PDA

View Full Version : Chicagoland Speedway 2008 IRL Race

ACTF_ZETT
26th September 2007, 16:44
Chicagoland Speedway finally announced this week that they will be installing lighting for the 2008 season. As of right now only the NASCAR Busch and Sprint Cup races will be run under the lights.

Personally I am a fan of racing during the day, if they decided to run the Indy 500 at night I would Sh!t a brick (like I did when they ran the Daytona 500 finish under the lights this year).

However, I believe that they should run this season finale race under the lights. The audience for the race is already way down because football starts the same day. Chicagoland is always one of the most exciting races, I think that it should be added to the primetime schedule.

Jonesi
26th September 2007, 20:10
Chicagoland Speedway finally announced this week that they will be installing lighting for the 2008 season. As of right now only the NASCAR Busch and Sprint Cup races will be run under the lights.

Personally I am a fan of racing during the day, if they decided to run the Indy 500 at night I would Sh!t a brick (like I did when they ran the Daytona 500 finish under the lights this year).

However, I believe that they should run this season finale race under the lights. The audience for the race is already way down because football starts the same day. Chicagoland is always one of the most exciting races, I think that it should be added to the primetime schedule.

A little problem with the scheduling. Richmond (last race before the cutoff for the chase) cup race is Sat night 9/6. Staying on Sunday 9/7 under the lights puts them against season premiere of NBC Sunday Night Football.