PDA

View Full Version : DC.. the Oldguard coming strength to strength

rohanweb
6th October 2007, 12:01
It has been very long time since David Coulthard was on the centre of the game.. I think He is keep getting stronger and stronger by guiding the Redbull team and everyone should applaude David's contribution to keep it on the edge with the much younger & faster boys at the moment! 5th place quali is good as others on the top! its amazing what he is doing out there given his age !

Hats off to DC... welldone!!!

p.s: hope he helps Lewis as fellow britain by keep kimi/alonso/massa behind him for few corners,specially after thier pitstops....lol ..click click ;-)

ShiftingGears
6th October 2007, 12:06
Guiding the Red Bull team? I really don't think so. This is, I think, the second time he's outqualified Webber.

tinchote
6th October 2007, 12:12
It has been very long time since David Coulthard was on the centre of the game.. I think He is keep getting stronger and stronger by guiding the Redbull team and everyone should applaude David's contribution to keep it on the edge with the much younger & faster boys at the moment! 5th place quali is good as others on the top! its amazing what he is doing out there given his age !

Hats off to DC... welldone!!!

I like optimistic people ;) :D

rohanweb
6th October 2007, 12:20
Guiding the Red Bull team? I really don't think so. This is, I think, the second time he's outqualified Webber.

well.. Mr.Breakdown,Mr.Crash and Mr.Abuse over the national televesion is yet to prove He is faster than DC at Redbull.. he has also become a joker during middle of each race's explaining to Ted and Louise about his misfortunes.. lol.

given the redbull cars capacity DC is way ahead beating him fair and square,
any way Ron D can hire DC to partner LH next year ???

Ranger
6th October 2007, 12:34
well.. Mr.Breakdown,Mr.Crash and Mr.Abuse over the national televesion is yet to prove He is faster than DC at Redbull.. he has also become a joker during middle of each race's explaining to Ted and Louise about his misfortunes.. lol.

given the redbull cars capacity DC is way ahead beating him fair and square,
any way Ron D can hire DC to partner LH next year ???

Hah... Now considering Mark has been in always been front of DC (bar two times early season, one due to a sticking fuel flap and the other due to qualy problems) when he has retired (regardless of DC's finishing position), I'd say he's faster than DC. When both cars have finished, Mark has ALWAYS been ahead of DC. He has beaten DC 14-2 in qualy (once was due to a Q1 hydraulic problem in Spain).

But yes, somehow DC has more points than Webber at this stage. Don't kid yourself into thinking that Mark isn't the faster driver.

Besides, I was inclined to think Ron Dennis sacked Coulthard because he was lacking, so don't tell me he's somehow got better and deserves his old drive back.

[quote="tinchote"]I like optimistic people ]
:D

Dave B
6th October 2007, 12:48
As has been stated, Webber has outqualified DC in all but two sessions. Don't get me wrong, I think DC is doing an excellent job and is doubtless contributing a ton of experience to the team. From what I hear, he's working well with Adrian Newey which can only bode well for the future.

As for criticisms of Webber's race performance, I'd say he's the unluckiest bugger ever to grace the cockpit. If it's not hydraulic problems it's somebody hitting him. He's a lot better than many people give him credit for.

VkmSpouge
6th October 2007, 13:53
A very good performance by both Red Bulls today, they could get a very handsome points haul tomorrow. Very happy for Coulthard and hopefully neither he or Webber will encounter any reliability problems in the race.

Mikeall
6th October 2007, 14:16
They did well but Coulthard is still a long way behind the front 4, probably enough space to fit two BMWs, two Renaults and a Rosberg if they hadn't all had poor qualis.

VkmSpouge
6th October 2007, 14:20
They did well but Coulthard is still a long way behind the front 4, probably enough space to fit two BMWs, two Renaults and a Rosberg if they hadn't all had poor qualis.

Looking at the lap times it is probably safe to assume that all those in the top ten behind Alonso are on heavier fuel, the BMW Saubers are never that slow and I would expect to see them move up through the field tomorrow. Maybe the BMW Saubers are heavily fuelled and are gambling on it being a wet race?

jens
6th October 2007, 16:11
I have always thought that DC is a bit overrated. Probably it derives from the fact that he has spent such a huge amount of his career in top teams and the statistics he has collected there have made him look strong.

His Shanghai qualifying effort was nevertheless great - the last time, when DC actually shone this season, was... back in Spain. But most of the time this year he has been hardly visible. And Webber has indeed been faster than DC in most weekends.

aryan
6th October 2007, 20:19
Hah... Now considering Mark has been in always been front of DC (bar two times early season, one due to a sticking fuel flap and the other due to qualy problems) when he has retired (regardless of DC's finishing position), I'd say he's faster than DC. When both cars have finished, Mark has ALWAYS been ahead of DC. He has beaten DC 14-2 in qualy (once was due to a Q1 hydraulic problem in Spain).

But yes, somehow DC has more points than Webber at this stage. Don't kid yourself into thinking that Mark isn't the faster driver.

Besides, I was inclined to think Ron Dennis sacked Coulthard because he was lacking, so don't tell me he's somehow got better and deserves his old drive back.

:D

DC has never been good at quali. Niether the old 1-hour format, nor in the 1-lap format, not in the new knock-out format. Mark on the other hand has been good in all 3 of them. He is a much better qualifer than DC, I'll give you that.

However last time I checked, they still didn't hand out championships or points for qualification.

It seems like in race-trim, the two are much closer than their qualification performances would suggest. I understand that Mark is perhaps the most unlickiest pilot on the grid, and I'll grant that the 32 year old Webber might perhapd be a tad better than the 37 year old DC, but whether he is better than the 1997-2001 DC is a question up for debate.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for Mark to not only start winning races, but to hopefully one day become WDC, not only because I like the guy and think he makes many smart comments, but also because I'd love for F1 to become a bit more pupolar and perhaps more respected here in Australia so that I don't have to watch races at 3:00 AM with a 10 hour delay after Network Ten has aboslutely ran out of everything else to broadcast.

And let's not forget, at his day, DC was a fine driver, and I am absolutely thrilled that he is still hanging in there. He had most of the characters of a WDC in making: consistency, fine car development, good communication and good speed. perhaps he lacked a bit in the "I want this thing so bad, I'm gonna fight to death for it department". If Mark can lift his game a bit and perhaps find another gear or two, and also if he manages to overcome his unlucky experiences, my wish might just be granted and we might have an Aussie WDC here.

Back to China, and I wish both RBR drivers a successful and problem-free race.

BDunnell
6th October 2007, 20:45
DC has never been good at quali. Niether the old 1-hour format, nor in the 1-lap format, not in the new knock-out format. Mark on the other hand has been good in all 3 of them. He is a much better qualifer than DC, I'll give you that.

However last time I checked, they still didn't hand out championships or points for qualification.

It seems like in race-trim, the two are much closer than their qualification performances would suggest. I understand that Mark is perhaps the most unlickiest pilot on the grid, and I'll grant that the 32 year old Webber might perhapd be a tad better than the 37 year old DC, but whether he is better than the 1997-2001 DC is a question up for debate.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for Mark to not only start winning races, but to hopefully one day become WDC, not only because I like the guy and think he makes many smart comments, but also because I'd love for F1 to become a bit more pupolar and perhaps more respected here in Australia so that I don't have to watch races at 3:00 AM with a 10 hour delay after Network Ten has aboslutely ran out of everything else to broadcast.

And let's not forget, at his day, DC was a fine driver, and I am absolutely thrilled that he is still hanging in there. He had most of the characters of a WDC in making: consistency, fine car development, good communication and good speed. perhaps he lacked a bit in the "I want this thing so bad, I'm gonna fight to death for it department". If Mark can lift his game a bit and perhaps find another gear or two, and also if he manages to overcome his unlucky experiences, my wish might just be granted and we might have an Aussie WDC here.

Back to China, and I wish both RBR drivers a successful and problem-free race.

I'd like to second all of that.

Brown, Jon Brow
6th October 2007, 21:15
I can't believe that Webber is 32 :eek:

If it is a wet race tomorrow then maybe DC could call on his experience to gain a podium.

Ranger
7th October 2007, 00:14
I can't believe that Webber is 32 :eek: Because he is 31. ;)

jens
7th October 2007, 10:41
Kudos to Coulthard! Every time it looks like he has lost it and career is coming to an end, he somehow manages to find some speed and retain the seat. Probably that's why he has managed to stay in F1 that long.

About Red Bulls in general - Webber made 3 stops in 10 laps... Probably he reacted to that shower that came down in midrace by switching back to inters... - that prevented him from finishing ahead of DC I guess.

Ari
7th October 2007, 10:56
Well done DC! Fantastic effort this weekend. Great Quali and Race....

Still a little way to go to be bettering your team mate this year, but a nice race out of the box late in the season. I'm certain it helps!! ;)