PDA

View Full Version : Plato injured during filming for Fifth Gear

Jona
9th October 2007, 16:31
http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=758

hopefully he'll recover in time for the weekend!

BDunnell
9th October 2007, 16:55
Blimey. Sounds like a lucky escape.

Captain VXR
9th October 2007, 17:05
glad hes OK

Mark
9th October 2007, 17:34
Blimey. Although you would think that you would not have to rely on sat nav to find the nearest hospital.

martinbalmer
9th October 2007, 17:45
Blimey. Although you would think that you would not have to rely on sat nav to find the nearest hospital.

I thought it was heading for some sort of sponsor plug when I read that bit :p :

Let's hope he recovers well.

inimitablestoo
9th October 2007, 17:46
After what Jeremy said about the Fifth Gear crew burning the Top Gear stuff, perhaps this was an act of revenge... :eek:

VkmSpouge
9th October 2007, 17:56
I'm glad Jason wasn't more seriously hurt. I hope it doesn't affect his driving at Thruxton.

Allyc85
9th October 2007, 18:59
Yea I really hope this dosnt affect him and ruin his chances :(

Steelrat
9th October 2007, 19:01
After what Jeremy said about the Fifth Gear crew burning the Top Gear stuff, perhaps this was an act of revenge... :eek:

Well, thankfully he didn't go one step further than Hammond ......

Get well soon JP, hope you're OK for the weekend (although I do want Gio to win ... sorry) ...

P

Dan Eaves Fan
9th October 2007, 21:03

Ha Ha that thought had crossed my mind to. Hope he's up and about by the weekend.

All the best jas

Caroline
9th October 2007, 21:22
I read the link and it sounds pretty serious, and painful. :s I hope that the weekend is going to be ok for Plato.

BDunnell
9th October 2007, 21:31
I read the link and it sounds pretty serious, and painful. :s I hope that the weekend is going to be ok for Plato.

Me too. Apart from the obvious wish that all is well, it would be a great shame if this were in any way to spoil a potentially great championship battle.

Robinho
10th October 2007, 13:41
i hope he's ok, firstly in general, and secondly, well enough to race, i'd hate for Gio to lift the crown with no opposition, but i'd love to see him lift it after beating Jason fair and square on the track.

get well soon Jason, maybe this will teach VBH for messing with the Top Gear studio!

AlexD
10th October 2007, 17:56
Hasn't some fault like this happened with the Caparo before?

inimitablestoo
10th October 2007, 20:10
I should also say I hope Jason's OK, I wouldn't want to leave it at just the Top Gear comment! He's not my favourite driver I admit, but he's driven faultlessly this year and would fully deserve a second title. Though it's always nice to see a new champion, and Giovanardi did win two of the three races at Thruxton earlier in the year, so it looks like being a cracking finale...

Hazell B
10th October 2007, 21:33
Talk about rotten bad luck! That's an awful thing to have happen at any time, never mind when you're about to fight for a championship.

Burns are slow to heal, plus painful, so I wish him well now and over the weekend.

bt52b
11th October 2007, 00:54
Plato toasted :eek:
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/car_page_content/36853.html

thompp
11th October 2007, 12:53
I've written the Autosport Headline for Jason at Thruxton this weekend already:

OUT OF THE FRYING PAN, INTO THE FIRE

Rusty
11th October 2007, 13:04
Got a great line for him the weekend....

"We were talking about you the other day Jase, were your ears burning"

wedge
11th October 2007, 14:04
Gordon Murray et al. will not be pleased about their car bursting into flames. Glad Plato has no serious injuries.

Plato won't be affected too much, he's a top class driver who will put the whole thing into the back of his mind once that Seat has fired up!

bt52b
11th October 2007, 14:07
Flamin' Jas'n :angryfire :hot:

thetrooper_uk
11th October 2007, 15:09
I wonder if Jason will be doing many Hot laps this weekend. :burn: < Before and after lol.

thetrooper_uk
11th October 2007, 15:19
:burn: < Before and after. I wonder how many HOT laps Jason will do at the weekend?

inimitablestoo
11th October 2007, 17:37
Gordon Murray et al. will not be pleased about their car bursting into flames. Shame it wasn't the other Gordon Murray, he could have called up Hugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew and the lads on stand-by... ;)

WSRfan82
11th October 2007, 20:43
christ first hamster now plato realy glad hes ok and get well soon hope this hasnt messed up his championship hopes want to see gio and jason fight for the championship....may the besy man win

VkmSpouge
11th October 2007, 23:47
Just saw a local news report on ITV about the last round of the championship. They did an interview with Plato and his face and neck really do show the signs of being burnt.