PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Fabrizio Giovanardi

BeansBeansBeans
14th October 2007, 17:38
Congratulations to Fabrizio Giovanardi - The 2007 British Touring Car Champion :up:

Tshbez
14th October 2007, 18:02
A totally worthy champion and a great achievement. He was fair throughout the championship and some of his car control was out of this world. I'm glad he'll be back next year because he's great for the BTCC. Disappointing for Jason to loose it at the last weekend with those burns aswell but that's the way it goes. Someone has got to come second.

ATF
14th October 2007, 18:05
I'll second that. Regardless of the heroic efforts of JP today, I really feel Gio deserved it more this year - 10 wins to 6 says a lot and it could have been more! Well done FABrizio!

BTCC Fan#1
14th October 2007, 18:11
He's driven superbly all season, thoroughly deserving champion. :up:

WSRfan82
14th October 2007, 18:41
congerats Giovanardi not taking anything away for gio but i do think he was helped lol sorry just hat to say it

Vez
14th October 2007, 19:27
Congratulations to Fabrizio :up: a deserving champion

Though either JP or Fab deserved winning the title, they both have fought hard all season long.

Hope JP gets better as soon as possible (or as much as possible), those were some nasty burns.

Pedalpusher
14th October 2007, 19:48
Either man would have been a worthy champion this year, but there can only be one winner. Jason gave it his all with three courageous drives despite the injuries he suffered during the week. Here's hoping your recovery goes well Jason.

Many congratulations to Fabrizio, and I'm glad we'll be able to see him defend the title next year. :up:

nicemms
14th October 2007, 19:51
Well done to Fabrizio!!

He definately deserves it, driven well all season, especially today.

Lets see if he can make it two years on the trot!

Allyc85
14th October 2007, 22:12
A very well deserved championship win for Gio, though I cant help but wonder how it would have been with only one round at thruxton. Still that was the 2007 championship so fair play to the man :)

thetrooper_uk
14th October 2007, 22:49
His driving today proved that he is a champion through and through, well done and lets hope he can make it a double next year.

Ian McC
14th October 2007, 22:49
A great driver and a model professional, he certainly deserves it.

DazzlaF1
14th October 2007, 23:24
10 wins as well, thats the form of a champion, fully deserved indeed but i feel sorry for Plato, but knowing him, he'll be back next year more determined than ever.

VkmSpouge
15th October 2007, 00:54
Congratulations to Fabrizio! He deserved the championship and did brilliantly this year.

Henry Cutts
15th October 2007, 08:59
Well done Fabrizio great season.

Dave B
15th October 2007, 09:28
Congratulations to Fabrizio, a deserved champion. :champiob: :up:

As an aside, isn't it gratifying to see the amount of goodwill towards Fabrizio even from Plato fans. There's not been a trace of bitterness about their rivalry all year :up:

Mark
15th October 2007, 09:48
Both men are true racers, hard but fair.

A brilliant job by Frabrizio to win the championship in only his second season. Lets hope he sticks around to defend his crown :champion:

Abo
15th October 2007, 10:13
Daft way to end a championship though, red flagged :(

I am evil Homer
15th October 2007, 10:36

As an aside, isn't it gratifying to see the amount of goodwill towards Fabrizio even from Plato fans. There's not been a trace of bitterness about their rivalry all year :up:

Agreed....very refreshing and a deserving champion. He seems a really down to earth, likeable guy and above all a great racer. Hard definitely but fair.

Here's hoping he whoops Neal next year.

BeansBeansBeans
15th October 2007, 12:41
Congratulations to Fabrizio, a deserved champion. :champion: :up:

Well said Dave :up:

I'm a Plato fan, but I was pleased for Fab yesterday. He's a nice bloke, he doesn't whinge and he's driven brilliantly. Plus he was so gracious in victory.

NoahsGirl
15th October 2007, 12:43
Congratulations to Fabrizio, he has been brilliant this season. His car handling has been outstanding and 10 wins this season says it all. Considering how he started the 2006 season, it shows his class.

Commiserations to Jason and I hope he gets better soon.

Hope for a repeat of this season again in 2008!

Mark
15th October 2007, 12:46
300 points from 30 races, 10 points per race.. takes some doing!

SC76
15th October 2007, 12:59
Still gutted it wasn't JP celebrating the title last night, but if it had to anybody else I'm glad it was Gio.

He's a truly skilled driver and will be interesting to see how well he adapts to driving with his new dirty, cheating, sly, moaning, smug (I could go on...) team member Matt Neal.

Iain
15th October 2007, 15:27
Glad he won, he deserved it most, just look at his points tally and wins as Mark said. :)

Nice to see that no matter how the media try and create a war between him and Plato, they ignore it and have a healthy rivalry and respect for eachother. :)

Captain VXR
15th October 2007, 16:57
well done gio, could see plato was really trying hard - maybe plato will win next year

SEATFreak
15th October 2007, 17:21

Totally agree. Because I see myself as one of those SEAT fans you refer to.

I am one of those fans who wasn't there who after tasting the initial biter sadness of another trophyless season for Jase' can now fully appreciate in all it's glory how good Fabrizio was.

maybe plato will win next year

:laugh:

If you attach the warp drive from the USS Enterprise to the Leon's exhaust pipe maybe! It seems that is the only way the Leon will become a car with genine Championship winning form, pace and performance. That is now two cars that have beaten the Leon. First in 2006 was Team Dynamics' Integra and now in 2007 Vauxhall's Vectra. :(

AlexD
15th October 2007, 18:08
Not forgetting the 320i and 320si abroad

SEATFreak
15th October 2007, 19:36
Not forgetting the 320i and 320si abroad

I just meant in the BTCC. A fact I didn't feel you had to be told seeing as your more sensible than that. But if you blow that fact up to a more global scale then yes. And basically anythig that has a wheel attached.

The fact Giovanardi won isn't I think down to the car, as fast and as competitive it is, because a motor scooter could beat a petrol powered Leon but down to the fact the driver is the best ever driver to run in the BTCC. And until another one comes along and lands in SEAT for a change then Fabrizio will always be No.1. Because it is in his nature.

Caroline
15th October 2007, 21:45
He likes collecting championships, doesn't he? :)
A great driver and a great winner. Well done :)

Captain VXR
15th October 2007, 21:45
Seat Freak - we'll see if they get a diesel next year...

thompp
15th October 2007, 22:21
Just like to add my congrats to the "Fab" one, who has been chasing the title for almost all of the season and has put in a highly polished performance, and also appears to be one of the nicest guys on the grid to boot.

Robinho
17th October 2007, 13:29
i'd like to add congratulations to Fabrizio, i feel over the course of the season he has been the quickest and best performing driver, so deservedley tok the title, although Jason certainly had the consistency that has deserted him in previous years, and fought hard up until the end, kudos to him for creating a great battle.

i think next year Fabrizio will be very hard to beat, added experience, improved car, full set up information for all track, new teammate, probably no new championship rivals - i'd be tempted to take a punt on back to back titles

VxR1
17th October 2007, 16:42
Anything his new team mate has done, Fab1 can do also. Perhaps Matt can give him help and guidance on how to achieve that feat !!!!! Keeping it clean of course.

Perdita_X
17th October 2007, 16:55
Would like to add my voice to the accolades! A great job done by a great driver, and what a fabulous season it has given us all! Well Done!

Can't wait for next season! The defending champion and the champion of the previous 2 seasons in the same team...VX are certainly going to take some beating!!!!

italiano
6th November 2007, 10:07
congratulations fabrizio brilliant champion of the 2007 btcc

italiano :)

VX_Rules
8th November 2007, 18:17
Im sure Gio will do it again next year, ;) as himself and the car are only getting stronger. As for Neal. Somehow I think he's rather use the Vectra as a SEAT battering ram :rolleyes: It will be debatable if he will do better than Tom.

petrolhead ben
10th November 2007, 19:56
It's been a fab year, excuse the pun. Fabrizio is for sure a worthy champion if ever there was one. Jason's accident couldn't of come at a worse time with the burns he had. But you've got to give him credit for trying so hard at thruxton, it must of been difficult.

The racing this year has been superb as ever with the btcc. As for matt neal in race three at thruxton though, I am surprised. If he did purposley let the vauxhalls through then he took points not just off himself but off team halfords too.
Surely the team can't of been happy with that. Or were they? Neal himself said that he had a car problem which righted itself after the vauxhalls went through, but i'm not sure whether I believe that. But I have not heard an interview with a team halfords member other than neal, has anyone else?

Isn't it funny that he signs for vauxhall the following day. :rolleyes: