PDA

View Full Version : King James, Haga almost

jonny hurlock
7th October 2007, 15:42
Toseland champion again, off to Moto gp as champ, yesss, I feel sorry for Nitro Haga missing it by TWO points, I do feel that Haga should have been champion this year or in the past few years (2000, 2004,) I like Nori, but I'm please to see Toseland champ again

Corny
7th October 2007, 16:18
2 points on 26 matches.. unbelievable

NinjaMaster
8th October 2007, 02:38
Yep, WSB is returning to a golden period. Congrats to JT, he definately earned and deserved this title and hopefully he gets the chance to show his full wares in MotoGP next year on competitive machinery.

The Phantom
8th October 2007, 03:53
I think he earned it, but I would have been happy to see Haga take it too. A pity Biaggi took Haga out a few races ago, that's what made the difference. If the 1098 is strong next year Haga may not get another shot at the WSB title...

Good luck to JT for next year.

Wim_Impreza
8th October 2007, 11:12
What a great year. I must say the WSB races were absolutely great in whole 2007. It was very exciting. Toseland has really deserved the title, let's see what he can do in MotoGP next year. I am feel sorry for Haga, again he missed the title and now with that very small margin. This title battle was even good and maybe better than the title fight between Bayliss and Edwards in the past.

Congratulations to James for winning the title and for Haga for winning both races. It is good to see so much markes can win, a few years ago we had only Ducati. Nice to see Nieto with the Kawasaki on the podium too.

I am really looking forward to 2008 already.

ChrisS
8th October 2007, 13:47
havent seen the last 2 races but overall the season was great.

Concrats to James for winning the championship. Things however went downhill for him near the end, I dont know if he was just too relaxed having signed for MotoGP or if the presure got him or if it was just bad luck but he almost lost the title because of it

ATF
8th October 2007, 16:56
Well done JT - think he deserved to win it this year. Saying that, it is a shame Nori's missed out on another WSBK title - I think he deserves to win at least one in his career!

Only just noticed that Yamaha won the manufacturers title, but I suppose they did have the best rider combination, even if Troy didn't win a race!!

patnicholls
8th October 2007, 20:21
That was a nervy finale to an excellent year's racing.

Obviously I wanted JT to win and am extremely glad he did (particularly wrt people who said Max would give him a kicking - although Max did pretty good too), but would have been happy with a Nori title victory too and he stormed those Magny-Cours races, did all he could. Hard to decide whether this was his best year ever - he had superb seasons in 2000 and 2004 too. Definitely deserves a title at some point.

On the JT side of things, he's left WSB on a big high and with a very dignified attitude towards everyone in the paddock - the time's right for his oncoming challenge in MotoGP.

ArmchairBikeFan
8th October 2007, 23:50
Haga lost the title because the Yamaha ate its tyres in the first few races until they got it set up right. They did an amazing job with the R1, turning it into such a great machine by the end of the year. I'm presuming Corser had a lot to do with that.
Toseland won it well, with more victories than anybody else. Can't say fairer than that.

neninja
10th October 2007, 12:12
Well done to JT. He won the most races (8 wins compared to Nori's 3) and just managed to hang in there.

I wish him luck for next year because based on other British riders recent experiences with 2nd string MotoGP teams he'll need it. I hope that Yamaha honour any promises to provide equal machinery unlike the treatment that Ellison got with the same team. I still think he'd have been better going to Honda but it's his choice.

Corny
10th October 2007, 12:14
Well done to JT. He won the most races (8 wins compared to Nori's 3) and just managed to hang in there.

Nori's 3? It were five I think! He got 2 doubles, and a win in Germany.. That's from what I remember, there could be more

ArmchairBikeFan
10th October 2007, 13:25
Haga won 6. :)

neninja
10th October 2007, 14:36
The WSB website summary page obviously missing some of the rounds and hasn't been updated. I've checked and it was indeed 6 wins.

Still the rider with most wins is champion so all is good