PDA

View Full Version : The "what if" thread

Flat.tyres
8th October 2007, 15:35
When you have explored all possibilities, the correct answer tends to be the most obvious.

Now, seeing as some people on here seem to think that a festering cauldron of intrigue and conspiracy lies under every stone, I thought it would be good to turn the tables on them.

So, no matter how daft, (the dafter the better), what can you spin out of recent events?

Mine for a start.

McLaren favour Alonso

Ron was successfully blackmailed by Alonso but has been trying to make it look the opposite. In the Chinese GP, McLaren forced Lewis to stay out until his tyres were down to the canvas so that Alonso could be in a position to win the championship.

(Imagine the theories that would have been flying around if it had been Alonsos tyres :s hock: )

trumperZ06
8th October 2007, 15:53
;) Hhmmm... I don't think RD has any interest in favoring Alonso given this year's events. In fact, keeping LH out seemed to be an effort to assure that Hamilton would clinch the Championship in China.

:dozey: IMO... A series of unfortunite events... disrupted a well formulated plan !!!

:s mokin:

8th October 2007, 16:21
When you have explored all possibilities, the correct answer tends to be the most obvious.

You mean.....Like Mclaren being found guilty because they are guilty, the Ferrari floor at Melbourne being passed legal because it was legal and Stepney losing the plot?

Yes, I'd agree with you.

Flat.tyres
8th October 2007, 16:46
You mean.....Like Mclaren being found guilty because they are guilty, the Ferrari floor at Melbourne being passed legal because it was legal and Stepney losing the plot?

Yes, I'd agree with you.

McLaren were found guilty, that is correct and logical.

When you take the FIA having knowledge of the Ferrari floor and not actint till after the Aus GP, the logical answer is that they didn't act until forced to by McLaren ergo, FIA favoured Ferrari using an illegal floor. That is correct and logical.

Stepney losing the plot? Nope, logically, Stepney and Coughlan had some smelly secrets hidden under their beds and were going to jump to Honda but Coughlan lost his head by getting his wife to pick up a loaf of bread, pint of milk and 700 pages of secret Ferrari information from Prontaprint.

8th October 2007, 16:48
McLaren were found guilty, that is correct and logical.

When you take the FIA having knowledge of the Ferrari floor and not actint till after the Aus GP, the logical answer is that they didn't act until forced to by McLaren ergo, FIA favoured Ferrari using an illegal floor. That is correct and logical.

Stepney losing the plot? Nope, logically, Stepney and Coughlan had some smelly secrets hidden under their beds and were going to jump to Honda but Coughlan lost his head by getting his wife to pick up a loaf of bread, pint of milk and 700 pages of secret Ferrari information from Prontaprint.

Well, you got one out of three.

It's an improvement, I suppose.

Flat.tyres
8th October 2007, 17:00
Well, you got one out of three.

It's an improvement, I suppose.

Nope, I can accept when McLaren are in the wrong and do so. It's just that I tend to take a holistic view. ;)