PDA

View Full Version : Grunge rules.

A.F.F.
26th September 2007, 15:48
I confess, I got stuck on the 90's. But I dig grunge. Alice in chains, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Stone temple pilots, Nemeh's O.D. etc. Hands up if you feel me :)

Daniel
26th September 2007, 15:50
I feel you buddy :love: Or at least I'd like to :p

Alice in Chains is good. I used to love listening to Rooster when I used to play Battlefield Vietnam :p

Brown, Jon Brow
26th September 2007, 15:54
I've always wanted to know if Smashing Pumpkins are classed as a Grunge band? :\

Grunge certainly rules cRap :p

rah
26th September 2007, 15:57
Yeah I love it dude. Don't forget Soundgarden either.

Daniel
26th September 2007, 16:06
Yeah I love it dude. Don't forget Soundgarden either.
Tbh I wouldn't call Soundgarden grunge but a lot of people do. Soundgarden are great though :D

Brown, Jon Brow
26th September 2007, 16:11
I confess, I got stuck on the 90's. But I dig grunge. Alice in chains, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Stone temple pilots, Nemeh's O.D. etc. Hands up if you feel me :)

*Brown, Jon Brow picks up guitar, turns amp up and breaks into Smells like Teen spirit riff*

Storm
26th September 2007, 17:05
Well...for me it was not very exciting era...as I am a fan of early 80s metal/classic rock and thrash metal. It ended being the death knell for some of those bands (along with the glam/hair metal stuff)

Of course we are back in business with all the 'reunions' of Maiden, Priest, Sabbth/Heaven and Hell...and its almost as if grunge was a bad dream.

Yes some of those bands had talent but some were more of an image of being anti-image and being about the music.....ironically.

Jon Brown, there are better riffs than that one surely? :p :

Caroline
26th September 2007, 17:27
Soundgarden were cool. Spoonman is one of my fave tracks. I used to love Mudhoney and Nirvana too.

janneppi
26th September 2007, 17:45
Bah, Nirvana was the emo band of nineties.

I was mostly uninterested of the whole grunge thing as I was listening to Metallica as every desent kid in Finland was supposed to, Spoonman is a great song though...

..as is Romeo ja Julia by Movetron :p :

Woodeye
26th September 2007, 18:00
.. as is Romeo ja Julia by Movetron :p :

Movetron? Movetron?! I gotta be kiddin' me.

I have one word for you that's harder than titanium:

Hausmylly.

Caroline
26th September 2007, 18:07
Bah, Nirvana was the emo band of nineties.

I was mostly uninterested of the whole grunge thing as I was listening to Metallica as every desent kid in Finland was supposed to, Spoonman is a great song though...
:p :

Yeah, but even Metallica mellowed in the mid nineties. Perhaps influenced by the success of grunge? :p :

janneppi
26th September 2007, 18:12
Movetron? Movetron?! I gotta be kiddin' me.

I have one word for you that's harder than titanium:

Hausmylly.
There isn't an emoticon powerfull enough to express how funny that was.

Yeah, but even Metallica mellowed in the mid nineties. Perhaps influenced by the success of grunge? :p :
Nah, just the alcohol kicking in with old age.

Storm
26th September 2007, 19:59
Maybe ...since they have put out crap albums since 91...I dont have any expectations from their new one although they ditched Bob Rock as producer.

I remember Hammett with black nail-paint .... <puke smiley>

A.F.F.
26th September 2007, 20:04
Metallica is an icon. Or used to be.

leopard
27th September 2007, 06:31
1991 I think the peak of Metallica, all they have in the "Black" album were the greatest songs they have ever made. But that's also they started downfall, and didn't produce great album as such. They slightly changed orientation of the music according to trend of the said time that they think to play 80's music in the end of 90's was no longer relevant.

However a true fan of them will never mind to listen album produced there after. "Reload" album and even "Garage Inc" which was in quote cover version from older band, gave more color for Metallica playing music.

ShiftingGears
27th September 2007, 06:40
Thrash Metallica was great, but I guess theres only so many thrash songs you can play without starting to sound recycled. I think Metallica realised this and tried different things.

Also...Alice in Chains are awesome.

Ranger
27th September 2007, 07:22
Alice in Chains is good. I used to love listening to Rooster when I used to play Battlefield Vietnam :p

I agree. Great song. :up: I only have one album of theirs and that's Dirt - great stuff. On the other hand I still haven't really got into "Ten" by Pearl Jam.

Rollo
27th September 2007, 07:25
Live Forever was written in the middle of grunge and all that, and I remember Nirvana had a tune called I Hate Myself and I Want to Die and I was like . . . 'Well, I'm not ****ing having that.' As much as I ****ing like him [Cobain] and all that ****, I'm not having that. I can't have people like that coming over here, on smack, ****ing saying that they hate themselves and they wanna die. That's ****ing rubbish.
-Noel Gallagher in the NME.

Well, that's good. If punk was about getting rid of hippies, then I'm getting rid of grunge.
- Damon Albarn of Blur

Long Live Britrock :D

harsha
27th September 2007, 09:43
nirvana is slightly over-rated according to me cause of Kurt Cobain's death

but still nice songs none the less,but Alice in Chains,Soundgarden,Pearl Jam are very good

leopard
27th September 2007, 09:51
Kurt Cobain's death was to lift up rate of the band, if he can't enjoy their popularity what did he do it for?

just fine songs, not great, slightly monotonous.

Rudy Tamasz
27th September 2007, 10:35
Grunge was too suicidal, I never liked it. To me Primal Scream is the real '90s music.