PDA

View Full Version : [OT] BatRacer time again?

darknessrock
4th October 2007, 22:04
Hi all,
Now it's "off-season", I've started up a new batracer game, using the Aussie V8's. (Hope you're happy now PitKid!!! :) :) :) ),
If you haven't played before, it's a fun racing series where you run a car, and look after your setup and driving style.
Here's how to join.....

Players will need to be registered and logged in before they can enter the private game. If you're not yet a member of BatRacer, sign up first at...

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?6qv

When logged in, clicking the following URL will take you to the join game page:

http://batracer.com/-cj?&D&18925 password "rockingham"

Alternativly, you can select "private games" from the menu and enter the number "18925" into the box. The game password is "rockingham". Take care not to accidentally join a public game by mistake.
Hope to see you there.. Have fun!!!!

Dave17
5th October 2007, 17:21
It may be off season to you but I hav'nt hung the Probans up yet....

Keep posting when new games are starting and i'll join in around November!

darknessrock
6th October 2007, 23:37
We need another 5 drivers.. any takers???

Jordygirl
7th October 2007, 10:17
I've got 3 Batracing series on at the moment, and will be off on holiday at the end of the month. Keep me informed of the next series and I'll join you :wave:

Sticker Rub
7th October 2007, 11:22
If you're going to signup, please join an existing team. There's nothing more frustrating than struggling through without the benefit of a team mate.

LessThanSte
7th October 2007, 22:15
I have made my long awaited return, ready to anchor Team Betta Electrical to yet another victory.

Rock on!

Nick Brad
7th October 2007, 22:44
I had a little play around on this a few months back, but the constant demands for time were too much to be competitive and I got fed up with being booted if I missed a couple of days. I have a real life and until they start having races every few days instead of every other day with qualifying on the alternate days, I shalln't be starting back up. :dozey:

darknessrock
7th October 2007, 23:29
I had a little play around on this a few months back, but the constant demands for time were too much to be competitive and I got fed up with being booted if I missed a couple of days. I have a real life and until they start having races every few days instead of every other day with qualifying on the alternate days, I shalln't be starting back up. :dozey:

It only takes 5 minutes a day, it's not that demanding really, as you can do your setup anytime in the 24 hours between sessions.

darknessrock
7th October 2007, 23:31
I've got 3 Batracing series on at the moment, and will be off on holiday at the end of the month. Keep me informed of the next series and I'll join you :wave:

But aren't you allowed to run 4 at once?? I know it will get confusing, but it wont be the same without you JG...

Jordygirl
8th October 2007, 10:53
But aren't you allowed to run 4 at once?? I know it will get confusing, but it wont be the same without you JG...

I've got the game slots, but being away for a week means I'll have to go into 'holiday mode' or get someone else to do my set ups. Confusing it can be, especially if you're running in F1, BTCC & Le Mans Endurance simultaneously, but it all sorts its self out somehow ! Have learnt a few tips over a summer of racing so be warned, I could be a force to be reckoned with, or there again maybe not :rotflmao:

Nick Brad
8th October 2007, 22:13
It only takes 5 minutes a day, it's not that demanding really, as you can do your setup anytime in the 24 hours between sessions.

There is that, although I tended to spend around half an hr per day on each series, sometimes more if I had a co operative team mate, like I say, I got sick of being penalised for having a busy couple of days or being away from the pc for a weekend.

darknessrock
9th October 2007, 19:57
I'm going to wait until Friday, then post the race on the Batracer forum, to try and get a fuller grid, so if you're thinking of signing up, or inviting friends to join, please do it this week.. Hoping to start racing Sunday Night.

Nick Brad
12th October 2007, 15:01
Now signed up, looking for a Teamie in the Garry Rogers Motorsport team.

Henry Cutts
12th October 2007, 15:51
Now signed up, looking for a Teamie in the Garry Rogers Motorsport team.

I will be your team mate!

Nick Brad
12th October 2007, 17:57
Sign up then Henry and join the team. I'll give you a base setup once you've joined before you do your first run.

Nick Brad
24th October 2007, 22:24
Well, that lasted long, I can no longer access Batracer unless I upgrade to KoolTools, like hell am I willing to do that!

You know what, screw 'em, they want to try and rip people off by forcing them to buy a licence then that's up to them, I want nothing more to do with it. In future, if there's going to be "fun" off season events for the forum, they'll have to be free or I'm not interested. :mad:

Speedworx
24th October 2007, 22:57
Its only a temp issue:

Lots of webgames have caps for the free players. In fact, the ones I've seen appear to have been a means specifically to encourage people to upgrade.

This is not the case here, in fact we dont even have a cap. Only when the server is slowing up to a critical level do we switch to a capped mode. It makes sense to give priority to players that have actually put money towards the game. This is as an alternative to the downtime message which people have been becoming all too familiar with. You may even see that message at the same time during particulary heavy times whilst it tries to sort itself out.

I am still trying to improve matters in speed terms, this should make the heavy load messages appear less and less to the point where it doesn't appear at all. We have gone from 14 incidents two days ago to 5 yesterday and just 2 so far today.

Far from being a means to encourage people to get KT, the current server performance issue has the opposite effect and dramatically reduces the rate at which players donate at a time when bandwidth costs soar with a heavily loaded server.

Thats from Jules the guy who owns the whole thing.

darknessrock
25th October 2007, 23:46
Thanks for posting that speedworx, Nick... have you tried e-mailing or pm'ing jules at batracer hq, i'm sure he'll get you sorted. Maybe try when you've cooled off :) this off season "fun" has always been free, if i'd known charges were going to be involved, I'd have said at the start. "forcing people to buy a licence" is not the way with batracer,,, ok, you may get banned for having multiple accounts from the same IP address, and then have to pay to unlock them, but for a single user on one PC it is free. As they had a big increase in users lately, maybe they thought the only option was to allow KT members only to sign up whilst bandwith was an issue, and now the problem is sorted, hopefully you'll be back on soon.

deadsquirrel
26th October 2007, 12:13
well, having signed up for this game, I've not been near it to participate - although that probably means I'm doing better! ;)

Sorry if this is causing anyone grief, but hopefully I'll be able to join in again soon!

Sticker Rub
26th October 2007, 18:52
well, having signed up for this game, I've not been near it to participate - although that probably means I'm doing better! ;)

Sorry if this is causing anyone grief, but hopefully I'll be able to join in again soon!

You're beating me! :bounce: I'd stay away if I was you, 11th without trying is pretty respectable.