PDA

View Full Version : What's your current addiction?

Daniel
5th October 2007, 11:33
It could be food, drink, a particular music CD, a TV program or anything. Tell us what it is, why you're addicted and what your exit strategy for weening yourself off is.

My current addiction is Team Fortress 2 which is a computer game.

http://orange.half-life2.com/tf2.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaF638MBSAE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Fortress_2

It's just ridiculously fun to play :mark: It's done in a very cartoony style and seems to be a little easier on slower PC's than other modern games which concentrate on getting each individual hair on the heroine's hair rendered perfectly and looking nice rather than making the game enjoyable to play :dozey: I think it's going to be available on XBox 360 and PS3 for those who can't be bothered with a proper PC :p

At present I have no intention to ween myself off until something else comes along to replace it or Caroline tells me to stop playing :p

millencolin
5th October 2007, 12:14
red bull... have been for years... cant get over it

janneppi
5th October 2007, 13:23
Bubbels, the most addictive flash game ever.
http://www.funnygames.nl/spelletjes/803_1.html

Been playing it for three years now. :(

LeonBrooke
5th October 2007, 13:35
Definitely Red Bull. And Metallica.

gadjo_dilo
5th October 2007, 13:39
I'm addicted to watching videos on youtube when I'm at work.

Because:
- My colleagues are boring and I can't talk with them
- There are many songs I liked in my youth and at that time I couldn't watch the videos
- It's a possibility to watch the latest short movies of the talented romanian directors
- Since the guys at work are getting on my nerves it's also a possibility to annoy them by playing old music

Erki
5th October 2007, 13:54
I have no addiction. WTF. :confused:

BDunnell
5th October 2007, 14:02
Apart from a cocktail of prescription drugs, I can't get enough of Murder She Wrote and Bergerac at the moment.

Daniel
5th October 2007, 14:05
Apart from a cocktail of prescription drugs, I can't get enough of Murder She Wrote and Bergerac at the moment.
Got any morphine? :erm: Daniel likes morphine :p

schmenke
5th October 2007, 14:34
Been playing Civ III for years now :mark:

Daniel
5th October 2007, 14:38
Man I used to love Civ1 but it didn't want to work properly with regards to sound on XP :( The sound makes it :D

schmenke
5th October 2007, 14:43
I recently tried Civ IV but it won't play properly on my PC :bigcry:

fandango
5th October 2007, 15:06

Jaysus, they must be strong drugs :)

I don't really have an addiction at the moment, not enough time with small kids. No wait, I bought a kite for them over the Summer, and I must admit that while they like it really it's me who does most of the flying. It's a simple, one-string, Winnie-The-Pooh kite, so now I want to move on to a two-string, swooping, loop-the-loop idea.

Drew
5th October 2007, 16:33
Youtube and stumble upon http://www.stumbleupon.com/

jens
5th October 2007, 16:39
I'm addicted to listening the radio. :p :

Caroline
5th October 2007, 16:59
Ben and Jerrys ice cream. It's very good.

GridGirl
5th October 2007, 17:47
Rollo's and not the forum member. :p I hadn't had any for years and recently discovered them again. Now I have to limit myself to one packet per day it they contain 300 calories! :o

SOD
5th October 2007, 17:51
internet. sigh

Mintexmemory
5th October 2007, 18:28
And betting on top 8 finishers in GPs :o

A.F.F.
5th October 2007, 18:30
Pizza. I loooooooooooooooove pizza.

Crypt
5th October 2007, 18:50
Porsche.

race aficionado
5th October 2007, 19:15
sex, drugs and Rock & Roll

;)

oily oaf
5th October 2007, 19:22
sex, drugs and Rock & Roll

;)

Is all my brain and body needs
Sex and drugs and rock an' roll
Is very good indeed

Ian Drury (Cockney Icon )

slinkster
5th October 2007, 19:23
My latest addiction are these little Japanese biscuits in the shape of Koalas that I got from Japan. I'm on my last box and I'm having to ration them!

jim mcglinchey
5th October 2007, 19:37
Ian Drury (Cockney Icon )

Youre confusing the great man with The Virginian.....or youre spending too much time with theatrical luvvies.

Woodeye
5th October 2007, 19:48
Gym. Because of that my back is totally wrecked at the moment but still I would like to go to gym. That's a bit stupid I guess. :D

KILOHMUNNS
5th October 2007, 20:04
Ebay. Can't stop using it for the last couple of years. Thankfully most of the things I collect I have, and I can't sell much more without the wife noticing!! :p

Also I have found the wonderful delights of Pickems. Appart from this week beacuse I've been too busy at work. BAH

CarlMetro
5th October 2007, 20:24
Monopoly on my phone and coffee, especially Costa Coffee latte :lips:

MrJan
5th October 2007, 20:35
Never go too long without alcohol but I wouldn't say I'm addicted. I think I might actually have a problem with coffee though, if I don't have a cup I get a really bad headache :mark:

Sleeper
5th October 2007, 21:56
Epica's latest album, The Divine Conspiracy

Plus, the TV series Battlestar Galactica (the new one), I just keep rewatching it.

CCFanatic
5th October 2007, 22:06
Booz, cheap women, and crappy video games.

JK! Online Poker and football fills my time and addiction. Go SPARTY!

Iain
5th October 2007, 22:29
Caffeine and sub rolls.

Rollo
5th October 2007, 23:41
Rollo's and not the forum member. :p I hadn't had any for years and recently discovered them again. Now I have to limit myself to one packet per day it they contain 300 calories! :o

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b5/Rolos.jpg/250px-Rolos.jpg

The chockie is spelt Rolo, but being addicted to me is perfectly understandable. Though I do warn you, I do cause a temporary loss of sanity.

Ian McC
6th October 2007, 01:26
Bubbels, the most addictive flash game ever.
http://www.funnygames.nl/spelletjes/803_1.html

Been playing it for three years now. :(

:mad:

Curse you for introducing me to this bloody game