PDA

View Full Version : ACO reigns in diesels?

Sleeper
7th October 2007, 13:36
Thursdays Autosport reported that the ACO is to give petrol engines a 3% increase to the size of the air restrictors and the weight for all LMP1 cars is to be reduced from 925kg to 900kg, something that will be more difficult for the hevier diesels to achieve. However, the result is nobody is happy; Pescarolo, de Chaunac (ORECA, Courage) and Mike Lanchester (AER) have all said its a start but doesnt come close to being enough, wereas Audi and Peageot have both said the rules were fine as they were (I can see their noses growing from here :p ) and that its unfair to compare manufacturers with privaters.

Its suggested that the petrol cars could gain up to a second per lap from this.

harvick#1
7th October 2007, 20:41
so now they will only be 4 seconds slower a lap at Lemans then,

but I liked what Pescarolo said, saying the Deisals are still learning new things and will prolly be faster next year

Sleeper
7th October 2007, 23:03
I've always hated Audi's argument that its not comparing like with like (meaning there's no manufacturers running petrols) but I dont remember the Audi R8's being miles ahead of the best of the privaters, hell, the Zytek's, Creation's, Pescarolo's and Lola's were all give them a run for their money severl times a season, at least in qualy if not the race.

harvick#1
8th October 2007, 00:02
I was sort of surprised by Audi's comments by that, maybe they are thinkin thats gonna make Porsche even harder to beat next year.

but at Lemans, that 3% is nothing. the ACO is still gonna see Audi/Peugeot be miles ahead of the rest

Sleeper
8th October 2007, 00:07
Yeah, Audi and Peageot pushed for the rules to give diesels a big advantage in the first place.

Mark in Oshawa
9th October 2007, 15:13
Audi has the money to make their car faster and so does Peugeot. This is just f$%ting into the wind really. I suspect it will mean squat in the final analysis, and the guys building motors on gas are right to squak....