PDA

View Full Version : KImi's only way to win the championship.

race_director
10th October 2007, 18:32
I have been thinking for the last couple of days. the various permutation's and combination's that is available for Kimi and Todt. Looking by the standings it is very easy for hamilton and Alonso to win the title if they win the race.

Kimi is in a very complicated situation. Even if he wins. alonso has to be finish 3rd or lower and hamliton has to finish 5th or lower. With just Massa around to help kimi the best result ferrari can aim is for Kimi and Massa finishing 1 and 2 and alonso third. with Hamilton scoring no points.
The chances of getting the above result is very 1 in 20 times.

My idea is that ferrari should equip Spyker and Torro rosso with all of this years technologies and the best engine for the last race. In fact supply there 2007 car and get it painted in spyker and torro rosso color's. How much time does it takes to get a paint job done?. so that these people can finish in between Ferrari and MCL.

WHat do u ppl say? should i forward this to todt ?

BorderReiver
10th October 2007, 18:44
I have been thinking for the last couple of days. the various permutation's and combination's that is available for Kimi and Todt. Looking by the standings it is very easy for hamilton and Alonso to win the title if they win the race.

Kimi is in a very complicated situation. Even if he wins. alonso has to be finish 3rd or lower and hamliton has to finish 5th or lower. With just Massa around to help kimi the best result ferrari can aim is for Kimi and Massa finishing 1 and 2 and alonso third. with Hamilton scoring no points.
The chances of getting the above result is very 1 in 20 times.

My idea is that ferrari should equip Spyker and Torro rosso with all of this years technologies and the best engine for the last race. In fact supply there 2007 car and get it painted in spyker and torro rosso color's. How much time does it takes to get a paint job done?. so that these people can finish in between Ferrari and MCL.

WHat do u ppl say? should i forward this to todt ?

He'd probably consider it ;) .

Seriously though, given the current emnity between the McLaren drivers it's more than possible that they could carry on another off (though I sincerely hope they don't since a title finale of that type would be the last thing F1 needs right now).

It might all go a bit 1986 . . . who knows?

GP-M3
10th October 2007, 18:52
I'm still friggen pissed at Kubica for moving over like a little whimpy girl for Alsono in Hungary. He just moved over like sissy and gave Fernando a point for free. What an arse.

Just as I've feared, and why I can't hold Kubica in high regard any more (I was a fan) now that point looms large. I hope it doesn't come into play, as I will never be able to root for Kubica again.

For instance, without the sissy Kubica, (who ended up finishing less then 3 seconds behind Fernando) Kimi just had to beat Fernando in this race. So if Kimi wins and Fernando took second, Kimi would beat Fernando. Now because of wimp boy, we need Massa to also beat Fernando.

So, Kubica is on my very bad list for not putting up even a hint of a defense to Alsonso, and for indeed moving over for no reason whatsoever. He even admitted that in the week following! (Something like... duh... in hindsight I should have held my position). Yeah, good thinking dude...

BorderReiver
10th October 2007, 19:00
I'm still friggen pissed at Kubica for moving over like a little whimpy girl for Alsono in Hungary. He just moved over like sissy and gave Fernando a point for free. What an arse.

Just as I've feared, and why I can't hold Kubica in high regard any more (I was a fan) now that point looms large. I hope it doesn't come into play, as I will never be able to root for Kubica again.

For instance, without the sissy Kubica, (who ended up finishing less then 3 seconds behind Fernando) Kimi just had to beat Fernando in this race. So if Kimi wins and Fernando took second, Kimi would beat Fernando. Now because of wimp boy, we need Massa to also beat Fernando.

So, Kubica is on my very bad list for not putting up even a hint of a defense to Alsonso, and for indeed moving over for no reason whatsoever. He even admitted that in the week following! (Something like... duh... in hindsight I should have held my position). Yeah, good thinking dude...

Yeh, we get it, you don't like Kubica.

Fact is chief, if Ferrari and Kimi had got their act together sooner this season (Kimi's form was up and down like anything at the start of the year) they wouldn't need other drivers to beat their rivals for them.

Easy Drifter
10th October 2007, 19:25
Welcome 'Raider of the Border'. Border Clan ancestry myself.
Race Director: By the 'rules' (yeah right) Ferrari have to supply current and equivalant engines. As to chassis that is now a situation Williams and Spyker are fighting. Anyway I don't really think Ferrari would try that. But you were just joking right?

BorderReiver
10th October 2007, 19:28
Welcome 'Raider of the Border'. Border Clan ancestry myself.

Thanks very much, it's nice to be here :) .

Juppe
10th October 2007, 19:35

Fact is chief, if Ferrari and Kimi had got their act together sooner this season (Kimi's form was up and down like anything at the start of the year) they wouldn't need other drivers to beat their rivals for them.

We can go down to the "what if" road to any length we want. There were Kimi's lack of composure with the car at the start of the season, his driving mistake in Monaco, the two DNFs because of reliability problems, mystery crash in Monza and so on. But those are all part of the game and therefore, acceptable.

The most difficult for me to accept is the Fuji-incident with the tyres. That was totally unnecessary and without it Kimi could still have the WDC in his own hands, so that was a real bummer. :(

The only chance Kimi has got is something to happen to Lewis, whether it be technical failure, driving error or Fernando.

And then... Massa needs to finish higher than Alonso.

Not impossible, just highly improbable. We'll see.

aryan
10th October 2007, 20:39
Thanks very much, it's nice to be here :) .

Don't count on it for too long though ;)

But we do love Scottish fans around here :p

Welcome!

GP-M3
10th October 2007, 22:19

True Ferrari and Kimi have had their own problems this year, but the luck of Alonso is enormous. And to have a guy just move over for you, then figure out, 'hey, I'm in this race too...' and finish 2.8 seconds behind you... well it's just weak. It really hurt my respect for Kubica, and wasn't a smart move as he even belatedly figured out.

Those gifts always seem to come to Alsono. Like the gift the stewards gave Hamilton when the lifted him back on track...

BorderReiver
10th October 2007, 23:14

True Ferrari and Kimi have had their own problems this year, but the luck of Alonso is enormous. And to have a guy just move over for you, then figure out, 'hey, I'm in this race too...' and finish 2.8 seconds behind you... well it's just weak. It really hurt my respect for Kubica, and wasn't a smart move as he even belatedly figured out.

Those gifts always seem to come to Alsono. Like the gift the stewards gave Hamilton when the lifted him back on track...

I personally beleive that Kimi Raikkonen deserved the World Championship in '05, he certainly deserved it far more than Alonso. However this isn't 2005, and this year Kimi has made errors as have Ferrari. In Motorsport nothing is ever owed to you, you have to go out and take it by the scruff of its neck and this season Kimi hasn't really got the job done. If you're blaming Robert Kubica for that then you're perception of reality is very very skewed. You can point to incidents where you adjudge Alonso or Hamilton to be lucky all you want, but the fact is if you're relying on luck to give you a championship you don't deserve it anyway.

markabilly
11th October 2007, 00:57

Now we should know the following:

who is NOT teaming with LH next year and who to blame if Alsono wins the wdc

We also now know Kubica's only chance of redemption--push off LH from the track in Brazil!!

Now we know why the stewards were so quick to punish Kubica for getting in the way of LH in Japan!!!! They know the evil that lurks in the heart of the Kube as he seeks his redemption for letting LH win the wdc......or is it for letting freddie blacmailer win, so what the heackfire is this getting so confuesed, is it that a tangled web we weave....all these conspirers, i can not tell who is doing what to who for why.....

Roamy
11th October 2007, 02:35
I don't know what is so hard about this - Massa quals 4th takes out LH and FA in the first turn - ball game over!!

Tazio
11th October 2007, 02:52
I don't know what is so hard about this - Massa quals 4th takes out LH and FA in the first turn - ball game over!!
Not quite.......He then bites a cyanide capsule that JT provided him with, and washes it down with a little Kool-aid for good measure!

donKey jote
11th October 2007, 22:00
but the luck of Alonso is enormous.

Like in Canada and France ? :dozey:

F1boat
12th October 2007, 08:05
The luck of Lewis is enormous. Alonso was lucky in previous years, not in this one. So far Kimi is unlucky.
The only cnance for the Finn IMO is a crash between Hamilton and Alonso, and then, if the car survives the race, 1st or 2nd and title.

Roamy
13th October 2007, 07:25
the way for kimi to win is that massa punts hamilton

ShiftingGears
13th October 2007, 09:18
the way for kimi to win is that massa punts hamilton

That still leaves the unlikely scenario of Alonso conceding 4 or more points to Kimi.