PDA

View Full Version : Is it the off season?

Mark
27th September 2007, 16:52
It feels like the season has finished. Thank goodness the championship is still open or it would be even worse!

Alfa Fan
27th September 2007, 16:53
Yeah the long 6 week gap does make it feel almost as if we're into the off-season, not helped by the fact that there's been 2 recent announcements about 2008.

Dave B
27th September 2007, 17:09
The one and only up side to that six week gap is that we may have a wet race for the finale.

Iain
27th September 2007, 17:14
That's an upside? :mark:

VkmSpouge
27th September 2007, 17:16
It is an upside if you're planning to watch on TV in a nice warm and above all dry room :D

Allyc85
27th September 2007, 17:19
Bit of rain never hurt anyone, it rains every time I go Castle Combe lol!!

Seriously though, a quick shower mid race can make things very interesting!

Captain VXR
27th September 2007, 17:22
i want it dry cos ill be on the banks + the leons go better in wet weather

BDunnell
27th September 2007, 19:03
Thruxton races in the wet can be turned into a bit of a lottery, as the first meeting there in 1997 proved. It also made it very exciting, though!

It's a good point about it being fortunate that the championship is still open, by the way.

SEATFreak
28th September 2007, 08:44
Frankly I am just a spectator who happens to have an interest in the BTCC. I ain't helping to run a team so how the cars perform or how a race can go in a certain condition is something I feel is no concern of mine.

Whatever the condition all I can be concerned about is how strongly the Leon will start the race, run in the race and where exactly it will finish the race. And if it finishes strongly ahead of Fabrizio or perhaps even Turks going on recent form then that is all it takes to make he happy.

nicemms
28th September 2007, 18:52
In Someways it could be a bad thing if its wet because there will be a higher chance of collisions, like what happened at Brands Hatch which might mean retirement. However thruxton isn't a particulary twisty track so the effects of rain wouldn't be as great.

I do think the gap is frustrating because its like waiting for the season to begin again.

At least the time to wait till the start of next season will be slighlty less! :p

SEATFreak
29th September 2007, 08:28
In Someways it could be a bad thing if its wet because there will be a higher chance of collisions, like what happened at Brands Hatch which might mean retirement. However thruxton isn't a particulary twisty track so the effects of rain wouldn't be as great.

From what I have heard over the years on this forum in it's old home and here in it's new, I have certainly been given the impression theirs drivers that aren't the cleanest of drivers.

I don't know who they are but if it is true certain mid-low grid drivers are prone to making mistakes when the conditions aren't perfect, mightn't their still be the chance collisions could still happen??

I do think the gap is frustrating because its like waiting for the season to begin again.

I have felt like that too. Thought it is nice having gaps as it stretches the season out and doesn't feel like it is so short, their is something inside of us all I think that starts to feel withdrawl symptoms when long gaps appear in a season in a sport......

At least the time to wait till the start of next season will be slighlty less! :p

Perhaps it ain't so bad after all! :)

tdb
30th September 2007, 18:05
[quote="SEATFreak"] how the cars perform or how a race can go in a certain condition is something I feel is no concern of mine.

all I can be concerned about is how strongly the Leon will start the race, run in the race and where exactly it will finish the race.QUOTE]

peewhee
30th September 2007, 19:15
Frankly I am just a spectator who happens to have an interest in the BTCC. so how the cars perform or how a race can go in a certain condition is something I feel is no concern of mine.

Whatever the condition all I can be concerned about is how strongly the Leon will start the race, run in the race and where exactly it will finish the race.

Not much of an interest then!

Ian McC
1st October 2007, 14:16
It's been a bit quiet on here through all of this season.

Dan Eaves Fan
1st October 2007, 19:23
It's been a bit quiet on here through all of this season.

Thats true there doesnt seem to of been alot to talk about all year. Abit boring if you ask me.

SEATFreak
2nd October 2007, 08:21
Not much of an interest then!

Coming from someone who ain't exactly the foremost expert on my life I would find that the funniest thing if it wasn't so hurtful. (What else should one expexct??)

One the contrary. I have a very passionate interest. It is just I don't consider myself an intellectual equal to anyone. And as such I have not the right to call myself a "fan" who is in a much higher intellectual plain than "spectators".

For me to call myself a "fan" when I haven't achieved that level would be wrong.