PDA

View Full Version : weird question?

allycat228
5th October 2007, 00:52
can you replace letter's on a laptop keyboard as i have burnt the letters KLand< i can still use them but it looks auful, I have had this laptop about 2 weeks because i spilt wine on the last one and fried it,

please can anyone help

RaceFanStan
5th October 2007, 02:22
It seems some people can't be trusted to drink or smoke without assistance ..... http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/00.gif

Mark
5th October 2007, 10:32
Yes you can replace keys. Sourcing them is going to be your problem. The manufacturer is the obvious starting place.

Daniel
5th October 2007, 15:35
Yes you can but I wouldn't as you're more likely to break the keyboard. How do you mean burnt? Do you mean they've rubbed off? Or do you mean cigarette burns as Stan suggested? Main problem is going to be finding a donor keyboard and that will be nearly impossible.

SEATFreak
5th October 2007, 16:38
If you get an PC with an infrared wireless mouse and keyboard and that keyboard gets broken would a new infrared wireless keyboard be compatible providing you install the driver CD that may come with it?

May be worth going to an Independent retailer and treating yourself to a custom-made package rather than PC World or Dixons and getting a pre assembled package (VDU, Wireless Keyboard w/mouse, and Hard-drive).

I did it (Falcon Computers near to the Sunderland Stadium of Light) and it is a million times better than my old PC. A Packard Bell w/Windows 98' bought from Dixons in 1998.

Daniel
5th October 2007, 16:48
SEATFreak. It's a brand new laptop. He doen't want to buy a new one just because of a couple of keys :mark:

allycat228
7th October 2007, 02:21
Excuse me I am a girl not a bloke, how many lads do you know with the name allycat?

Daniel
7th October 2007, 02:42
Sorry my apologies. TBH the name doesn't give away your sex ;)