PDA

View Full Version : Pit/Paddock charges

acorn
31st December 2006, 13:02
Just noticed this on Rockingham's website in the details for their platinum package for the BTCC meeting:

"Package includes:-

Entrance ticket to the circuit and hospitality suite*

*Pit/paddock passes are an additional charge "

I'm wondering if this is an error as I can't remember the last time they made an additional charge for pit/paddock entry at Rockingham. Is this the norm at other circuits that the BTCC visits?

BeansBeansBeans
31st December 2006, 13:09
Paddock access is usually free, and there is also usually free entry to the pit lane for a short time.

Iain
31st December 2006, 14:21
There's a charge at Thruxton. Everywhere else is free. Brands you can't access at all, unless you have the appropriate passes.

cookingfat
31st December 2006, 14:34
There's a charge at Thruxton. Everywhere else is free.

And everywhere it's free, the paddock is a nightmare!

Why shouldn't they charge for paddock access?

BeansBeansBeans
31st December 2006, 15:02
Why shouldn't they charge for paddock access?

A fair question. I always remembered being charged to gain entry in my youth, but it's been free in recent seasons. I'd be prepared to pay a fee to enter the paddock, as it's one of the highlights of the day for me.

Les
31st December 2006, 15:19
that seems fair to me - charge for access if you want it. I just get so annoyed with Brands.

Ian McC
31st December 2006, 16:14
I just get so annoyed with Brands.

Brands is not well designed, you cant gain access to it during races and it is very small.

Iain
31st December 2006, 18:39
The Brands paddock is very cramped, even when it's pass holders only in there. I like it though. It's handy when you're looking for somebody or have arranged to meet someone, as there aren't many places to hide! :p :