PDA

View Full Version : A very odd sporting field...

veeten
28th September 2007, 02:22

leopard
28th September 2007, 02:55
thanks

tinchote
28th September 2007, 05:25
Hard to see anything in the small picture. What's odd about it? The colour? :confused:

Donney
28th September 2007, 10:40
I may be the idiot making the obvious question but, what's odd about it?

Eki
28th September 2007, 11:16
Hard to see anything in the small picture. What's odd about it? The colour? :confused:
I think for most non-Americans the sport is probably odd ;)

Camelopard
28th September 2007, 11:22
I think for most non-Americans the sport is probably odd ;)
Watch out Eki, you will be accused of being anti-american!

There is only one real football and the Grand Final is tomorrow, Geelong v Port Adelaide in Melbourne, carn the Cats................... :D

Eki
28th September 2007, 11:42

Been there.

There is only one real football and the Grand Final is tomorrow, Geelong v Port Adelaide in Melbourne, carn the Cats................... :D
No, this is the only real football. The World Championships are played every year in Finland:

http://www.suopotkupallo.fi/index.php?c_la=en

Camelopard
28th September 2007, 11:48
Been there.

No, this is the only real football. The World Championships are played every year in Finland:

You Finns are weird..... :p :

tinchote
28th September 2007, 12:48

Looks very similar to beach football, only a little dirtier ;)

SOD
28th September 2007, 13:12
is that Wembley?

veeten
28th September 2007, 15:01

Yes. :)

This is the home field of Boise State University, the only one of its kind in the US. Most artifical turf fields are within a stated shade of green, much like natural turf fields. This one has the same colours as the university, Blue and Orange. When the stadium was built it had a standard green artificial turf, but in 1986 it was changed to the Blue/Orange colour scheme, and remains so to this day.

Eki
28th September 2007, 17:35

This is the home field of Boise State University, the only one of its kind in the US. Most artifical turf fields are within a stated shade of green, much like natural turf fields. This one has the same colours as the university, Blue and Orange. When the stadium was built it had a standard green artificial turf, but in 1986 it was changed to the Blue/Orange colour scheme, and remains so to this day.
Looks to me it says "Broncos". I thought it was the home field of Denver Broncos?

tinchote
28th September 2007, 21:34

And how easy is it to see the players when they are playing?

tinchote
28th September 2007, 21:37
Looks to me it says "Broncos". I thought it was the home field of Denver Broncos?

You can bet there are many many "Broncos". One team in the NFL, another in the College league, and many many Highschool teams. The same way there are surely lots of "Mavericks", "Bears", "Cougars", "Rams", etc., etc.

jso1985
29th September 2007, 01:17

the only real football is the one played with feet!, the other ones are just Handball variants

Camelopard
29th September 2007, 01:40
the only real football is the one played with feet!, the other ones are just Handball variants

:p

jso1985
29th September 2007, 01:51
Handball
American Handball
Australian Rules Handball
Gaelic Handball
Canadian Rules Handball

Rubgy did good getting rid of the "handball" name ;) :p :

Drew
29th September 2007, 02:38

:D

Amo a los bolivianos :p :

Even when they speak english they make sense :up: ;)