PDA

View Full Version : Pointless cars

Iain
1st October 2007, 12:17
I give you...

The New Mini Clubman:
http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/M/mini/cooper-s-clubman/03-large/07-cooper-s-clubman-s-a.jpg

My dad had the original version back when I was born, complete with wooden straps on the rear end, but that was actually a Mini estate car. This one just has no purpose at all. :mark:

Mark
1st October 2007, 12:18
:rotflmao: That's one weird car!

jim mcglinchey
1st October 2007, 12:35
Whats happening rearwards of the doors? Are they RX8 type back doors?

Iain
1st October 2007, 12:42
There's one "suicide door" on the right hand side (handy for UK owners :dozey: ) and then two opening doors at the rear, like a van.

BDunnell
1st October 2007, 13:44
That is just awful. For me, though, the prize has to go to the Rover Streetwise. It was ugly, it was unsuccessful, it was just crap.

dime3
1st October 2007, 14:47
Who? What? How!! :eek:

Donney
1st October 2007, 14:55
Not nice, another contribution to ruin the legend.

Tomski
1st October 2007, 15:58
Just ask the BMW accountants if its a pointless car.

Iain
1st October 2007, 16:29
That is just awful. For me, though, the prize has to go to the Rover Streetwise. It was ugly, it was unsuccessful, it was just crap.

Yet it somehow spawned similar versions from other manufacturers such as the Citroen C3 XTR and the VW Polo Dune. :s

Woodeye
1st October 2007, 17:31
http://www.tuningblogger.de/uploaded_images/Mercedes_2006_G-Klasse_G55_AMG_Kompressor_grau_1

There you go. That's a pointless car.

Tomski
1st October 2007, 18:14
http://www.tuningblogger.de/uploaded_images/Mercedes_2006_G-Klasse_G55_AMG_Kompressor_grau_1

There you go. That's a pointless car.

Not if you're an overpaid, whinging footballer!

Will L
1st October 2007, 18:54
pointless cars top 3! :D

1 - Rover Streetwise
2 - any cadillac being sold in the UK
3 - VW Lupo :D

BDunnell
1st October 2007, 19:44
Yet it somehow spawned similar versions from other manufacturers such as the Citroen C3 XTR and the VW Polo Dune. :s

It does seem that there is a market for cars that sell to people who want to make themselves look silly, and tell the world that they have no taste.

Iain
1st October 2007, 21:16
BMW and Mercedes seem to be churning out pointless models at an alarming rate now. A 1-series coupe, the X3 and the X6 (an off roader coupe version of the X5). Then there's the Mercedes B Klasse and R Klasse. They don't seem to fit in with the rest of their range.

BDunnell
1st October 2007, 21:55
I think there's a magazine in this topic!

BeansBeansBeans
1st October 2007, 22:00
The most pointless car ever? Those small Citroens with the detachable roof elements so you can choose to have a coupe, a cabriolet or a hatchback.

CarlMetro
1st October 2007, 22:20
If we're talking about pointless cars surely anything that achieves a top speed in excess of 100mph is completely pointless, unless it has been designed for racetrack use only?

Daniel
1st October 2007, 22:21
The most pointless car ever? Those small Citroens with the detachable roof elements so you can choose to have a coupe, a cabriolet or a hatchback.
Pluriel. Yuck.

Daniel
1st October 2007, 22:22
If we're talking about pointless cars surely anything that achieves a top speed in excess of 100mph is completely pointless, unless it has been designed for racetrack use only?
So my 504 had a point but my 406 doesn't? :p

CarlMetro
1st October 2007, 22:37
All Peugeots are pointless :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
1st October 2007, 22:39

What if you visit Germany everyday?

The most pointless cars in my opinion.

Audi Q7
BMW X3
BMW X5
Lexus RX
Mercedes M-Class
Porsche Cayenne

I could go on :rolleyes:

BDunnell
1st October 2007, 22:44

Audi Q7
BMW X3
BMW X5
Lexus RX
Mercedes M-Class
Porsche Cayenne

And some of the most vulgar.

Daniel
2nd October 2007, 08:04
Ah :D Clears things up ;)

AndyRAC
2nd October 2007, 08:23
McLaren Mercedes are also pointless.......

.....Sorry!!!

BDunnell
2nd October 2007, 13:21
McLaren Mercedes are also pointless.......

:laugh:

Love it!

Hazell B
2nd October 2007, 20:09
Audi Q7
BMW X3
BMW X5
Lexus RX
Mercedes M-Class
Porsche Cayenne

They aren't pointless, they make some very, very insecure people feel important :p :

Actually, I'd have a Cayenne if I could afford one. They're cracking off road on the right tyres, etc and tow really well. Of course in my case it would soon be battered into a square shape by being driven into hedges and rocks, so perhaps it wouldn't count :mark:

Most soft roaders are pointless. Designed to do no job very well, they at least manage that if nothing else :)

BDunnell
2nd October 2007, 20:36
They aren't pointless, they make some very, very insecure people feel important :p :

:laugh:

Actually, I'd have a Cayenne if I could afford one. They're cracking off road on the right tyres, etc and tow really well. Of course in my case it would soon be battered into a square shape by being driven into hedges and rocks, so perhaps it wouldn't count :mark:

I would really like to see one in that sort of state after a few years — or, indeed, being used to carry straw bales or something. It's rather sad, in a way, that it would look so incongruous!

fandango
2nd October 2007, 20:57
Yes indeed, the Mini Clubman. Not very clubby, not very manly.

What about this, though. Rain, flies, general contempt, you're protected against nothing.

http://www.speedace.info/automotive_directory/car_images/smart_convertible.jpg

Hazell B
2nd October 2007, 21:11
ld really like to see one in that sort of state after a few years — or, indeed, being used to carry straw bales or something.

I've seen several towing horse trailers, full of screaming kids, small terriers and dirty saddles after an Event or Hunter Trail. Bet they're all spotless by ten the next morning though :mark:

BDunnell
2nd October 2007, 21:12
Yes indeed, the Mini Clubman. Not very clubby, not very manly.

What about this, though. Rain, flies, general contempt, you're protected against nothing.

http://www.speedace.info/automotive_directory/car_images/smart_convertible.jpg

Very good. That really is quite incredible.

CarlMetro
2nd October 2007, 22:06
I would really like to see one in that sort of state after a few years

Give it to Hazell and it would be like that in less than a week ;) :p :

Hazell B
3rd October 2007, 21:51
Tis true.
Not cleaned inside my Landie for over two years now. It smells absolutely rancid :mark:

Nobody would steal it, though :p :

COD
4th October 2007, 13:56

Not for all the carages trying to fix them :D

Crypt
4th October 2007, 22:31
I think there's a magazine in this topic!

There is a book you can snag on Amazon called "Crap Cars". Quite a lively read while dropping the kids off at the pool.

Camelopard
5th October 2007, 10:17
What if you visit Germany everyday?

Audi Q7
BMW X3
BMW X5
Lexus RX
Mercedes M-Class
Porsche Cayenne

Let's not forget the hummer in all it's various non-military guises. Great for taking the kids to school!