PDA

View Full Version : What is This All About

Roamy
6th October 2007, 05:44
At the FIA press conference on Thursday, Fernando Alonso was asked if he thought he was treated fairly by his team in Japan, or whether it had favoured Lewis Hamilton my making "subtle changes" to the Spaniard's car, including tyre pressures or wing settings

What the hell are they doing here - I thought with subtle changes you talked with the driver for approval.

Valve Bounce
6th October 2007, 05:52
At the FIA press conference on Thursday, Fernando Alonso was asked if he thought he was treated fairly by his team in Japan, or whether it had favoured Lewis Hamilton my making "subtle changes" to the Spaniard's car, including tyre pressures or wing settings

What the hell are they doing here - I thought with subtle changes you talked with the driver for approval.

What was Fernando's reply?

Roamy
6th October 2007, 06:19
http://www.planet-f1.com/

6th October 2007, 10:58
Whilst it's not the first time Alonso has accused his team of sabotage (he was saying the same thing in China last year), nor is it the first time Mclaren have been accused of changing the car without the drivers knowledge.

It happened to Alain Prost at the Italian GP in 1988.

Who you choose to believe depends on who you want to believe, I suppose.

rohanweb
6th October 2007, 11:49
what alonso says thesedays is soo funny that once upon he said Lewis copying his setup and telemetry datas, now Lewis has moved on with his own settings and he go even faster ...and now FA is trying to say that the team sabotage his race.. hehe ..lol

idiot lives for another day!? FA isnt a professional driver of his level who won 2 WDC.. i hope the F1 fans are too laughing at his antiques though.

F1MAN2007
6th October 2007, 11:54
what alonso says thesedays is soo funny that once upon he said Lewis copying his setup and telemetry datas, now Lewis has moved on with his own settings and he go even faster ...and now FA is trying to say that the team sabotage his race.. hehe ..lol

idiot lives for another day!? FA isnt a professional driver of his level who won 2 WDC.. i hope the F1 fans are too laughing at his antiques though.

It seems you know better than the driver himself?! :D

tinchote
6th October 2007, 11:55
As I said repeteadly years ago when many people here were claiming that Ferrari sabotaged Barrichello's car, such claim doesn't make any sense.

Why would a team want their car to perform beyond it's possibilities? With all the money and sponsorship and prestige at stage, to suggest that a team will hamper one of it's driver is preposterous. Think about it, McLaren is paying more than a million dollar per race to Alonso, and then they would want him to underperform? It doesn't make any sense at all.

But then, conspiracy theories have always being popular around here :s

rohanweb
6th October 2007, 12:23
It seems you know better than the driver himself?! :D

hehe sorry.. I meant even his (alonso's) die hard fans too laughing at him!
bad loser.

ICKE
6th October 2007, 12:27
Itīs fairly obvious that Mclaren wants Hamilton to win and Dennis cant stand Alonso. It is possible, they are making things as difficult as possible for him so they can smoke FA out from the team.

These days you can expect anything from the cheaters.

truefan72
6th October 2007, 13:18
I actually think that McClaren have shown incredible reserve and professionalism with Alonso. They have put out two cars of the highest calibre. He is the one that spun and he's the one that couldn't get the job done. But like most professional drivers, he cannot see fault in himself whatsoever at any time. It is easier for him to think about sabotage rather than inferior driving performance.

As an avid tennis player, I have from time to time screamed at my racquet and once or twice thrown it down in disgust. Yes, my racquet let me down, it failed me, it is not performing the way I want it too. :(
...same thing here.

Valve Bounce
6th October 2007, 13:24
He is just jealous.

markabilly
6th October 2007, 13:36
As I said repeteadly years ago when many people here were claiming that Ferrari sabotaged Barrichello's car, such claim doesn't make any sense.

Why would a team want their car to perform beyond it's possibilities? With all the money and sponsorship and prestige at stage, to suggest that a team will hamper one of it's driver is preposterous. Think about it, McLaren is paying more than a million dollar per race to Alonso, and then they would want him to underperform? It doesn't make any sense at all.

But then, conspiracy theories have always being popular around here :s
You mean like this:
From BBC
According to BBC commentator David Croft, reports of an 'investigation' are inaccurate.

"We're now being told it's not really an investigation. But that the three drivers have been called in to see the stewards," Croft told BBC Radio Five Live.
"It's where the story of the investigation are being spun from. We've never been categorically told by the stewards that they are investigating what happened.

"Lewis should be completely in the clear. But why was that story put around that there would be an investigation? Is that trying to destabilise a man that has come here to win a world title?"

or like this:

BBC 5Live's David Croft F1 correspondent has questioned why the ruling was so long in coming.
He said: "The three-man panel studied the new evidence and decided it added little to their original film.
"So why the delay? Surely this could all have been decided yesterday, when Toro Rosso made their appeal. "To leave it 24 hours before interviewing the drivers, keeping Hamilton in particular in limbo on such a critical weekend, appears unnecessary at the very least.

:rotate: :eek: