PDA

View Full Version : Mind sharing your wisdom sofa team bosses?

A.F.F.
11th October 2007, 09:05
After 2009 and changed machinery, let's say the rules conserning the drivers and point scoring will stay the same, how would you fill the seats with available drivers, IF the teams were:

Peugeot 207

Fiat Punto

Volkswagen Polo

Skoda Fabia

Mitsubishi

Subaru

MG

Koppomsbo
11th October 2007, 09:10
If i where a team boss from Cockermouth i would pick the drivers who paid the most to drive and put a lot of money in my own pocket.

Koz
11th October 2007, 09:21
If i where a british team boss i would pick the drivers who paid the most to drive and put a lot of money in my own pocket.

Thats 14 more seats +1 in Ford + 2 in Suzuki.

17 seats!

I dont think that there would be many paying for a seat.
As far as Wilson goes, I dont think he wants any drivers at the moment.
He's got the second most consistant driver in the championship and he has Latvala; and Mr. Slowson is probobly a more important factor for Wilson than money. :)

Buzz Lightyear
11th October 2007, 09:49
If i where a team boss from Cockermouth i would pick the drivers who paid the most to drive and put a lot of money in my own pocket.

and how many championships would you win?

Koppomsbo
11th October 2007, 10:12
and how many championships would you win?

None :) but i hope that a least someone understand the ironic in my post ;)

DonJippo
11th October 2007, 11:02
After 2009 and changed machinery,

Who says we will have changed machinery after 2009?

A.F.F.
11th October 2007, 11:55
Who says we will have changed machinery after 2009?

I goddammit.

DonJippo
11th October 2007, 17:48
I goddammit.

Sorry God, I though it was some minor authority like FIA, my bad.

;)

Doon
11th October 2007, 20:24
This thread just confuses me!

A.F.F.
11th October 2007, 21:16
Thats 14 more seats +1 in Ford + 2 in Suzuki.

17 seats!

I dont think that there would be many paying for a seat.
As far as Wilson goes, I dont think he wants any drivers at the moment.
He's got the second most consistant driver in the championship and he has Latvala; and Mr. Slowson is probobly a more important factor for Wilson than money. :)

If there is going to be more than 14 available seats in the future, it's going to be a blast :up: Hopefully those in charge turn their heads to national rally series too, to dig out young talents.

It's a real shame if it'll be a pay seat system entirely.

Also, if the machinery is in the financial limits for a privateers, it's big plus. :)

A.F.F.
11th October 2007, 21:21
Sorry God, I though it was some minor authority like FIA, my bad.

;)

FIA ?? What do they know about anything ??

Buzz Lightyear
11th October 2007, 21:48
It's a real shame if it'll be a pay seat system entirely.

:)

The manufacturers will try and make it pps (pay per seat) until a couple of then want to actually start winning... then there will be a proper drivers market... not the current cash cow.

Brother John
11th October 2007, 22:43
FIA ?? What do they know about anything ?? :s mokin: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Mickey T
12th October 2007, 09:46
well, i'd be finding holes for Aava and Anton Alen somewhere, teaming each of them with an experienced finisher/gatherer like gardi...

subaru will keep atkinson, pons is sharp enough to keep and the car can't get any worse, so there's two.

fiat will try to convert an italian into a wrc competitor, but it will be alen who stars, particularly with just two tarmac events to hamper him.

citroen will be there, perhaps, otherwise loeb may well retire early (unless they lend him to peugeot).

i'd expect latvala to star more regularly for ford, too.