PDA

View Full Version : V8 Supercars

Superturd 22
11th October 2007, 15:03
Didn't the V8s used to be about they were production based rather then pure racer because the road ccommodores and falcons are not 5.0 litres anymore then the v8s are no longer the cars we can go wow i own a car similar to that, well thats wrong isn't it. Not like the late Group A years and early v8 ATCC. :confused:

Rollo
12th October 2007, 00:07
Considering that both the Holden and the Ford are both built on the same platform according to Project Blueprint, that Ford sell a 5.4L and a 5.6L V8 in their Falcon whilst the V8 in the Commodore is the LS2 6L jobbie, and that the VE exceeded the dimensions requirements of the rules so they've channelled bits out of the car - it means that the V8 Supercars bear not an iota to the cars on the road.

LeonBrooke
12th October 2007, 04:25
Well true, but they're closer to production cars than DTM cars...

ShiftingGears
12th October 2007, 04:33
I was watching the 1992 Bathurst 1000 on youtube and it was great to see over 40 cars of different classes on the mountain. Better than seeing just Holdens and Fords imo.

racer69
12th October 2007, 05:53
Didn't the V8s used to be about they were production based rather then pure racer because the road ccommodores and falcons are not 5.0 litres anymore then the v8s are no longer the cars we can go wow i own a car similar to that, well thats wrong isn't it. Not like the late Group A years and early v8 ATCC. :confused:

When the Group 3A Touring Car rules (now known as V8Supercars) came into being in 1993, they were never production based. The formula was riddled with parity right from the start.

Although in 1993 you could buy a road going 5L V8 Ford (302 Windsor) & Holden (308 holden), the racing versions were permitted to use American sourced 5L engines, chevrolet in Holden's case, an SVO unit in Fords case, although the Holden 308 V8 was allowed to run, and was competitive, Larry Perkins using it to win the 1993 Bathurst 1000.