PDA

View Full Version : Danica Patrick Tribute

DanicaFan
27th September 2007, 12:23
Not sure if there has been a thread that is devoted to Danica since I havent searched back that far.. :D But, I wanted to start a thread dedicated to this lovely, talented driver.

No matter what people say, she is a GREAT driver. Next year, we will see her in the winner's circle several times and I cant wait ! She is not only the most beautiful woman in the world but one of the top drivers to come into open wheel racing with no regards to gender.

I have had the pleasure of meeting and talking to her several times and she is very nice and fun to be around. She has always taken time to answer my questions and talk to me when Ive been around her. Ive been down in her garage and pit areas during practice, qualifications, and race day and she is very focused and ready to race. She isnt rude at this time as many say, she is just pre-occupied, and focused on whats at hand.

So far, her racing stats look like this...Pretty darn good to me..

8 Top 5 finishes
26 Top 10 finishes
3 Poles

Next year, we will see a few first place finishes, possibly even the 500. :)

Here is one picture I have of me and her taken up in Michigan this year when she raced up there (MIS).

ColSha
27th September 2007, 16:57
how sad.....
:(

ChicagocrewIRL
27th September 2007, 20:36
how sad.....
:(

What's sad is how short of a time it took for the haters to bash someone for being a fan.

Shame on you.

DanicaFan
27th September 2007, 23:05
I know, she gets bashed on other sites I visit too. I will defend her everytime.

Here is a picture I took of her at Mid-Ohio this year while down in her pit area. I love this picture. I posted this at indycar.com as well.

DanicaFan
27th September 2007, 23:07
And here is another picture of me and her at Mid-Ohio again. This was down in her garage.

beachgirl
28th September 2007, 02:06
Danica does have a fan club, in case you didn't know and would like to join. The information is on her website at http://www.danicapatrick.com.

beachbum
28th September 2007, 03:06
And here is another picture of me and her at Mid-Ohio again. This was down in her garage.Does Paul know about your obsession?

DanicaFan
28th September 2007, 05:24
Danica does have a fan club, in case you didn't know and would like to join. The information is on her website at www.danicapatrick.com. (http://www.danicapatrick.com.)

Thanks but I am already a member... :)

Jag_Warrior
30th September 2007, 17:56
What's sad is how short of a time it took for the haters to bash someone for being a fan.

Shame on you.

I actually agree with you that it's not right to beat someone down for being a fan of a driver (any driver). But when a fan expresses the opinion that his favorite driver "is a GREAT driver", and that driver has yet to win a professional automobile race, that opinion is certainly going to be open to criticism. But no, feelings don't need to get hurt in the process of pointing that fact out. Superlatives tend to be based on subjective thinking. But still, I would say that most drivers who have "great" attached to a description of their racing talents have won at least one professional auto race. More often that not, they've also won championships. And since open wheel racing also includes Formula One (to most, I would say), this statement doesn't pass the giggle test: "one of the top drivers to come into open wheel racing with no regards to gender." ONLY with regard to her gender would that make sense to me. Based on her Atlantics results, who would have hired her, except for her being a female? There are Atlantics champions running around who can't get open wheel formula car rides. Why would someone who never won an Atlantics race be coveted by any team, unless there was something unique/marketable about them... or they came with a pocket full of cash?

I was a big Jean Alesi fan years ago. Even though he only won one grand prix, he's won many professional races in other categories. And even I, as a fan of the "Alesi Head Lean", can't say that he was "a great driver". He was a good driver. He was a very exciting driver. He had/has a personality and spirit that is seldom seen in these days of political correctness and drivers who are (overly) polished, corporate spokesmen.

IMO, Danica gets beaten on a lot because she gets so much media attention, but has no wins (in any pro category) to really justify that attention, in many people's minds. But that doesn't make her a bad person or anything... just an overhyped driver with fairly average results, IMO.

Lee Roy
30th September 2007, 19:46
26 Top 10 finishes

How is this an accomplishment when, in the IRL, you can finish in the lower half of the field and still record a top 10 finish?

Jag_Warrior
30th September 2007, 19:52
How is this an accomplishment when, in the IRL, you can finish in the lower half of the field and still record a top 10 finish?

I'm going to GoDaddy and getting the domain DanicaFanatics.com. As long as you don't post any facts, you are welcome to register.

:D

Easy Drifter
1st October 2007, 19:54
Actually I do not think she has ever won a car race let alone a pro race. Karts yes.
That said she is a fairly quick driver but prone to mistakes, thereby fitting in with the Andretti's (nasty nasty).
I do not like her attitude but I consider a good driver who will improve. I mean it is always somebody elses fault.

ZzZzZz
2nd October 2007, 00:01
She would likely have won an Atlantic race (Portland) if she hadn't been punted in the first chicane by some idiot. It seems, from some people's reasoning, that that one incident out of her control would have made a world of difference how talented she is...

Who beat her in Atlantics? Jon Fogarty, who is a great driver. And Ryan Dalziel, who had an illegal car all year. If Fogarty had been in CART, where he belonged, and Dalziel hadn't gotten away with cheating, you can tell me where she would have finished instead of 3rd. Isn't that down to circumstance?

She may not be a great driver, but I believe she has shown that she is capable of winning in the IRL.

Rollo
2nd October 2007, 02:10
I read the title of this thread and thought that she might have been late from this world... nearly gave me a heart attack that.

DanicaFan
2nd October 2007, 05:27
Im getting a few of these decals made to put on my Explorer. I will have 2 on my vehicle, 1 on each side near my rear window.

SEAN-B.
2nd October 2007, 09:04
Im getting a few of these decals made to put on my Explorer. I will have 2 on my vehicle, 1 on each side near my rear window.

Man,you are quite the fan!That's cool you have gotten the chance to meet her on a few occasions.I definitely envy you of that!

I think she is definitely a talented driver and like any driver,given the cirumstances,can and will get frustrated.She has put up with a lot of criticism and has handled it all very professionally.I give props to the girl for taking care of business and knowing when to move on given the proper opportunity.

Nick Brad
2nd October 2007, 12:43
...... And since open wheel racing also includes Formula One (to most, I would say), this statement doesn't pass the giggle test: "one of the top drivers to come into open wheel racing with no regards to gender." ONLY with regard to her gender would that make sense to me. ........Why would someone who never won an Atlantics race be coveted by any team, unless there was something unique/marketable about them... or they came with a pocket full of cash?

IMO, Danica gets beaten on a lot because she gets so much media attention, but has no wins (in any pro category) to really justify that attention, in many people's minds. But that doesn't make her a bad person or anything... just an overhyped driver with fairly average results, IMO.

I agree with all of the above, it is her gender that has resulted in her being where she is and I don't see the down side to it. Come to Rockingham and you see the same thing with the pickups and Kelly Jane Wells, her popularity far outweighes her talent IMO, (although she has won races,) but the point is, both these drivers are very marketable tools and who can blame them for taking advantage of it. Danica obviously has talent behind the wheel also, otherwise she wouldn't land a seat in a top series regardless of marketability.

The main point of this thread is a fan expressing his affection for his favorite driver though and what is sad or indeed bad about that?

ChicagocrewIRL
2nd October 2007, 14:29

More power to you DanicaFan. I just wish MORE people had the enthusiasm and drive to support her and all the awesome drivers that compete in the IRL.

It's all about bringing new fans into the series and good driver or not, it is indisputable that Danica Patrick has been a huge source of new fan interest. KEEP BRINGING THEM IN DANICA !!! I won't really care how much you whine if you bring the FANS !!! and media coverage. :)

The series is only as good as its drivers and fan support. It's the fact that us as fans care about and follow these drivers that drives the existence of the series;

that and the Indianapolis 500.

Mark in Oshawa
2nd October 2007, 16:57
Well, I wont knock you for being a fan, everyone has their tastes, but I would hardly make the claim she is a great driver. As it has been pointed out, she hasn't won a race in Atlantics or the IRL, and maybe going back into Amateur days into Karting. I have no doubt she is competant, and she is capable of getting a win, but things have to fall into place as it stands right now. She needs some luck to win, and most drivers fall into that category.

No, what turns me off about Danica is the hype, and the petulant attitude she has displayed when things have NOT gone her way. We wont go into the numerous pouts and finger pointing, not to mention slapping a few drivers in the backs of ambulances as the two are carted away from a wreck she could have possibly avoided.

Occaisonally, even when I agree she was punted, her attitude still loses me. Danica has to learn that class goes a long way, and while she is a woman, she shouldn't have to apolgize for it or have to pull attitude as if the boys were out to get her. They don't really care, and after 3 years of this crap, they treat her as a talented driver who they know if she tangles with them, she wont back down and blame them no matter whose fault it is.

Danica may or may not ever win an IRL race. She is fast enough, and she is talented enough to deserve her ride. I give her full marks for that, but her attitude, and her using her looks for advertising and image shoudn't be lauded when she then proclaims she wants to be treated no different than anyone else. No Danica, you want people to kiss your hand and shine your apple when things are going well and it suits you, and then you hide behind the fiction you are "just another driver."

Danica is NOT just another driver. She is a beautiful young woman who wants to have her cake and eat it to, and hates being called on it. She also never admits fault. To be a fan of all of that, well all power to you man, I am sure she has a good side and is likely not a bad person under all of that,but the side I have seen does not justify the hype and BS that I as a race fan has to hear about.

weeflyonthewall
2nd October 2007, 17:56
aka spoiled brat?

beachgirl
3rd October 2007, 02:31
Works for me.

Walter Zoomie
13th October 2007, 20:20
You should love this then... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAixFtumgqY

DanicaFan
15th October 2007, 08:12
Thanks Walter....I love anything Danica.

beachgirl
15th October 2007, 21:52
We know.

Claus Hansen
16th October 2007, 09:08
Yeps, nice to see racefans talking, not bashing...

I made a mistake bashing nascar for being boring, because i found the races to long, that did not go down well :o (

So keep smiling Danicafan

Old3Fan
21st November 2007, 15:39
I give her credit the same as I gave Sarah Fischer and other women drivers who have been around. That credit being you got guts girl. And I will also give Danika credit for being the best so far in the IRL, however, until the IRL loses all their current front runners as they are and the IRL becomes the GIRL (Girls Indy Racing League), I just don't think that Danika will ever get a win with the exception that there might be a race where all the front runners crash/equipment failure drop out and she might sneak in a win. She usually qualifies in the 7-10 range and drives well enough to complete the races and gets most of her advances do to leader screw ups or equipment failures. A couple of times I thought well this is your race but she could not stand up to the pressure. I gotta say no one beats her in the press build up in the magazines or news papers or the TV announcers. Right now it looks to me like Tony Kanann willl be the next Champion unless he leaves.

F1boat
21st November 2007, 16:26
She is a brave driver and it is good that she has such enthusiastic fans. But she does seems to be a bit arrogant, especially the Wheldon episode,

leopard
22nd November 2007, 03:23
Thanks Walter....I love anything Danica. as mostly normal man :\

millencolin
22nd November 2007, 09:26
She has done a lot over the years, breaking new ground by being somewhat successful in a mans game, but unfortuately her results dont back up the hype. i'm not knocking danica fans at all, support whoever you want (my favourite drivers; Webber, Power, Tagliani; dont tend to do well either with the exception of Power) But the hype that surrounds her isn't justified with her results, and thats all that bugs me.

The hype i see with her is similiar to that Lewis Hamilton gained this year. But with Lewis the hype can be backed up. I would like to see Danica win so she can shut up her doubters, but atm i dont see it happening unfortuately.

leopard
23rd November 2007, 03:23
Lewis Hamilton, let alone Mark Webber, needs to win to make his doubters shut up, Danica is enough racing as it is, as it is enough to make the fans happy :)

CARTDM15
23rd November 2007, 05:32
She has never lead a lap in Atlantics or Barber Dodge.Not the stuff great drivers are made of.But there is nothing wrong with being a fan.More power to you.
Also the IRL has been a two class series the last two season.With Penske,ARG & TCGR being the top of the class.And everybody else just fighting for the leftovers.She finish seventh in class this year and fourth in class last year.Being with a much stronger team may have only made it look like this pass season was a great year.To say she is a great driver is a little bit much.The numbers prove she is just average at best