PDA

View Full Version : BTCC winner is ?

maltesers
2nd October 2007, 23:00
final rounds are coming soon. Who do you think is going to win this year championship? I vote Jason Plato :)

I love SEAT :p

Captain VXR
3rd October 2007, 16:23
plato cos im a pessimistic guy

SEATFreak
3rd October 2007, 17:21
It ain't the end of the world I am sure if SEAT have two poor practise sessions and a poor qualification.

But I have a horrid premonition that if they perform poorly in just once race it may result in the whole season going tits up for the team and that will be very much it - another trophyless season over and done with for Jase' in the Drivers Championship or indeed for the team in the Teams Championship.

With the difference being what it is I fear they may not be able to afford so much as one slip up and that they will need to be ahead of the game the whole time. Especially if as I believe VXR are the kind of team that would be prepared to grasp any advantage. And why shouldn't they be? Surely they have more than enough experience and success behind them to know what it takes to take the title from SEAT.

WSRfan82
6th October 2007, 02:14
me think gio will win

ATF
6th October 2007, 11:33
Hopfully Gio - I think he deserves it more!

SEATFreak
6th October 2007, 12:56
Fabrizio certainly looks to have worked hard in racing all season if his form is anything to go by. Only 4 races outside of the top 6. Rounds 1 and 2 at Brands Hatch and 16 and 18 at Donny. That is so much better than Jase'.

But Fabizio does have a naturally faster car with it being a much larger saloon and not a squat hatchbck with a serious lack of downforce. The Leon's shape and lack of downforce is well known. Even if you aren't a petrol head.

So with the pace difference between the Leon and the Vectra in mind would he deserve it more when the Vectra is so much faster than the Leon? In terms of work-rate without question.

BTCC2
6th October 2007, 12:57
Fabrizio Giovanardi.

SEATFreak
6th October 2007, 14:22
How about a poll?

Fabrizio Giovanardi or Jason Plato.

As a fan of SEAT I don't want to appear bias but I am inclined to favour Jase. But I recognise how strong Fabrizio has been and how much stronger the Vectra has been.

Boy do SEAT need to switch to diesel in order to perhaps give them a bit of a boost next year!

Allyc85
6th October 2007, 21:29
Hopefully Gio :D

But as long as its entertaining im not that fussed!

BDunnell
6th October 2007, 22:02
The Vauxhall will have a definite advantage at Thruxton, but we know that others — the Dynamics Civics and Mike Jordan's Integra in particular — are pretty much on their pace at the circuit. They could very easily get involved.