to do a better of defending his position than he did at the Ring, but I am sure he can manage it. If Alonso tries a desperate move, Felipe should close the door and take them both off. Lesson taught for next season, FM has nothing to lose.

Exactly he has the least to lose, no pressure at all!

And we have seen Felipe fight against Alonso this season in Spain, Nurburgring and China, he only lost to the Spaniard in Nurburgring and it was said that it was because of an unbalanced set of tires.
He also showed he had balls at Fuji when he spared no punches against Kubica in the wet.

ioan
19th October 2007, 16:01

And Felipe has nothing to lose so he'll be able to go further than Alonso could realistically be prepared to go.

rohanweb
19th October 2007, 16:05

I wonder why ioan rule the forum..
you are absolutely right mate ;)

Tazio
20th October 2007, 05:18
Flavio BRIATORE: I’m sure I’m more relaxed than both Ron and Jean, and I’m more relaxed than last year. But I believe it’s a fantastic finish to the season this year. We have three drivers with the possibility to be World Champion and it’s very difficult to say whether it’s Hamilton or Fernando or Kimi because it will be a long race. We don’t know exactly what kind of weather we will have on Sunday, but you know it’s open. For me it’s still very very open, including for Ferrari because you never know. McLaren had a good opportunity to win last weekend, they got nothing, it’s never black and white but I believe that for Formula One and for the spectators and for the television it will be fantastic tomorrow and on Sunday.

Flavio's statements came aterthe same was asked of RD and JT

http://f1.automoto365.com/news/controller.php?lang=en&theme=default&month=10&year=2007&nextMode=GpNewsForm&news_id=28487

Roamy
20th October 2007, 06:16
well the nice thing about this race is two drivers have to win!!

rohanweb
20th October 2007, 08:24
news seen the tabloid newspaper says Lewis been hit with racism row.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/article353608.ece

ShiftingGears
20th October 2007, 08:35
Have any spanish-speakers on these forums listened to Garcia's quotes, and can they please justify whether he was misquoted or not?

janneppi
20th October 2007, 08:55
news seen the tabloid newspaper says Lewis been hit with racism row.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/article353608.ece
Rohanweb, the next time you link a sun "article" in the forums, I'll ban you for good. :p :
Just kidding of course.

It has nothing to do with this thread so keep it out of here.