PDA

View Full Version : Bettega thread

Roy
9th October 2007, 13:24
Alessandro Bettega, winner of Ford's Fiesta Sporting Throphy international (FSTi) in 2006 drive in Corsica a Focus WRC 06 run bij Stobart M-sport.

Allessandro, son of Attilio Bettega (19 february 1953 - 2 may 1985), ride this year FIA Juniors (JWRC) driven the 3 first rallies in a Fiesta S1600. Because the many problems he get with that car he drive now another car. The champion of 2006 wins a by M-sport supported JWRC entry. Now Bettega get a change with a WRC, because all the problems with the Fiesta. He test once with the car, and did two tarmac rallies in Italy with a Focus WRC 01.

Rally France - Tour de Corse is a special rally for Bettega, he wins the rally last year in Fiesta Cup and he makes his debute in a WRCar in the same rally his father died.

What can we say about the young Bettega? Is he stay in rally? Or has he luck in 2006 in FSTi and see we him once in WRC and maybe last year in Fia Juniors?

And a question about him in Fiesta S1600: has anybody a picture of him in Rally Portugal? (please high resolution at least 1024x)

Josti
9th October 2007, 13:53
Best thing is to just wait, before making conclusions. He was clearly the best in the ST championship and fast in the Italian rounds too. Poor this year, but the Fiesta S1600 never really was the right car. I hope he will make good progress in the Focus, and of course a jump into his fathers legacy. At least a new Italian on top is a warm welcome :up:

PuddleJumper
9th October 2007, 14:41
Hi FocusChampion. I have 4 hi-res images of Bettega in Portugal. Send me a PM with the email address you'd like them sending to. :cool:

Buzz Lightyear
9th October 2007, 16:33
is its an 04 focus?

jonkka
9th October 2007, 19:33
Should be '06, according to pre-event info

Roy
9th October 2007, 21:30
Alessandro Bettega, winner of Ford's Fiesta Sporting Throphy international (FSTi) in 2006 drive in Corsica a Focus WRC 06 run bij Stobart M-sport.

Bettega drives WRC 06, like I wrote

Buzz Lightyear
9th October 2007, 23:31
Bettega drives WRC 06, like I wrote

apologies... i didnt see that. But, he was picture beside and 2004 car a month or so ago.

Helstar
10th October 2007, 05:51
Alessandro Bettega speaks... (italian link sorry xD !)

It's good article, use some online translator... :)

http://www.racingworld.it/rally/notizia2.php?idtitolo=4536

Josti
10th October 2007, 08:04
apologies... i didnt see that. But, he was picture beside and 2004 car a month or so ago.

That was an 02 Focus, used for a national rally. For experience purposes.

Donney
10th October 2007, 10:09
It's nice to see a Bettega back in rallying, being I talian he should be good and smooth on asphalt. Corsica is a hard test I wish him the best.

Roy
10th October 2007, 10:50
That was an 02 Focus, used for a national rally. For experience purposes.
I was quessing in my story, was it a 01 or 02? It is almost the same ;)

@PudduleJumper: Thnx for the nice pics!

PuddleJumper
10th October 2007, 13:18
You're welcome. :)

Helstar
11th October 2007, 04:41
Ok ok I do it.

------------

WRC - Alessandro Bettega has tested the Ford Focus WRC06

"Beautiful ! Wonderful !", Alessandro is the picture of happiness. He is back from a trip in England where he made a test with the M-Sport Ford Focus 06 WRC which he'll use at the next Tour de Corse.
"Pity that I could only drove the Focus for a single hour, then I had to leave it and be back to reality".

After the experience at the Rally Valle Varaita with a 02 spec Focus, Bettega got the chance to try for the first time a brand new 06 built by M-Sport, gradually approaching to the big 12-14 October show, when he will have the chance to race with that car in the Napoleon isle.

"We just arrived into the main M-Sport headquarter at Cockermouth last thursday. We tested the car on the asphalt of the track which M-Sport men use for the first steps of their new built cars: it's a large road, with only two corners, really easy, but perfect for my own test because it's important to take a little bit of confidence with the car.

We met the team who will follow us at Tour de Corse, and the lead engineer Tim Jackson. The car is a 06 spec Focus, completly new. Simone Scattolin and me sit down in the car, and they explained us the know-how of the ultra-complicated consolle. They informed us about the start procedure, and we discovered that the 06 commands are easier compared to the 02 spec car Errepi team gave us at Valle Varaita; you have to use the clutch a lot less.

After this, Matthew Wilson, the son of the WRC team Ford boss Malcom, arrived. He teached me something more about the car. We started with a single run where he drove, and kept me informed about essential things, then he leaved me the wheel for several runs, Wilson besides me; we tried a lot of start simulations too. Then Matthew leaved and my co-driver joined me in the car. Some other runs in the track, then they made a sign and I had to stop, the test was over.

First impression on the Focus 06 ? A SUPERSONIC car. Never felt like this before, in a race car. Compared to the 02 Focus we are in another planet. Impressive acceleration, lateral grip and raw speed. In the start the car doesn't even slide. The problem will be to understand its grip limit, because it feels like everything is possible !

Next day, we were back - Bettega concludes - where we had a two hours talk with the team, about the car setup and technical aspects; in the end we talked a lot with Peter Martin, one of the logistic responsible, about technic rules and communications between car-assistance".

In the Tour de Corse parc-ferme, the car will fill the fourth Stobart car space.
So the team will consist of Jari-Matti Latvala, Matthew Wilson, Henning Sollberg and, of course, Bettega.
The italian car will be followed exclusively by M-Sport team mechanics and engineers though.

pino
11th October 2007, 07:51
Good luck Alessandro, about time we have another italian in a WRC event :D Can he beat Matthew ? :p :

Donney
11th October 2007, 10:35
Now I'm worried if Matthew showed him the ropes of the car I'm afraid Alessandro won't be very fast.... ;)

pino
11th October 2007, 11:26
Now I'm worried if Matthew showed him the ropes of the car I'm afraid Alessandro won't be very fast.... ;)

LOL, that's the first thing I also tought after reading that article, I just didn't dare post it in here :p :

Brother John
11th October 2007, 12:58
Nice car for Bettega.

http://photosrallyecorse.free.fr/tdc2007/sd/images/tdc-075.jpg

Donney
11th October 2007, 15:17
LOL, that's the first thing I also tought after reading that article, I just didn't dare post it in here :p :

I know what you mean but this place is not the "Official Slowson Fan Club" precisely. :p

Lalo
11th October 2007, 16:12
Alessandro's car looks good!

Enjoy and good luck! :D

giangino
11th October 2007, 17:57
Photos shakedown Bettega www.AvetoWrc.com (http://www.avetowrc.com/Index/Index2.htm)

Bettega bach
12th October 2007, 10:29
I'm so pleased Alesandro has been given this car, all through rlly finland I had been supporting him and noticed what a tallent he was. I'm really glad he's been given this chance, and I have to say the car is looking pretty cool!

Zes
12th October 2007, 11:06

Good??? The car is plain white. Even Suzuki has some grey stripes on it and I found it quite a boring livery...

Anyway good luck Alessandro! Now when we have a new Bettega and a new Alen, we just need a new LANCIA!!!

Sulland
12th October 2007, 15:30

Yes from the front it looked better than most fords, in its simple white livery !

cut the b.s.
12th October 2007, 21:31
Good??? The car is plain white. Even Suzuki has some grey stripes on it and I found it quite a boring livery...

Anyway good luck Alessandro! Now when we have a new Bettega and a new Alen, we just need a new LANCIA!!!

We have a 'new Lancia' already this past couple of years ;-) Mr Loeb drives one

Was there much damage to Alessandro's car today? Hope he gets out again tomorrow, very impressive couple of stages from him

pino
13th October 2007, 13:09
Looks like Alessandro didn't damage the car much, but what a pity, he could've been very close to the podium now :p :

jure dvorsek
13th October 2007, 18:09
I am closley observing driving of this young Italian on Corsica, he is doing very well!! His stages times are better than Stohl,H.Solberg, Mikkelssen,Wilson-Slowson and all this boys have a lot more expirience in WRC cars compare to Bettega.
Well done Alessandro!!!

Roy
15th October 2007, 07:37
Great stage times, pitty he missed a stage. This young man can drive! On tarmac atleast.
I hope M-Sport give him an other drive!

pino
15th October 2007, 08:10
8th fastest on long stage 14th Pont de Calzola was a masterpiece, bravo Alessandro :up:

pavlos_a
19th October 2007, 11:21
Great stage times, pitty he missed a stage. This young man can drive! On tarmac atleast.
I hope M-Sport give him an other drive!

Driving against betegga in the ST trophy last year, I can assure you that he is fast and maybe faster on gravel. He is talented and a nice person too. I wish he can find his way in the WRC.

Lambros Athanassoulas

Roy
19th October 2007, 11:56
Driving against betegga in the ST trophy last year, I can assure you that he is fast and maybe faster on gravel. He is talented and a nice person too. I wish he can find his way in the WRC.

Lambros Athanassoulas

What are you doing at the moment in rally? Is there a live after Fiesta Trophy if you not finsed first or second (Clark)? Do you have -and any other FSTi cometitors- some contacts with M-sport?

Maybe you can clear up some thing about you and FSTi in a new thread if you want.

pavlos_a
23rd October 2007, 09:54
What are you doing at the moment in rally? Is there a live after Fiesta Trophy if you not finsed first or second (Clark)? Do you have -and any other FSTi cometitors- some contacts with M-sport?

Maybe you can clear up some thing about you and FSTi in a new thread if you want.

HI,

This year i only did Acropolis rally of Greece because i did not have time because of my work. FSTI this year was as expected with only 2-3 entries. M Sport contact for FSTI is Kate Rhodes :

M-Sport Ltd, Dovenby Hall, Dovenby,
Cockermouth, Cumbria CA13 0PN
England
Tel: +44 (0)1900 898 946
Fax: +44 (0)1900 823 823
Mobile: +44(0)7894 622 492
email: [email:1pjn3qz6]krhodes@m-sport.co.uk[/email:1pjn3qz6]
http://www.fiestasportingtrophy.com