PDA

View Full Version : 1994, 1996 and 2007

Mark
2nd October 2007, 08:45
What do they have in common?

Years where I've gotten up early in the morning hoping to see a British world champion.

I was disappointed in 1994 to say the least :p

Flat.tyres
2nd October 2007, 11:54

Years where I've gotten up early in the morning hoping to see a British world champion.

So, your ordering Chinese next Saturday or what :D

raikk
2nd October 2007, 18:04
2003-present the years I got up early (like4-5am ish) for every European race! I win :D :D ;)

Wilderness
2nd October 2007, 20:57

What about 1986?

Mark
3rd October 2007, 08:21
What about 1986?

Nope, I was 8 and hadn't discovered Formula 1 yet.

philipbain
3rd October 2007, 09:55
I got up to watch every single early morning race for about 15 years until I got Sky+ and now I just watch it as soon as i'm up, it also has the advantage that I can fast forward the ads!!

ShiftingGears
3rd October 2007, 10:21
I started watching since 2006 :D And have to put up with the prospect of races in my timezone being placed to cater for the European audience...

Thanks bernie!

SGWilko
3rd October 2007, 11:44
Started watching F1 on the BBC back in 1985 (first race I saw was Brands, and Mansell winning gave me the bug.

But sadly, in those days, you really only got a late night highlights program - Grand Prix - which if anything was great for Murray Walker and FM's the Chain!

Not missed that many races since then. Was gutted in '86 when the tyre blew, also in '87 when he knackered his back in qualifying.

I enjoyed seeing Mansell put the Judd Williams near the front of the grid on a regular basis, but hated its tendency to overheat. Silverstone that year was wet, which allowed our Nige to get 2nd.

The beautiful 640 JB ferrari in '89 and that magic first win, and the great drive in Hungary. The agony of the alternator drive belts keep coming off......

The Williams Renaults in '91 & '92 were just fantastic, and showed why Patrick head is a real boon to Frank's team.

Not surprisingly. '94 is when my respect for Schumi got flushed away, but that was a messy year full stop (Another FIA classic!)

We'll try not to mention '95 :erm:

'96, Murray's lump in the throat comment summed up that final race....

And here we are in '07, another chance, but a year to forget for the wrong reasons......., but we have still someone truly brilliant in Lewis, that boy could win as much as Schumi if the McLaren team can maintain their advantage.......

nigelred5
5th October 2007, 00:35
Hmmm, What does every year since 1978 have in common?

Been a looooong time since I had an american with a shot at the WDC. ;(

I've been up every sunday race morning since ESPN started showing F1 live in the early 80's. I kinda miss it when the races are in my time zone. Throws my whole day off. It was miserable waiting for highlight coverage on ABC or in Autoweek before that. How did we become race fans before Live TV and the internet ;)

Roamy
5th October 2007, 05:15
Mark - Stay in bed - is is getting DQ'd
But you may want to get up for Brazil

Mark
7th October 2007, 09:06
Arse.

Dave B
7th October 2007, 09:11
I was disappointed in 2007 to say the least :p