PDA

View Full Version : Forum style header pictures?

DonJippo
10th October 2007, 08:13
I'm using RallyForum.com style but instead of having only rally related pictures there seems to be somesort of racing pictures also on the header. Why is that?

Mark
10th October 2007, 08:15
It's part of a new style we are developing, hopefully we will have pictures of all types of motorsport.

You will notice that if you in the rally forums you will only see rally pictures, but if you are outside there then you will see a random picture taken from the full set.

At the moment only touring cars & rally have a full set of pictures.

Mark
10th October 2007, 10:20
You can see the pictures currently in use here: http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/allheaders.php

DonJippo
10th October 2007, 14:05
You can see the pictures currently in use here

Nice pictures, one question though. Who is choosing which ones will be used?

Daniel
10th October 2007, 14:44
I can't remember if I actually suggested it to Mark but I think it would be good if it could be a competition to choose the pictures perhaps once a year or twice a year. That way there could be a bit more of a variety of events in the photos and there will be a degree of forum participation in this sort of thing :)

I noticed in another forum the people have been asked to submit photos but in the rallyforum section we weren't :mark:

Iain
10th October 2007, 14:53
Mark only asked in forums where he didn't have any photos available to him and he already had plenty of rally photos at his disposal to use as headers.

Daniel
10th October 2007, 14:58
As I said it would be nice if the forum got a chance to participate and not just when there wasn't any other option ;)

Edit: I should just point out I've not got a problem with the photos or who took them :) Just that limiting it to only a selection of members then limits the variety of photos that we're going to get on banner photos. My suggestion is a competition after each event for a banner picture taken during that event.

DonJippo
10th October 2007, 16:02
My suggestion is a competition after each event for a banner picture taken during that event.

I support the idea of forum picture competition, don't think if it would be doable after every event but maybe once or twice a year? Having different categories would make it possible for more members to participate?

Daniel
10th October 2007, 16:08
I support the idea of forum picture competition, don't think if it would be doable after every event but maybe once or twice a year? Having different categories would make it possible for more members to participate?
Yes you could have drivers too :) Perhaps it wouldn't be doable for each event due to the limited numbers of people from the forum who go to some rallies with a good camera and some skill. But perhaps if not for a particular event due to lack of entrants we could have a particular rally or driver or car. Perhaps the person who won the last competition could nominate the next comp :)

Mark
10th October 2007, 17:39
There is no limit to the number of photos used in rotation. But remember that members from partner sites can not see them!

veeten
16th October 2007, 11:50
I like them, they look very nice. :)

J4MIE
24th October 2007, 21:38
My photos are available at good rates :cheese:

:p :

tisme
5th November 2007, 22:32
My photos are available at good rates :cheese:

:p :
Looks like someone else's rates are better!

I think the touring car pictures you have added are great! Why do we need a competition?

Why can't you accept what Mark has arranged, and thank him for it?! AND the person or people that have supplied the pictures!

Keep up the good work, Mark!

Mihai
5th November 2007, 23:15
I like most of the current header pictures, it's a good idea nevertheless. But some of the NASCAR pictures are simply horrible. Too blury to even consider showing them to someone else instead of deleting them right away. Photos taken with cheap mobile phones shouldn't be used as header pictures.

Daniel
6th November 2007, 00:25
Looks like someone else's rates are better!

I think the touring car pictures you have added are great! Why do we need a competition?

Why can't you accept what Mark has arranged, and thank him for it?! AND the person or people that have supplied the pictures!

Keep up the good work, Mark!
Perhaps other people have pictures which they feel might be appropriate?

tisme
7th November 2007, 00:45
Perhaps other people have pictures which they feel might be appropriate?

What has it got to do with 'other people'? It's Marks site, Let him decide!
I think he is doing a great job with the site!

If he wants more pictures, I'm sure he will ask!

Daniel
7th November 2007, 00:56
What has it got to do with 'other people'? It's Marks site, Let him decide!
I think he is doing a great job with the site!

If he wants more pictures, I'm sure he will ask!
No one ever said Mark was doing a bad job on the site in this thread :mark:

tisme
7th November 2007, 01:29
People may not be saying he is doing a 'bad job'. But they seem to be telling what he should be doing, which is much the same!

Daniel
7th November 2007, 02:44
people are not allowed opinions? :mark:

janneppi
7th November 2007, 06:28
There was no need for it, it's widely know already. :p :

Daniel
7th November 2007, 09:19
There was no need for it, it's widely know already. :p :
Mark! Your Generals are revolting! :p

RaceFanStan
9th November 2007, 12:45
I like most of the current header pictures, it's a good idea nevertheless.
But some of the NASCAR pictures are simply horrible.
Too blury to even consider showing them to someone else instead of deleting them right away.
Photos taken with cheap mobile phones shouldn't be used as header pictures.
FYI, I contributed many of the NASCAR pics ...
they were NOT taken with a "cheap mobile phone" ...
I used a 35mm camera for some & a Sony digital camera for others ...
the pics were taken from the stands & the area covered is quite large ...
when a pic is cropped, many times it becomes blurred ...

Mark required that the pics be taken by an individual & NOT taken off the internet ...
I could have made much better headers if I could have used the internet for the source ...

It appears it is easy for some people to critcize others but it helps to know the facts ! http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

Daniel
9th November 2007, 12:53
FYI, I contributed many of the NASCAR pics ...
they were NOT taken with a "cheap mobile phone" ...
I used a 35mm camera for some & a Sony digital camera for others ...
the pics were taken from the stands & the area covered is quite large ...
when a pic is cropped, many times it becomes blurred ...

Mark required that the pics be taken by an individual & NOT taken off the internet ...
I could have made much better headers if I could have used the internet for the source ...

It appears it is easy for some people to critcize others but it helps to know the facts ! http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif
Definitely. If someone has better pictures I'm sure Mark would be happy to use it. I can imagine it's not easy to take pictures from the stands. The first and last time I went to a track and took pictures they were crap. That's why I take pictures of rally cars because you can get up close and have an unobstructed view. I somehow doubt you'll get many better photos unless there's a professional photographers around. I somehow doubt that you'd get pictures even a tenth as good as yours :p