PDA

View Full Version : Jim'll Fix It For You!

GridGirl
3rd October 2007, 19:29
Which tv show did you really want to go on when you were a kid and what would you like to go on now?

My local radio station has had presenters from kids tv shows on every day this week. Yesterday it was Timmy Mallet which reminded me of when one of my school friends went on Wacaday and played Mallets Mallet. We we're all dead jealous of her at the time.

I wasn't too bothered about Jim'll Fix it, and Blue Peter was for geeks but what I really wanted to go on was Fun House with Pat Sharp and the twins. The Go Karting looked fun and I really really wanted to go in the Fun House to win all the prizes at the end.

Think I'm a bit too old for kids tv now, but if I were to pick a tv show to go on now it would have to be Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway. More specifically, I would really like to ride the Jiggy Bank. :D

Hazell B
3rd October 2007, 21:25
You just beat me to saying the Jiggy Bank :)

As a kid I didn't watch much TV after about six years' old, when Trumpton lost it's appeal, but I do remember watching things like Why Don't You and wanting to join in some of the stuff.

Now almost any show where I could win cash in large amounts would be great :D Failing that, Grand Designs if I ever build a house or Dog Borstal if I get stuck with a dog training problem.

CarlMetro
3rd October 2007, 22:22
I always wanted to go on Runaround with Mike Read (RIP) It seemed like the best place to be. I also wanted to go and visit the Blue Peter garden, don't know why really, it just always appealed :s

These days if I had to chose then it would have to be Top Gear or a live X Factor so that I could land a right hook on Simon Cowells smug face, like so many other people want to do.

LeonBrooke
3rd October 2007, 22:44
When I was a kid there was a show called What Now which had games and quizzes for kids as well as phone-in competitions. This really confused me because I'd never heard of live TV. I assumed that it had all been pre-arranged with certain kids to phone in while they were recording :dozey:

These days Top Gear.

LotusElise
4th October 2007, 11:01
Now almost any show where I could win cash in large amounts would be great :D Failing that, Grand Designs if I ever build a house or Dog Borstal if I get stuck with a dog training problem.

I wish Dog Borstal had existed when my neurotic Staffy cross was still walking this Earth. It would have been interesting to see how Mic dealt with Scampi's bizarre fear of people wearing hats and habit of trying to climb in the waste paper basket when scared by something.
I always quite fancied going on Finders Keepers or Motormouth, the Saturday morning show. Through school, I did make an appearance on the kids' nature programme Caterpillar Trail, but it wasn't the same.

Drew
4th October 2007, 12:21
I used to have a crush on Emma Forbes, so Live and Kicking :p :

GridGirl
4th October 2007, 19:25
Ohh I forgot about Top gear. I would also have like to have gone on Supermaket Sweep. :D

SOD
4th October 2007, 20:27
My brothers & did appear on "Anything Goes" on RTE in the 1980s. :D

allycat228
5th October 2007, 01:16
If i remember rightly we are the champions, i was on a blue peter bring and buy sale once

Caroline
9th October 2007, 21:17
Blockbusters. Bob Holness was (is?) cool.