PDA

View Full Version : Fuel prices up again

Mark
1st October 2007, 13:30
Fuel duty is up by 2p today to 50.35p per litre

In April 2008 it will go up by another 2p to 52.35p per litre. Then a year later there will be a another 2p rise.

Don't forget that the duty is taxed with VAT so it's at least a 4.7p rise by April next year, and a 7p rise by 2009.

Iain
1st October 2007, 16:26
Ridiculous. :down:

CarlMetro
1st October 2007, 17:03
Oh well :rolleyes:

schmenke
1st October 2007, 17:20
I paid $.964CAD per litre yesterday (~ 47p per litre???). That's the first time in a long while that the price has been less than $1.00 per litre. Mind you, we have a holiday weekend coming up so the price is sure to climb before Friday :rolleyes:

Brown, Jon Brow
1st October 2007, 20:01
I paid $.964CAD per litre yesterday (~ 47p per litre???).

:bigcry:

Today I've seen regular Unleaded prices ranging from 93.7p per litre to 97.9p. If I had known about this rise I would probably filled up at the weekend.

Iain
1st October 2007, 21:17
Filled up at Morrisons tonight. Unleaded was 91.9p, diesel was 93.9p. I don't think that's increased at all from a week past Saturday when I last used that garage. Here's hoping they keep it like that.

Rollo
2nd October 2007, 02:07
Ridiculous. :down:

In return you get the best road network in the world bar none. Literally it is the best signposted, has the most stringent standards when it comes to road design and on a per mile basis is the best maintained.

I have driven all through Europe, North America, Australia, parts of Asia and make this assessment virtually unqualified. Remove the toll on the M6 and the congestion charge and I'd rate it even higher.

And yes, even with some of the cheapest petrol in the world in the US, they still complain of prices rises for "gas". Anything which hurts the hip pocket we hate it seems.

GridGirl
2nd October 2007, 07:31
There was a phone in on yesterday my local radio station about where you can still get cheap fuel. The general consensus from the people that work in Supermarket stations was that they will not rise their prices till Thursday.

Daniel
3rd October 2007, 09:22
I paid over a pound for Shell V-Power Diesel yesterday. Oh well :p Apparently it's supposed to be much much better than normal diesel :) We will soon see! :)

AndyRAC
3rd October 2007, 10:05
I paid over a pound for Shell V-Power Diesel yesterday. Oh well :p Apparently it's supposed to be much much better than normal diesel :) We will soon see! :)

But what car do you have?

I've wondered about buying a diesel,...

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd October 2007, 12:43
I filled up on regular Shell unleaded yesterday for 92.9/liter. Should last me for 4-5weeks :D

Don't those 'fancy' fuels only make a difference to your car if you have a high performance car?

Daniel
3rd October 2007, 14:03
But what car do you have?

I've wondered about buying a diesel,...
I've got a 406 1.9 turbo diesel. I'd definitely reccomend a diesel over most petrol cars these days.

Daniel
3rd October 2007, 14:12
I filled up on regular Shell unleaded yesterday for 92.9/liter. Should last me for 4-5weeks :D

Don't those 'fancy' fuels only make a difference to your car if you have a high performance car?
Definitely best for highly strung engines :) Although my old 504 in Australia which isn't exactly high performance loved running on BP Ultimate 98. I never used to put any additive in (it's meant to run on leaded fuel) and the valve seats were apparently in very good condition when the engine came out last year.

Daniel
3rd October 2007, 14:19
I forgot to mention it also went a lot further on a tank of proper fuel too! The 406 goes too far for me to really be able to tell you how much of a difference proper fuel makes. I think I did about 400 miles on 46 litres of diesel since friday though! But a fair bit of that driving has been done on fairly mountainous terrain though :)

Drew
5th October 2007, 19:08
98.9p a litre up here at tescos, ouch...

Iain
5th October 2007, 22:25
I find that with Tescos though. Unless they have cheap competition around, they'll charge a fortune. The local one here only has 2 BP garages as rivals, so they are quite expensive.

Daniel
5th October 2007, 23:28
I'd rather run my car on my own urine than use Tesco fuel :p

Iain
6th October 2007, 00:05
Yes, I don't like their petrol. It's a bit too petrol-ey.

Caroline
8th October 2007, 17:23
Yes, I don't like their petrol. It's a bit too petrol-ey.

Actually, in my experience they could do with a bit more petrol in their tanks and a little less of the crappy 'additives' that they use. Tesco petrol is a big no no. I wouldn't put it in my car unless I was really on empty.

Iain
8th October 2007, 18:26
Morrisons diesel up to 95.9p now. Bugger. :(

Malbec
8th October 2007, 19:59
How much did petrol cost per litre when they had the fuel protests?