PDA

View Full Version : Burmese PM carks it

Daniel
12th October 2007, 14:44
Hopefully Mugabe is not too far behind him :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/2/hi/asia-pacific/7041705.stm

Curryhead
12th October 2007, 16:32
Carks it thats dead funny, never heard that term before :laugh:

Daniel
12th October 2007, 16:35
It's possibly an Australianism but don't expect sympathy from me for someone involved with leading such a brutal regime :D

Schultz
13th October 2007, 06:56
Rip...

Not

BrentJackson
13th October 2007, 07:20
Hopefully Mugabe is not too far behind him :)

Agreed. The fewer tinpot lunatics in the world the better.

oily oaf
13th October 2007, 09:27
I haven't laughed so much since my Auntie Doris got her t!ts caught in the mangle. FACTAROOSERLER!

Drew
13th October 2007, 14:09
This whole Burma thing has gone a bit quiet, hasn't it?

It'll be more important when the General snuffs it...

Malbec
13th October 2007, 17:28
It'll be more important when the General snuffs it...

No it won't. Burma is run by the army, not by a particular general. Its like a group of friends who's families intermarry and who share the spoils. The guy at the top might change but power seamlessly passes to another in the group.

As I said before, the only way anything will change in Burma is if the lower ranks in the army rebel. Nothing else short of invasion will work.

Hazell B
13th October 2007, 19:35
Carks it thats dead funny, never heard that term before :laugh:

It's an old one, which I thought was spelled 'kharks' it after the kharki colour dead troops went in WW1. Carks looks more right, though :confused:

Anyway, what'll happen next in the country? I mean, will there be a period of mourning and everyone will have to look sombre or be beaten in the streets?

It's an odd world we live in. We're happy to see somebody die, yet his death probably won't make any difference at all.

Drew
14th October 2007, 00:57
No it won't. Burma is run by the army, not by a particular general. Its like a group of friends who's families intermarry and who share the spoils. The guy at the top might change but power seamlessly passes to another in the group.

As I said before, the only way anything will change in Burma is if the lower ranks in the army rebel. Nothing else short of invasion will work.

The general is the head of the country, if he were to die tomorrow it could cause for a push to democracy. It'd be more of a mental change for the people than an actual collapse of government from within.

Malbec
14th October 2007, 11:30
The general is the head of the country, if he were to die tomorrow it could cause for a push to democracy. It'd be more of a mental change for the people than an actual collapse of government from within.

No it won't.

He'll simply be replaced by a mate of his, another general.

These guys swap places every few years anyway, they are all singing from the same hymn sheet and there is never any difference between them. They know that and the people know that. It won't be a mental change at all.