PDA

View Full Version : how many would be interested in this?? for 2008

car20
9th October 2007, 17:25
I notice on motorsport ads the advert for new racers required for the 2008 scsa up. and noticed the costs have been added http://www.motorsportads.co.uk/championships-etc/race/12797.html

yes it is a guide but was wondering how many would be up for having a fans team along the lines of that skid had in M.O.R.T ?

Now i don't know that excat amounts i will have to be prompted on that but say that

50 people buy 100 shares at£200 =£10,000 ( car and spares and stuff!)
but then pay £25 each month=1.250
Now this is were i get shot down on costs but bare with me on this

november 1st= 50 people buy shares at £200 = £10,000
december - april (say season starts then) 6,250 saved plus up until oct 15,000 ( not including crash's and stuff but a starting figure)

not including drivers, but as they pay to drive as an owner and pay for their own car and stuff this idea could get fans involved and put another car on the grid,
plus as a fan like on M.O.R.T you will be going for some thing more than just a fan, yes there will be more cost's
but as an idea to kick off would it be VIABLE to get 50 interested?

racing59
9th October 2007, 18:45
I notice on motorsport ads the advert for new racers required for the 2008 scsa up. and noticed the costs have been added http://www.motorsportads.co.uk/championships-etc/race/12797.html

yes it is a guide but was wondering how many would be up for having a fans team along the lines of that skid had in M.O.R.T ?

Now i don't know that excat amounts i will have to be prompted on that but say that

50 people buy 100 shares at£200 =£10,000 ( car and spares and stuff!)
but then pay £25 each month=1.250
Now this is were i get shot down on costs but bare with me on this

november 1st= 50 people buy shares at £200 = £10,000
december - april (say season starts then) 6,250 saved plus up until oct 15,000 ( not including crash's and stuff but a starting figure)

not including drivers, but as they pay to drive as an owner and pay for their own car and stuff this idea could get fans involved and put another car on the grid,
plus as a fan like on M.O.R.T you will be going for some thing more than just a fan, yes there will be more cost's
but as an idea to kick off would it be VIABLE to get 50 interested?

Well done - keep those ideas coming - and let's see more cars on the grid.

fastbob
9th October 2007, 19:09
Car20, good idea indeed, costs could be further reduced to carry out the same exercise and use one of the rental cars available rather than having to buy one. I reckon next season rent-a-drives will be available at between £500-1000 per meeting plus damage!

car20
10th October 2007, 16:56
I reckon next season rent-a-drives will be available at between £500-1000 per meeting plus damage!

would this not make my idea a bit redundant?

anyway don't know much legal stuff for along the lines to start up?

idea is that the fans holding shares in the bought car or share holding company could supplement drivers in a bugdet hole? as was case of chris robbo??

could have a deal like if you have money for one the fan holding company/car would pay or supplement a second meeting drive on a 1 supplement a season deal then at least there would be another car.

then the share cost could just be the initial £200 say and not the monthly payments would put in benifits along the lines of t-shirts and possibly a track day in it????

any more idea's or legal stuff that would get it rolling?

timtime
10th October 2007, 18:55
It doesnt necessarily make the idea redundant but more affordable. Depending upon the level of take up you could perhaps afford to rent more than one car per meeting.

The biggest problem would be people actually putting there money where there mouth's are. As you will see from my signature I support a drag bike rider, it all done off my own back no company support or anything. He had built his bike and had a fair number of small sponsors but was still coming up just short so myself and one other came in and it meant he could afford to race for the season. There was lots of talk of offers of help but the cold hard fact is that getting people to part with the money is a lot harder than getting them to say yes thats a good idea I want to be involved.

Having done it for one season I have to say, it has given me a whole new insight into racing because as much as it was enjoyable before it puts a whole new dimension on the events from preparation through to on the track.

I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.

Its a shame sponsorship couldn't be made a legitimate expense for individuals. The grids in every racing class would soon be full, a few grand to Gordon Brown or a few grand to a race team, there would be no contest other than trying to make the bump spot in qualifying.

Tim

Abo
11th October 2007, 11:07
I reckon the add needs a bit of work to sell the series. Look at the Pickup Truck one:

http://www.motorsportads.co.uk/championships-etc/race/12567.html