PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton To Quit!! *pure media spin*

nightingalecars
5th October 2007, 13:25
Just read this news story about Lewis Hamilton Threatining to quit Formula 1

Link

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/05102007/58/chinese-gp-hamilton-issues-shock-quit-threat.html

Ranger
5th October 2007, 13:28
This one's just media exaggeration. Sure, he's pissed off, but that's about all I got from it.

Dave B
5th October 2007, 13:31
Good lord, talk about media spin. Pretty much every driver on the grid has expressed disatisfaction at some point in their career, most of them (except Ralf ;) ) are still around.

BDunnell
5th October 2007, 13:33
Am I alone in thinking that this thread title needs to be changed?

pino
5th October 2007, 13:36
Am I alone in thinking that this thread title needs to be changed?

You're not :p :

SEATFreak
5th October 2007, 13:36
No.

A good rename could be "serious media exaduration"!

Any title to sell a paper.

Ranger
5th October 2007, 13:38
It's not a rumour at all! It was an off-handed comment out of frustration.

markabilly
5th October 2007, 13:38
What I saw it looks like it has to do with the safety car incident and the claim there is to be no investigation

ArrowsFA1
5th October 2007, 13:42
Good lord, talk about media spin.
Spot on Dave :up:

BDunnell
5th October 2007, 13:44
It's not a rumour at all! It was an off-handed comment out of frustration.

Indeed.

markabilly
5th October 2007, 13:45
from Planet f1, presumably involving BBC:

And Hamilton admitted he is getting fed up with the continuous distractions off the track and could even end up walking away from the sport.

"I had a good weekend, I don't think I put a foot wrong and I didn't do anything to harm anyone else or put anyone else in danger but I've come away to China and no doubt I'm going to be punished for something," he added.

"I just think it's a real shame for the sport.

"Formula One is supposed to be about hard competition, fair and that's what I've tried to do this year, just be fair.

"If I've been in the wrong, I've been the first to put my hand up, or apologise at least, and I don't mind being given a penalty but there's been some really strange situations this year where I'm made to look the bad person or by the looks of it this weekend could be given a penalty.

"It's just a shame for the sport and if this is the way it's going to keep going then it's probably not somewhere I really want to be."

From BBC
According to BBC commentator David Croft, reports of an 'investigation' are inaccurate.

"We're now being told it's not really an investigation. But that the three drivers have been called in to see the stewards," Croft told BBC Radio Five Live.
"It's where the story of the investigation are being spun from. We've never been categorically told by the stewards that they are investigating what happened.

"Lewis should be completely in the clear. But why was that story put around that there would be an investigation? Is that trying to destabilise a man that has come here to win a world title?"

ArrowsFA1
5th October 2007, 13:50
Hamilton's comments rather reflect those made by Fernando Alonso after he was absurdly punished for "blocking" Massa's quali lap at Monza. There was genuine frustration in Alonso's comments then, as there are in Hamilton's now.

5th October 2007, 13:53
"Formula One's supposed to be about hard, fair competition"

I do believe the term "naive" could be used here.....except I don't think that somebody of Hamilton's character & intelligence is naive, so I would be more inclined to use the terms "propaganda" & "bollocks".

If F1 is about fair competition, it's a new one to me.

5th October 2007, 13:55
Hamilton's comments rather reflect those made by Fernando Alonso after he was absurdly punished for "blocking" Massa's quali lap at Monza. There was genuine frustration in Alonso's comments then, as there are in Hamilton's now.

To be fair to Fernando, seeing how this is a "fair" competition, there is a major difference between blocking and actually causing an accident through bad driving.

ArrowsFA1
5th October 2007, 14:22
To be fair to Fernando, seeing how this is a "fair" competition, there is a major difference between blocking and actually causing an accident through bad driving.
I'm not comparing the incidents.

555-04Q2
5th October 2007, 15:44
I dont blame the guy if he wants to quit. All he wants to do is race, not put up with all the petty and pathetic politics that go with the sport these days. F1 really has become a second rate racing formula if this is what we are going to have to continually put up with in the future. Spy scandals, stupid "incident" investigations blah blah blah blah.....what a joke if you ask me.

nightingalecars
5th October 2007, 15:54
I dont blame the guy if he wants to quit. All he wants to do is race, not put up with all the petty and pathetic politics that go with the sport these days. F1 really has become a second rate racing formula if this is what we are going to have to continually put up with in the future. Spy scandals, stupid "incident" investigations blah blah blah blah.....what a joke if you ask me.

Starting to think the same way. It's not the same now I watch my team win a race and all you can think of is that's good as long as we get to keep the points etc!. It's like playing a game of football for 90 minutes winning then waiting for 3 days to see how many goals you were allowed

jens
5th October 2007, 16:00
Is Hamilton was not punished for the incident, then I guess he has calmed down and doesn't think about quitting any more. :)

rohanweb
5th October 2007, 16:07
bad day for media once again..
well sunday papers will make money of out of this story this week end ;)

i m glad its all over..

Lets start to pour the congratulations to LH winning the WDC ..long since Damon Hill.. one of many titles to come from LH.
you make us all proud!!!

ioan
5th October 2007, 16:10
If it's a spin put on by the media than it's pretty poor one.
If it's true it's pathetic.

markabilly
5th October 2007, 16:13
Naw, he got to thinking "I wonder how many girls I could get with a 100 million in my bank account so I better not.... but gee, I mouth off with a little whining, and everyone gets so worried....just shows I am the 100 million pound gorrilla in the forest, cause all i have to do is say something like I have had enough, and everyone freaks....not even MS could do that!!!!"

Crypt
5th October 2007, 19:10
My tribute to that media vomitus.

:arrows:

Flat.tyres
5th October 2007, 20:12
It would be nice to just have some good old fashioned racing again which is what I think Lewis is saying.

All the politics, accusations, counter accusations and penalties is ruining the sport.

Is it naieve to want reces won on the track and not in the Law Ciurt?