PDA

View Full Version : Possible new team for 2008

ChicagocrewIRL
14th October 2007, 03:57
http://www.kingdomracing.net/news1.htm

It looks like this will be a Southern Christian backed team with the major goal of

spreading God's Word to the IndyCar racing fanbase. I wish them all the luck in

the world but religion and racing ? It's kind of creepy.

And I guess it's old news as well with a press release date of August 16, 2007.

What if I started an IndyCar Team and no one knew about it ? YIKES.

gofastandwynn
14th October 2007, 04:28
Odd's of this happening, somewhere between zero and nothing

BrentJackson
15th October 2007, 04:08
Are these the same guys behind Yellow Ribbon?

Not happening.

mark123
15th October 2007, 04:56
they will need to hand a rather large plate around the church every sunday to finance an indy car. sounds a bit unlikely to me, but you never know.

Colt21
16th October 2007, 14:00
Too many teams like this before.

16th October 2007, 18:06
they will need to hand a rather large plate around the church every sunday to finance an indy car

"The Lord has told me to run an IndyCar team, and that any one who doesn't donate to the budget will be cast out of Heaven into the fiery pits of hell"

That should do it.

Easy Drifter
16th October 2007, 18:32
No race may start until church is out.

mark123
16th October 2007, 21:01
actually thats a good point - how would they get on with Sunday races?

17th October 2007, 13:06
[url]
It looks like this will be a Southern Christian backed team with the major goal of
spreading God's Word to the IndyCar racing fanbase.

Even if they aren't believers, how many of the IRL's fans haven't heard of God?

millencolin
18th October 2007, 15:39
I dont like the idea of religion and racing... i dont like the idea of religion interfering with anything that ISNT religion, be it politics, business or sport. I'm not an Athiest (i'm anglican), but I think a quote by 'super intendant chalmers' sums up what im saying best

'GOD HAS NO PLACE BETWEEN THESE WALLS'

Easy Drifter
18th October 2007, 18:17
Praise the Lord and pass the tires. :uhoh:

CCFanatic
18th October 2007, 22:10
This sounds of either desperation for more cars by the League and their TV suppliers, or some ill founded advice to the church by a financial advisor. One place to go into if you have alot of money most likely are not serious about is racing.

This rumor has been out there for a while. They tried, I believe to get a car for the Indy 500, but were unsuccessful.

electron
19th October 2007, 06:21
man, can someone please stop that nosense???
LOL... I imagine such a car starting right next to a possible AVN car (after they where not allowed with CCWS maybe they enter IRL... ;) )

the crewchief trying to exorcise the AVN gridgirls... or any suspect homo driver from another team while they are at it.

Cass
25th October 2007, 21:48
Yellow Ribbon Racing, Playa Del Racing, Racing for God, another flopper before the green drops. I would rather have AVN sponser a car than this...at least wars don't start because of a little T&A.

Lets poll this....are you a T&A type, or a God Fearing Christian who'll pay $50 so Jerry Falwell, or Casey Treat et al doesn't get called home......

me....T&A....lol

Chamoo
26th October 2007, 04:37
man, can someone please stop that nosense???
LOL... I imagine such a car starting right next to a possible AVN car (after they where not allowed with CCWS maybe they enter IRL... ;) )

the crewchief trying to exorcise the AVN gridgirls... or any suspect homo driver from another team while they are at it.

Wait and see...

As for your derogatory slang towards homosexuals, grow up.

electron
26th October 2007, 11:04
Wait and see...

As for your derogatory slang towards homosexuals, grow up.

oh, I am absolutely gay-friendly. But I do not think all people backing such a team would be. That also cannot be said about several lets say Helio-haters and bible belt rednecks around on boards. so grow up yourself and flame someone else :)

27th October 2007, 12:25
at least wars don't start because of a little T&A.

Tell that to the Trojans.

Chamoo
28th October 2007, 03:33
oh, I am absolutely gay-friendly. But I do not think all people backing such a team would be. That also cannot be said about several lets say Helio-haters and bible belt rednecks around on boards. so grow up yourself and flame someone else :)

Well once I see someone call someone a faggot, or a homo, or an ass pirate, I will definately flame them. Just think before you post something derogatory to other people. It's offensive.