PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With Tony?

Old3Fan
8th October 2007, 16:14
Too many time this season during the last few laps of a race when he has been in front or at least in the top five he starts maneuvering back and forth, up and down the track and gets trapped in the slow lane and has lost too many positions. Yesterday is a good example. He is in first being pushed by the Penske team and JJ and JG are coming up fast on the inside lane. He swerves down in front of Jimmy then tries to go back up to in front of Ryan and bingo, screwed again. Then he bangs JG into the lead. I don't get it.

SOD
8th October 2007, 17:32
ya win some, ya lose some.

harvick#1
8th October 2007, 17:57
for dega, its been ya lose some, ya lose alot of em

muggle not
8th October 2007, 17:59
for dega, its been ya lose some, ya lose alot of em
Except for the Restrictor Plate King. :D

harvick#1
8th October 2007, 18:23
I say for once, I was sort of proud of Gordon for making that move on Johnson because he never made that move before on Johnson, normally hes always content to just help him and not try to get the win

e2mtt
9th October 2007, 04:21
I agree... I seems like Tony has lost a bit of his cool domination lately, and is trying too hard. I was very disappointed with the way he finished Talladaga.
(Plus I picked him to win it all this year, and it isn't looking like he's gonna be able to pull it off. Hendricks is hitting stride right on time.)

Jonesi
9th October 2007, 05:51
Watched the replay today on ESPN2. Twice in the last few laps Tony went from the inside line past the outside line to near the wall. I think most people assumed he was trying to block, but I think he over drove his tires early in the run and they were nearly worn out.

Mark in Oshawa
9th October 2007, 15:37
I think a lot of people wont help Tony....because they know he will win or he wont help them back. Tony's rep works against him at a place like Dega, whereas Gordon didn't pull anything that was unfriendly until the last half a lap, and then he timed it perfectly to slide up in front of the 20. Tony had no choice but to bump him forward and hopefully get sucked forward......

RaceFanStan
9th October 2007, 22:23
I say for once,
I was sort of proud of Gordon for making that move on Johnson because he never made that move before on Johnson,
normally hes always content to just help him and not try to get the win
IMO the only high point to the race was the all-out pass that Jeff Gordon put on Johnson ...
Jeff Gordon thanked Tony Stewart for the big push & well he should have ...
Tony's push made all the difference & I have to appreciate Jeff's drive for the win ...
lately I am ANBODY BUT Jimmie Johnson ...
(I even enjoy watching Jeff Gordon win if he takes it away from Johnson) :eek:
Jeff Gordon showed what "balls-out" racing is (with a little help from his friend Tony). ;) :up:

muggle not
9th October 2007, 23:30
IMO the only high point to the race was the all-out pass that Jeff Gordon put on Johnson ...
Jeff Gordon thanked Tony Stewart for the big push & well he should have ...
Tony's push made all the difference & I have to appreciate Jeff's drive for the win ...
lately I am ANBODY BUT Jimmie Johnson ...
(I even enjoy watching Jeff Gordon win if he takes it away from Johnson) :eek:
Jeff Gordon showed what "balls-out" racing is (with a little help from his friend Tony). ;) :up:
Tony had no choice. It was either hit the wall, hit the driver next to him, or push Jeff.

RaceFanStan
10th October 2007, 01:38
That is true. http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/00.gif

SOD
10th October 2007, 03:22
are people starting to like Jeff Gordon? :eek:

there was a time when ironhead was despised ....

jslone
11th October 2007, 03:52
What about Smoke coming from the back of the pack to do the finish that he did,how was that?As for the last lap and such,I think that you need more then 1 other driver to help out.Were was Hamlin at that point,his teammate.

RaceFanStan
11th October 2007, 04:33
When Jeff Gordon got rid of fake Brooke his image improved ...
getting rid of her cost him $15 million but it was money well spent IMO http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

Jeff Gordon also went through a spell where he struggled on the racetracks ...
the "golden boy" image was broken. http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

harvick#1
11th October 2007, 06:51

no :D

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
11th October 2007, 10:20
Then he bangs JG into the lead. I don't get it.

the only reason Tony pushed jeff was because at that point it was his only chance to win.

Push Gordon passed Johnson and then try and make a move on Gordon once they're clear of Johonson.

Its not like he was doing Gordon a Favor his motives were completly selfish. (As they should be this is racing after all)

harvick#1
11th October 2007, 18:08
Tony had no choice. It was either hit the wall, hit the driver next to him, or push Jeff.

he could have pulled a Vickers move :D