PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here aver been to california speedway

jeffmr2
28th September 2007, 20:33
I know its not regarded by many as one of the best tracks but i'm going there next feb on route to the vegas race the following weekend.I was wondering if anyone who has been there could offer me some advice about race seats,such as to get a good view of the whole track how high in the stands would you recommend sitting? I can currently buy row 35 for $155 (3 days) or row 10 for $75 (cup only) both seats being fairly central in the main stand,which is about 48 rows high.Having recently been to richmond i was quite shocked at how bad the view is from seats low on the stands but i dont want to be so high to not feel the power of the cars as they blast by.Any advice would be most welcome.Thanks.

Hoss Ghoul
29th September 2007, 03:37
Never a penalty in going higher, IMO. Row 35 should be give you a real nice view of the track. To get the power-feel, walk down the frontstretch walkway against the flow of traffic on a restart for a lap, there's nothing like it in racing.

I have not been to California, but the only track I've been to that didn't have the grandstands setup so that you could walk right against the fence was at Pocono.

Row 10 is just to low, I had 10th row seats at RIR a few years back when the race was rained out at lap 75, luckily the next day we bumped into someone we knew who had access to a box suite, even insulated like that I wasn't wanting for the power/feel, not with that view!

tstran17_88
29th September 2007, 06:05
At Michigan (Cali's sister track), row 10 would be too low, but since Cali is a newer track, you may get lucky. Can't go wrong with row 35...I sit in row 28 and 29 for the Michigan races. Above 15 at Michigan are pretty good, above 20 is perfect.

By comparison, row 10 at Chicago are great seats...one can see the whole track. I'd assume Kansas would be the same.

I sat in row 28 the one time I was at RIR and I wouldn't want to sit any lower than 20-25 there.

jeffmr2
3rd October 2007, 19:42
Thanks for the advice,i booked my tickets in row 35.I'm thinking about pit pas tickets now lol. I'm flying onto Vegas after california race and booked neon garage pass there so dont know if its worth the money having a pit pass here as well. Roll on next february!!