PDA

View Full Version : Lassie movies, did you cry or not?

A.F.F.
30th September 2007, 17:36
I cried but not in public. In public I always had something in my eye.

walrus81
30th September 2007, 17:42
I still haven't seen a Lassie movie.

Erki
30th September 2007, 18:30
I changed the channel. :p

No, I think I haven't even seen a Lassie movie. :\

jso1985
30th September 2007, 20:30
wasn't Lassie only a TV show? :mark:

ChrisS
30th September 2007, 21:37
I used to cry when there was something better on TV and yet I had to watch a Lassie movie because everyone else was watching it. ;)

GridGirl
30th September 2007, 21:37
Nope, I never cried. I really didn't like Lassie movies or the TV show's at all to be honest.

A.F.F.
1st October 2007, 08:06
Ok, I see what's happening here. You who posted here are the only ones lacking sensitive feelings and all the rest of the forum members are just too ashamed to admit they cried too. :p : Lassie ******* rules.

LotusElise
1st October 2007, 10:04
I've never seen a Lassie movie. The TV series never made me cry though.

janneppi
1st October 2007, 10:04
Did you know that another Lassie ran the new world marathon record last weekend? ;)

slinkster
1st October 2007, 10:27
I don't think I've ever seen an entire Lassie film or tv programme. I remember it being on tv on a saturday though sometimes...

SEATFreak
1st October 2007, 10:40
Like many I don't think I have ever seen a Lassie movie. Certainly not all the way through....anyway how long has it been since a Lassie movie was on???

Though I am not the sort to easily cry I did cry at the end of The Champ with Jon Voight where he plays a guy who was a boxer who returns to boxing. Only to die of injuries after his return bout at the end of the film. His son cries like mad when his dad dies.

I also cried at the end of a movie with Christopher Reeve where he stays in a hotel overlooking the sea and goes into a small museum within the hotel and falls in love with a picture of an actress (Jayne Semour I think) who stayed there years and years ago. Somehow he is able to go back in time, meets her and has a relationship with her. They have a picnic in her room. He pulls from his pocket a modern coin and somehow dissapears back to his time where he dies of a broken heart. The song was sad too. One Moment in Time I think it was called.

J4MIE
1st October 2007, 11:47
Ok, I see what's happening here. You who posted here are the only ones lacking sensitive feelings and all the rest of the forum members are just too ashamed to admit they cried too. :p : Lassie ******* rules.

Not all of us are as sensitive as you mate ;)

Can honestly say that I have never seen a Lassie movie or tv show :s The only time I have cried watching a movie was at the end of the green mile, apart from that I am made of stone :p :

SEATFreak
1st October 2007, 12:30
The Chris Reeve film I refer to is Somewhere in Time (1981) and the Voigt movie The Champ (1979) which incidentally stars Faye Dunaway as his ex Annie and Ricky Schroeder as his son T.J.

Those were very sad movies for me....but only back then.

I wouldn't cry now not because I am insentive because for all my inability to be an intellectual equal on this forum I am one of the most sentitive members on this forum. But because I have grown up a lot.

My old dad nearly cried near to the end of Cast Away where Chuck Nolan (Hanks) kisses his ex girlfriend Kelly in the black Jeep (I wonder how many people when they saw Cast Away tried to guess the litre capacity?? :laugh: ) but I didn't. I couldn't.

I am not ashamed to admit I can't.

Woodeye
2nd October 2007, 17:56
I almost cried last saturday when watching pimp my ride. Although I think that having the worst hangover of my life (again) might had something to do with that also.

But the car was so beautiful after being tuned and it meant so much to it's owner.. :(

Drew
2nd October 2007, 18:35
I've never watched it. I don't seem to remember crying to any films, but I've been close.

Storm
2nd October 2007, 20:11
Lassie...as in the dog?

Never seen one and I doubt it can make me cry as no movie ever has.

Tomi
2nd October 2007, 21:05
http://img36.picoodle.com/img/img36/9/10/2/f_hailem_c76767f.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/9/10/2/f_hailem_c76767f.jpg&srv=img36)

here is another famous Lassie, sorry could not find the pic of tallahassie Lassie :)

anncath
3rd October 2007, 11:32
Lassie is cult! And: yes, I did cry some times watching it.

SEATFreak
3rd October 2007, 13:31
But the car was so beautiful after being tuned and it meant so much to it's owner.. :(

Only a petrol head could cry over the appearance of a car!! :rotflmao:

A.F.F.
3rd October 2007, 19:39
Lassie is cult! And: yes, I did cry some times watching it.

I salute you anncath. First and only honest around here :bounce: