PDA

View Full Version : Well, I must have missed this the 1st time round

Steelrat
1st October 2007, 07:22
MOTORING: Racing Rivals
On: Channel 4 (104)
Date: Sunday 7th October 2007 (starting in 6 days)
Time: 07:30 to 08:00 (30 minutes long)

Racing Rivals takes a behind-the-scenes look at the UK's toughest professional racing series, the British Touring Car Championship, where the likes of Jason Plato and Darren Turner go bumper to bumper with Italy's Fabrizio Giovanardi and his young team mate, Tom Chilton. Featuring plenty of drama and incident, episode one sees the action from races at Brands Hatch and Rockingham. Presented by Nemone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=8544

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

Iain
1st October 2007, 11:17
I was wondering if we'd hear anymore about this. Hopefully it's got a balanced view of the series and it's not about the JPTCC.........

BDunnell
1st October 2007, 13:49
Who is Nemone?

Mark
1st October 2007, 14:02
The presenter! :p

Steelrat
1st October 2007, 15:25
It also seems a strange time to show it. It implies (to me) that it's just a filler and not worth people bothering with.

P

Iain
1st October 2007, 16:06
Who is Nemone?

She's a radio DJ, formerly on Radio 1, who never seems to be referred to by her surname.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/nemone/biog.shtml

I wouldn't call it a space filler, Steelrat. Channel 4 tends to put all it's motorsport output between 7am-8am at weekends nowadays.

inimitablestoo
1st October 2007, 20:01
Hardly likely to attract the casual viewer though, what with a certain Grand Prix that could just make motorsport history for a certain British megastar on at the same time on the other side... :s

Nem1, I believe, is one of the disc jockeys that the young people listen to on their me-pods, playing the latest tunes from the popular beat combos in the hit parade on the Light Programme. Why not tune in your wireless and boogie on down like those crazy cats?

SEATFreak
2nd October 2007, 08:34
It also seems a strange time to show it. It implies (to me) that it's just a filler and not worth people bothering with.

P

As a fan of SEAT (Were you aware of that? :laugh: :) ) I can catagorically say I am very much bothered with it and I will set my DVD recorder.

Most of the people that wouldn't be bothered with it are used to far better than a series of a half hour documentary on Channel 4.

Not for followers like me. I have always wanted to know how they set up the suspension or the seqential thingy.

SEAN-B.
2nd October 2007, 09:29
Unfortunately,I believe most people do not even know the BTCC series exists,here in the states.As I have stated in the past,I truly believe (along side our own SPEED WCTC of course) the BTCC has some of the best racing in the world!It's unfortunate that most of my fellow Americans can't see past our borders when it comes to sports in general.

PDS
2nd October 2007, 15:45
It's unfortunate that most of my fellow Americans can't see past our borders when it comes to sports in general.

But, unfortunately, isn't that the 'American Way'?

BDunnell
2nd October 2007, 16:16
Nem1, I believe, is one of the disc jockeys that the young people listen to on their me-pods, playing the latest tunes from the popular beat combos in the hit parade on the Light Programme. Why not tune in your wireless and boogie on down like those crazy cats?

Alas, I'm not sure my wireless set has Radio 1 on it.

PDS
2nd October 2007, 17:10
Wasn't 'Racing Rivals' the title of a previous racing programme that covered the Clio cup in about 2002?

inimitablestoo
2nd October 2007, 17:35
It was actually the Seat Cupra Cup in its early arrive-and-drive days, although some episodes turned up rather bizarrely last year on the now defunct (as of yesterday) ftn Freeview channel...

Iain
2nd October 2007, 21:23
Yep, made by the same company who are making this version.

suzy m
3rd October 2007, 19:08
Oh boogery.

Wonder if it'll be repeated at all as dvd recorder is otherwise engaged and I'm busy. :s

Steelrat
3rd October 2007, 20:01
Oh boogery.

Wonder if it'll be repeated at all as dvd recorder is otherwise engaged and I'm busy. :s

Well, if the dvd recorder is otherwise engaged in the early hours of the following Saturday morning, I think we should be told what it is you're recording, hmm?

MOTORING: Racing Rivals
On: Channel 4 (104)
Date: Saturday 13th October 2007 (starting in 9 days)
Time: 04:00 to 04:30 (30 minutes long) (Repeat)

suzy m
3rd October 2007, 22:18
Well, if the dvd recorder is otherwise engaged in the early hours of the following Saturday morning, I think we should be told what it is you're recording, hmm?

Cheers for that!

This weekend DVD recorder will be busy with ALMS at Petit Le Mans, which finishes at around 2am I think, but it'll take up the whole disc and I won't be at home to change it. :p :

SEATFreak
4th October 2007, 08:22
I have a rather simple case.

I won't need to record any repeats as I only have Freeview and so the only racing I get to see other than the BTCC on ITV1 is NASCAR on FiveUS which I don't watch (Talk about a bore-a-thon!! :s nore: ) and won't be going away for my hols till next Wednesday so I am fine recording the first episode this Sunday. So it is only next Sunday when I am going to need to set the DVD recorder. I won't return till the next Saturday after the second episode.

BeeJ_UK
5th October 2007, 12:40
I hope my Sky + does not throw a wobbler like it did for the Jap GP qually

tisme
5th October 2007, 20:57
I have a rather simple case.

I won't need to record any repeats as I only have Freeview and so the only racing I get to see other than the BTCC on ITV1 is NASCAR on FiveUS which I don't watch (Talk about a bore-a-thon!! :s nore: )

So, don't you watch the WTCC on 4 or the Australian V8 Supercars on Five?

inimitablestoo
5th October 2007, 21:00
We had a problem with our Freeview box too, but that was totally isolated to ITV3, which would record perfectly - apart from the lack of sound! :cry: Thankfully the presence of the rugby meant the ITV1 repeat wasn't too far away. And a quick rescanning of channels has restored the sound...

Iain
7th October 2007, 20:06
It was a rather poor show this morning. Not much depth to it at all.

Steelrat
7th October 2007, 20:21
It was a rather poor show this morning. Not much depth to it at all.

Basically, that's what I was worried about when I said the time implied that it was a filler. It's only 1/2 an hour, well, less as there were adverts, covering two race weekends. If they'd dropped the racing clips and concentrated on, say, 2 or 3 of the drivers to follow them through the season I think it'd been more interesting.

I suppose we can assume it's trying to pique non-fans interest .....

Anyway, I'll still watch it ...

P

Iain
7th October 2007, 21:21
It was definitely aimed at the potential new fan, as you could tell from the guide at the start which said the cars were "souped-up". :mark:

I'm a bit pedantic when it comes to inaccuracies in programmes. They had "Matt Jackson" racing for "Jacson Motorsport" and they mistakenly titled WSR engineer Geoff Kingston as "Mike Ewan, West Surrey Team Manager". :s

inimitablestoo
8th October 2007, 19:52
Put it this way, I'd recorded it (Grand Prix on, see earlier) and very soon fast-forwarded through it to see the Formula 3 programme that followed...

Dave B
15th October 2007, 10:06
I'm a bit pedantic when it comes to inaccuracies in programmes. They had "Matt Jackson" racing for "Jacson Motorsport" and they mistakenly titled WSR engineer Geoff Kingston as "Mike Ewan, West Surrey Team Manager". :s
This week they called Tom Chilton's trainer Bernie Shrosbree "Shrewsbury". Still, it's good to see more tin-tops on t'telly.