Stow the clubs, wax up the skis :D

Live webcam of my favourite ski centre:

http://www.skibanff.com/conditions/webcams.php

Elevation: 2750m
Vertical drop: 1100m

:up: :D

fandango
5th October 2007, 15:09
It's still a little early for snow in these parts, but hopefully we'll get back to the mountains this year. I don't ski well, I rent the skis and boots, but it's great fun.

Pawprint
6th October 2007, 23:41
No doubt I'll be heading back out to the Alps again in Easter.... :)
Les Gets, Meribel, Val D'Isaire :)

Hondo
7th October 2007, 00:24
Looks nice schmenke. Do you stay at one of the Inns, or just make 1 day trips? The people I know that still ski say it is mainly the older folks on skis, the younger folks prefer snowboards. Any truth to that where you ski?

Pawprint
7th October 2007, 11:04
Yeah, thats mostly it...... snowboarding is hard to get used to though..... and very sore.........

I prefer just sticking to what I know ~ skiing

Paws

schmenke
8th October 2007, 17:27
Looks nice schmenke. Do you stay at one of the Inns, or just make 1 day trips? The people I know that still ski say it is mainly the older folks on skis, the younger folks prefer snowboards. Any truth to that where you ski?

Most ski centres are an easy 2 hour drive or less, so we do day trips.
Sadly however, the price of skiing is becoming increasing expensive. A typical adult day pass costs well over $60.00 now :s

Yeah, snowboarding is popular with the younger generations. I however prefer to stumble down the hills with individual sticks attached to both feet :D

Caroline
8th October 2007, 17:31
Great webcams. I like Banff. Didn't go skiing when I was there. Went dog sledding instead. :)

Hondo
8th October 2007, 19:10
Most ski centres are an easy 2 hour drive or less, so we do day trips.
Sadly however, the price of skiing is becoming increasing expensive. A typical adult day pass costs well over $60.00 now :s

Yeah, snowboarding is popular with the younger generations. I however prefer to stumble down the hills with individual sticks attached to both feet :D

Last time I went skiing was in Taos in 19...uh..19...Damn, I forget. Silly old people, ought to kill us all.

janneppi
8th October 2007, 19:20
Is it just me but the ad in the bottom of the page for this thread is for a ski resort in Francelandia. :)

Drew
9th October 2007, 00:58
Never been skiing, it's just a bit expensive, isn't it?

Hondo
9th October 2007, 08:58
It can be, but so are a lot of other hobbies. Most American bass fisherman have at least $20,000.00 wrapped up in the boat alone.

Twenty thousand dollars will get you good skis, boots, bindings (they still have separate bindings?), and lift tickets for a long, long time. You'd even have a few dollars left to have a few drinks while you hang around the lodge fireplace and admire all the new casts at the end of the day.

Funny how well you sleep after a day on the slopes.