PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed...

Mikeall
6th October 2007, 14:23
The drivers championship order is two McLarens, two Ferraris, two BMws, two Renaults, two Williams, two Red Bulls and two Toyotas. I think the Red Bulls may overhaul Wurz but I can never remember anything like this happening before.

Big Ben
6th October 2007, 18:43
I havenīt noticed it yet but if it's as you say then it's just another proof how important the car is. No wonder Hamilton wins the championship.

tinchote
6th October 2007, 19:24
The drivers championship order is two McLarens, two Ferraris, two BMws, two Renaults, two Williams, two Red Bulls and two Toyotas. I think the Red Bulls may overhaul Wurz but I can never remember anything like this happening before.

Well, it's the first year in all of F1 history that engine development is freezed, and on top of that revs are limited. Add to that spec tyres, and the causes for failure get greatly reduced. Most drivers are reasonably efficient at doing their job, so in average race position is strictly given by car development.

An awful situation, and if Mosley gets what he wants it's only gonna get worse :s

aryan
6th October 2007, 21:05
Well, it's the first year in all of F1 history that engine development is freezed, and on top of that revs are limited. Add to that spec tyres, and the causes for failure get greatly reduced. Most drivers are reasonably efficient at doing their job, so in average race position is strictly given by car development.

An awful situation, and if Mosley gets what he wants it's only gonna get worse :s

Tin has a good point. I noticed this after Fuji as well, and the explanation that this can only be because of freezed car development and spec tyre seems a very valid explanation to me.

On the one hand, we want to lower costs and lower the barrier to entry. On the other hand, all decisions have side effects. It's a bit difficult to strike the right balance.

BDunnell
6th October 2007, 21:09
We have seen rates of attrition in races gradually decrease since the current engine rule was brought in, that's for sure. I don't think the current excellent reliability is actually a good thing.

tinchote
6th October 2007, 21:12
We have seen rates of attrition in races gradually decrease since the current engine rule was brought in, that's for sure. I don't think the current excellent reliability is actually a good thing.

Of course not. And the engine freeze causes that there is way less variation in car performance at different tracks. Only a few years ago, the performances at different tracks varied greatly. Even when MS and Ferrari were winning almost all races, the pole sitter would vary a lot (and this before the introduction of the ridiculous current qualy rules).

Brown, Jon Brow
6th October 2007, 21:17
Has anyone noticed that McLaren are 1-2 in the WDC yet Ferrari are somehow leading the WCC? :s hock:

aryan
6th October 2007, 21:46
Has anyone noticed that McLaren are 1-2 in the WDC yet Ferrari are somehow leading the WCC? :s hock:

Which planet have you been living on in the past month or two? :rolleyes:

wmcot
6th October 2007, 22:36

Many would say that if McLaren had not been excluded that a "Ferrari" would still be leading the WCC! ;)