PDA

View Full Version : I squealed like a girl!

Hazell B
3rd October 2007, 22:05
After yesterday's 'what disgusts you?' thread, what last made you scream, squeal or yelp?

Myself and the dogs heard something stir in the hedge this morning, so I shouted them to "fetch the big mousie" while I stayed well back. Something ran out, in to another field, via some plant beds full of large shrubs in pots. Following hot on it's tail, Naburn the dog and I began searching for what we guessed was the remaining refugee rat. Kipper just brought us his pink piggy soft toy, the ruddy moron :rolleyes:

Anyway, after a good deal of looking, Naburn found the rat under a water tank. My partner frightened it out with a shovel, aiming to chase it straight to a waiting Naburn.

Only the rat ran full pelt at me! :s

Yes, I squealed.

I'm now out of the rat baiting business :mark:

Ian McC
3rd October 2007, 22:06
Errr, I hate to break it to you Hazell.......

but

You are a girl!

:p :

CarlMetro
3rd October 2007, 22:16
You're only saying that because she's up the other end of the country, if she was close you wouldn't be so brave :p :

Hazell B
3rd October 2007, 22:23
Okay, I'll admit to being mildly girlie at times.
But only when faced with either a rat, too much Guiness or Ian McC :p :

All three would kill me :mark:

Hondo
3rd October 2007, 22:33
Funny how a revolver loaded with .45 Long Colt snake loads will stop even the most determined charging rat in its tracks. Get one at a store near you.

Hazell B
3rd October 2007, 22:57
Funny you should say that, I instantly demanded Mick buy me a large gun so I could shoot any more rodents attempting to settle on my yard. He said no.

He knows my temper. I think he values his own life above a rats :p :

Hondo
3rd October 2007, 23:35
I don't know whats allowed in the UK, but a small bore shotgun like a .410 over here with light field loads would suffice for rodents. At any sort of distance chances are that Mick wouldn't take a lethal hit and quite frankly, might look quite stunning with an eye patch.

LotusElise
4th October 2007, 10:16
Too much mess!

My dad used to hunt rats with a cricket bat in the garden.

Donney
4th October 2007, 10:49
After yesterday's 'what disgusts you?' thread, what last made you scream, squeal or yelp?

Myself and the dogs heard something stir in the hedge this morning, so I shouted them to "fetch the big mousie" (...) Kipper just brought us his pink piggy soft toy, the ruddy moron :rolleyes:

Anyway, (...)
I'm now out of the rat baiting business :mark:

That is pure genius. :laugh:

RaceFanStan
4th October 2007, 14:58
1st it was frogs, then squirrels & now rats !
I wonder what is next. :laugh:

Eki
4th October 2007, 15:08
Following hot on it's tail, Naburn the dog and I began searching for what we guessed was the remaining refugee rat. Kipper just brought us his pink piggy soft toy, the ruddy moron :rolleyes:

:laugh: I guess we can rule out Kipper from the list of suspects in the "I Smell a Rat" murder mystery. My guess is still Mick the butler.

Ian McC
4th October 2007, 15:29
Okay, I'll admit to being mildly girlie at times.
But only when faced with either a rat, too much Guiness or Ian McC :p :

All three would kill me

I scare you?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :laugh: :rotflmao:

Hazell B
4th October 2007, 22:27
:laugh: I guess we can rule out Kipper from the list of suspects in the "I Smell a Rat" murder mystery. My guess is still Mick the butler.

No, Kipper's still favourite. He's just far too lazy (and well bred) to bother hunting for his own prey. Instead he sends idiots like me and Naburn to flush the beastie out for him. Today he took pink piggy on a mouse hunt then just watched Naburn catch the mouse :rolleyes:

Yes McC, my fear of you runs deep :D

So, nobody's going to admit they've been startled in to a scream?
Pah! I bet you've all shouted your head off at a spider or two :mark:

allycat228
5th October 2007, 00:44
I scream when the RAF come screaming over and i am under tree's or something like that, (i am more scared of something jumping out at me than the planes, when i can not hear them!)

Crypt
5th October 2007, 01:06
R.O.U.S.es

You can find them in the Fire Swamp.

RaceFanStan
5th October 2007, 02:28
So, nobody's going to admit they've been startled in to a scream?
............................. :mark:
I once saw a ghost, it was right behind me but I didn't scream .....
I turned around & punched the thing in his ice cold face & then he vanished. :eek:

LotusElise
5th October 2007, 10:34
A cat ran over my foot in a shed once. I did scream really loudly because I thought it was a great big rat until I saw it. It was next door's ginger tom.

LeonBrooke
5th October 2007, 13:34
I was on a night shift at the hospital, when I was in the equipment room preparing a dressing trolley. One of my colleagues came running into the room yelling "BOO!"

I screamed like a girl and got teased about it for a week...